Stranded on an island or prison?

Stranded on an island or prison?

• Total voters
No its not. YOu are just being stupid.

Bzzzt, wrong ding dong. Find a tropical island with water that is "drinking water quality" as defined in the wikipedia article.You can't, because it only exists in your "unrealistic, hypothetical" world where water faucets with dasani come out of the ground spontaneously.

So you can only eat snakes and rodents? That would force me to choose prison over the island.
And any seafood, birds or bugs you can catch. Coconuts will likely be available too.

If you can somehow get fire then a lot more becomes edible, otherwise you would use a lot of this for fishing bait.

Last edited:
Bzzzt, wrong ding dong. Find a tropical island with water that is "drinking water quality" as defined in the wikipedia article.You can't, because it only exists in your "unrealistic, hypothetical" world where water faucets with dasani come out of the ground spontaneously.
Again you are wrong and stupid.

While not likely it is POSSIBLE to have underground wells or collections of rain water or other water that is fresh drinkable water or other sources of fresh water.

And in this HYPOTHETICAL the TS has said that is the case, so even though unlikely that is what occurs on this hypothetical island. Nothing matters except for the hypothetical in this thread so don't waste your time with anything else.

Again you are wrong and stupid.

While not likely it is POSSIBLE to have underground wells or collections of rain water or other water that is fresh drinkable water or other sources of fresh water.

And in this HYPOTHETICAL the TS has said that is the case, so even though unlikely that is what occurs on this hypothetical island. Nothing matters except for the hypothetical in this thread so don't waste your time with anything else.

Still couldn't find a source of "fresh drinking water" on a Pacific Island in the real world? You've repeated this same BS over and over. Either come up with proof that it exists or STFU. I will also accept another one of your hysterical analogies on maybe how you're a water expert now. Maybe, because you once gave a homeless guy a water bottle?

I'd take the island sheerly because I couldnt handle Max lockdown 24/7 prison. That shit ain't right. I'd rather fight for survival and die after a month or two on the island then spend 5 years locked in a cube. Batshit insane by the time you get out.

Last edited:
Still couldn't find a source of "fresh drinking water" on a Pacific Island in the real world? You've repeated this same BS over and over. Either come up with proof that it exists or STFU. I will also accept another one of your hysterical analogies on maybe how you're a water expert now. Maybe, because you once gave a homeless guy a water bottle?
Finding sources is not hard you twit. I just don't feel the need to prove anything to someone as dumb as you.

Ahhh screw it I will do a quick 2 second google search for you since you are too dumb to.

Here you go...

Small tropical Islands - Water Resources. UNESCO Report

WHERE IS THE FRESH WATER ON SMALL ISLANDS?

Fresh water can occur naturally on small islands as surface water or as ground water. The type and quantity of fresh water on small islands is dictated by many factors, including those discussed in the last section, the size of the island and the amount and variability of rainfall. Even on Christmas Island, described at the left by Captain Cook, n o w called Kiritimati (Republic of Kiribati), fresh water is available, albeit in limited quantities. A population of about 2,500 no w live on this island which, strictly speaking, is in a drier part of the tropics— the central Pacific. The average annual rainfall occurring there is about 840 mm , compared to the higher rainfall experienced on most small tropical islands.

-----------------------

Fresh water springs in oceans: A hidden water resource

...Submarine groundwater springs are widespread, but easy to overlook...

...Often springs were used as a source for drinking water as for example in Bahrain in the Persian Gulf,...

...In island states with a shortage of water such as Tahiti or Fiji the population still relies on fresh water springs if the water supply breaks down...

... In the 1990s Florida even planned to tap submarine groundwater on large scale, as drinking water is running short in the city of Miami....

...Some people shipwrecked survived only because of sea submarine groundwater discharge – as the ZMT scientists call the springs. One example is the crew of the whaling ship Essex which moved Herman Melville to write his novel Moby Dick.

“Fresh water flowing out of the ocean has something magical and inspires people’s imagination”...

Last edited:
Finding sources is not hard you twit. I just don't feel the need to prove anything to someone as dumb as you.

Ahhh screw it I will do a quick 2 second google search for you since you are too dumb to.

Here you go...

Small tropical Islands - Water Resources. UNESCO Report

WHERE IS THE FRESH WATER ON SMALL ISLANDS?

Fresh water can occur naturally on small islands as surface water or as ground water. The type and quantity of fresh water on small islands is dictated by many factors, including those discussed in the last section, the size of the island and the amount and variability of rainfall. Even on Christmas Island, described at the left by Captain Cook, n o w called Kiritimati (Republic of Kiribati), fresh water is available, albeit in limited quantities. A population of about 2,500 no w live on this island which, strictly speaking, is in a drier part of the tropics— the central Pacific. The average annual rainfall occurring there is about 840 mm , compared to the higher rainfall experienced on most small tropical islands.

-----------------------

Fresh water springs in oceans: A hidden water resource

...Submarine groundwater springs are widespread, but easy to overlook...

...Often springs were used as a source for drinking water as for example in Bahrain in the Persian Gulf,...

...In island states with a shortage of water such as Tahiti or Fiji the population still relies on fresh water springs if the water supply breaks down...

... In the 1990s Florida even planned to tap submarine groundwater on large scale, as drinking water is running short in the city of Miami....

...Some people shipwrecked survived only because of sea submarine groundwater discharge – as the ZMT scientists call the springs. One example is the crew of the whaling ship Essex which moved Herman Melville to write his novel Moby Dick.

“Fresh water flowing out of the ocean has something magical and inspires people’s imagination”...

We now have written evidence of you being wrong. We all knew you were stupid, but now we have undeniable proof. Give up now. You're just being an obstinate idiot now.

We all know there are fresh water springs on Pacific Island. But that's not what you claimed. You claimed "fresh drinking water" Let's go over your quotes:

quatin said:
It is FACT that "fresh drinking water on an island is impossible" in the real world. ...

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.

MikeMcMann said:
the very definition of DRINKING WATER assumes it is safe. You don't include the word 'drinking' otherwise and he could have just said 'there is water' but when you add 'drinking' and 'fresh' it intonates it is safe to drink to all but an idiot.

If someone tells you tomorrow 'help yourself to that fresh drinking water in the pitcher' you can assume it is safe to drink.

Drinking water

Drinking water, also known as potable water, is water that is safe to drink or to use for food preparation.

Definition of potable water:
Potable water is water that is considered safe to drink. It has been either treated, cleaned or filtered and meets your local established drinking water standards.

Fresh water springs are not considered potable water, which is why the islanders filter the water before drinking it and why the words "potable water" is no where to be found in your "articles". When someone tells you tomorrow "help yourself to that fresh drinking water in the pitcher" you can assume that animals didn't take a shit in it right before they poured it.

Keep trying though. I am thoroughly enjoying you making yourself look like a complete clown. Even if it is on the internet.

We now have written evidence of you being wrong. We all knew you were stupid, but now we have undeniable proof. Give up now. You're just being an obstinate idiot now.

We all know there are fresh water springs on Pacific Island. But that's not what you claimed. You claimed "fresh drinking water" Let's go over your quotes:

quatin said:
It is FACT that "fresh drinking water on an island is impossible" in the real world. ...

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.

Definition of potable water:
Potable water is water that is considered safe to drink. It has been either treated, cleaned or filtered and meets your local established drinking water standards.

Fresh water springs are not considered potable water, which is why the islanders filter the water before drinking it and why the words "potable water" is no where to be found in your "articles". When someone tells you tomorrow "help yourself to that fresh drinking water in the pitcher" you can assume that animals didn't take a shit in it right before they poured it.

Keep trying though. I am thoroughly enjoying you making yourself look like a complete clown. Even if it is on the internet.
Lol your stupidity spreads to your reading ability.

Re-read both my citations as they both have identified drining water as well. They gave an example of it savig lives in just the type of the sitaution the TS presnted.

Read this a couple times and then try to actually comprehend it...

Lol your stupidity spreads to your reading ability.

Re-read both my citations as they both have identified drining water as well. They gave an example of it savig lives in just the type of the sitaution the TS presnted.

Read this a couple times and then try to actually comprehend it...

Ah, backed you in a corner have I? Let's play the semantics game, which you love. The articles mentioned people "drinking water", where drinking is used as a verb. YOU wanted to define "fresh drinking water" as a noun and furthermore, wanted to use the WIKIPEDIA article definition of "drinking water" as:

Drinking water

Drinking water, also known as potable water, is water that is safe to drink or to use for food preparation.

Potable water is defined as:

Nowhere in those articles does it mention the natural water sources being up to potable water standards.

Ah, backed you in a corner have I? Let's play the semantics game, which you love. The articles mentioned people "drinking water", where drinking is used as a verb. YOU wanted to define "fresh drinking water" as a noun and furthermore, wanted to use the WIKIPEDIA article definition of "drinking water" as:

Drinking water

Nowhere in those articles does it mention the natural water sources being up to potable water standards.
You are such a jole and so very dumb.

Did you read your quote "Drinking water, also known as potable water, is water that is safe to drink or to use for food preparation."?

It says it is safe to drink right there. Some potable water may have to be filtered or boiled but not all does. Go into the links in your articles and it talks about WELLS that supply villages fresh driking water.

DO you honestly believe there is no water that does not have to be boiled or filtered and that can simply be drunk from a well. Because you are wrong about that. my family grew up in the country and we had a well as our source of water and that water was not treated but we did have to send it to be tested regularly by the city.

And lets go one step beyond to the height of your ignorance and let me remind you of this

None of this matters. It's called a hypothetical for a reason

Your complete lack of understanding what a hypothetical situation is, is the problem here. In a hypothetical the TS can say 'in this example I am giving you the power of flight like SUperman' and you arguing against the probability of that is just idiocy. It is part of the presented scenario, so you deal with it if you want to participate. You will keep arguing against that because you are not smart enough to understand what I just said but please note that anyone else who reads this will understand it and know how stupid you are.

You are such a jole and so very dumb.

Did you read your quote "Drinking water, also known as potable water, is water that is safe to drink or to use for food preparation."?

It says it is safe to drink right there. Some potable water may have to be filtered or boiled but not all does. Go into the links in your articles and it talks about WELLS that supply villages fresh driking water.

DO you honestly believe there is no water that does not have to be boiled or filtered and that can simply be drunk from a well. Because you are wrong about that. my family grew up in the country and we had a well as our source of water and that water was not treated but we did have to send it to be tested regularly by the city.

And lets go one step beyond to the height of your ignorance and let me remind you of this

Your complete lack of understanding what a hypothetical situation is, is the problem here. In a hypothetical the TS can say 'in this example I am giving you the power of flight like SUperman' and you arguing against the probability of that is just idiocy. It is part of the presented scenario, so you deal with it if you want to participate. You will keep arguing against that because you are not smart enough to understand what I just said but please note that anyone else who reads this will understand it and know how stupid you are.

I love it, another hilarious anecdote of when you were a kid and rank out of a MAN MADE well, therefore you're a water expert. The answer is no, you retard. Private well water that is not filtered is not inherently safe, which is why you had to have it tested regularly by the city and also why private well water is not regulated by the government. This also neglects the fact that you had a MAN MADE well, which are drilled into the deepest sections of the aquifer and covered to isolate against surface water. Natural artesian wells can be contaminated by surface ground water as well as animals that drink out of it and that's why if you read your own damn articles, you'll see that natives of these island use it as a BACKUP to filtered POTABLE water sources.

Also, lets go one step beyond the height of your ignorance and let me remind you of this.

We're not talking about hypothetical situations. We're talking about the real world. See the words "real world" below in the quote? Or are you trying to play semantics and pretend aliens came to this uninhabited island and drilled a well for you?

quatin said:

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.

I love it, another hilarious anecdote of when you were a kid and rank out of a MAN MADE well, therefore you're a water expert. The answer is no, you retard. Private well water that is not filtered is not inherently safe, which is why you had to have it tested regularly by the city and also why private well water is not regulated by the government. This also neglects the fact that you had a MAN MADE well, which are drilled into the deepest sections of the aquifer and covered to isolate against surface water. Natural artesian wells can be contaminated by surface ground water as well as animals that drink out of it and that's why if you read your own damn articles, you'll see that natives of these island use it as a BACKUP to filtered POTABLE water sources.

Also, lets go one step beyond the height of your ignorance and let me remind you of this.

We're not talking about hypothetical situations. We're talking about the real world. See the words "real world" below in the quote? Or are you trying to play semantics and pretend aliens came to this uninhabited island and drilled a well for you?

quatin said:

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.
No one said it is inherently safe you idiot. I said it was safe.

Again another in a long line of idiocy from you.

you want to KNOW it is 100% safe before drinking and in this instance hypothetical when stranded on an island you do not have the ability to have it tested. But you get lucky as the water is safe anyway. It was not the testing that made our water safe, the testing just verified that. But if we were early settlers or stranded we would have taken the risk and drank it and as per the hypothetical we would have been ok as it just so happened to be safe.

But again you struggle to understand a hypothetical where the TS stipulated it is safe. that is all that matters. But you are too dumb to understand that.

No one said it is inherently safe you idiot. I said it was safe.

Again another in a long line of idiocy from you.

you want to KNOW it is 100% safe before drinking and in this instance hypothetical when stranded on an island you do not have the ability to have it tested. But you get lucky as the water is safe anyway. It was not the testing that made our water safe, the testing just verified that. But if we were early settlers or stranded we would have taken the risk and drank it and as per the hypothetical we would have been ok as it just so happened to be safe.

But again you struggle to understand a hypothetical where the TS stipulated it is safe. that is all that matters. But you are too dumb to understand that.

Potable water means inherently safe. When someone offers you a pitcher of fresh drinking water, you can safely assume that the water is inherently safe and not "testing will let us know in a month if the water you drank was safe or not". No one, except a complete idiot like you would think that an exposed water source is potable. We're not even talking about man made wells.

We're not talking about the hypothetical anymore, we're talking about YOUR claim about the REAL WORLD as stipulated below:

quatin said:

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.

Potable water means inherently safe. When someone offers you a pitcher of fresh drinking water, you can safely assume that the water is inherently safe and not "testing will let us know in a month if the water you drank was safe or not". No one, except a complete idiot like you would think that an exposed water source is potable. We're not even talking about man made wells.

We're not talking about the hypothetical anymore, we're talking about YOUR claim about the REAL WORLD as stipulated below:

quatin said:

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.
It is POSSIBLE to find safe drinkable water on an island. I have already proved that. that does not mean it is proved safe before you drink but after you drink you don't get sick because it WAS safe. you lucked out.

And for this HYPOTHETICAL the TS has specified that so that is all that matters. So stop being an idiot.

I would love to move this to PM instead. @MikeMcMann thoughts? I'm thoroughly enjoying watching you squirm like a weasel and all the hilarious anecdotes you're pulling out.
no interest in PM'ing with you as i like people seeing your idiocy.

Hypothetical :

Me - In this hypothetical you have the power of flight like superman
idiot you - People cannot fly so that won't work
Me - you really are dumb as you don't understand what a hypothetical is do you
Idiot you - people cannot fly

It is POSSIBLE to find safe drinkable water on an island. I have already proved that. that does not mean it is proved safe before you drink but after you drink you don't get sick because it WAS safe. you lucked out.

And for this HYPOTHETICAL the TS has specified that so that is all that matters. So stop being an idiot.

You only proved that you are illiterate and ignorant. I hate repeating myself, but it is so incredibly fun to watch you squirm and reach to get out of this hole you dug.

quatin said:

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.

We're not talking hypothetical, we're talking real world. See above for the words "real world".

Drinking water

This is the definition of drinking water that you found. Provide proof of a Pacific Island with a natural potable water source, not just a water source that you "could" drink from in the verb sense. That's not what your definition is.

no interest in PM'ing with you as i like people seeing your idiocy.

Hypothetical :

Me - In this hypothetical you have the power of flight like superman
idiot you - People cannot fly so that won't work
Me - you really are dumb as you don't understand what a hypothetical is do you
Idiot you - people cannot fly

I'm thoroughly entertained by this back and forth with you. I almost feel a little bad, because it's like taunting a retard, but if other sherdoggers aren't, I can move this to PM. Either way.

You only proved that you are illiterate and ignorant. I hate repeating myself, but it is so incredibly fun to watch you squirm and reach to get out of this hole you dug..
YOu are so incredibly dumb as this thread is about about a hypothetical

Lol at you not knowing that.

Beyond that it is fact that is possible to get safe drinking water on an island. I have proven that.

spear-fishing-perfect-timing.jpg

Back