Stranded on an island or prison?

Stranded on an island or prison?

• Total voters
You two should just prison rape each other and get it over with

YOu are so incredibly dumb as this thread is about about a hypothetical

Lol at you not knowing that.

Beyond that it is fact that is possible to get safe drinking water on an island. I have proven that.

Real world doofus. Real world. It's awesome I can use your own words against you. It's like fighting fire with fire, but fighting idiocy with idiocy.

quatin said:
It is FACT that "fresh drinking water on an island is impossible" in the real world. ...

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.

You just dug yourself deeper into a hole. "Safe drinking water" you said? Let's look at the wikipedia article YOU quoted at what "safe drinking water" means.

safe drinking-water is water that "does not represent any significant risk to health over a lifetime of consumption, including different sensitivities that may occur between life stages."

That means basically pure water. Not just water free of bacteria, but also controlled for chemicals, allergens, heavy metals and other carcinogens. You couldn't even find an island with "drinking water" as per your definition, much less "safe drinking water", again per your definition.

Real world doofus. Real world. It's awesome I can use your own words against you. It's like fighting fire with fire, but fighting idiocy with idiocy.

quatin said:
It is FACT that "fresh drinking water on an island is impossible" in the real world. ...

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.

You just dug yourself deeper into a hole. "Safe drinking water" you said? Let's look at the wikipedia article YOU quoted at what "safe drinking water" means.

safe drinking-water is water that "does not represent any significant risk to health over a lifetime of consumption, including different sensitivities that may occur between life stages."

That means basically pure water. Not just water free of bacteria, but also controlled for chemicals, allergens, heavy metals and other carcinogens. You couldn't even find an island with "drinking water" as per your definition, much less "safe drinking water", again per your definition.
Except its not fact as I proved up thread. You are just too dumb to understand it.

It is quite possible to luck out and find fresh drinkable water on an island that you could survive on.

-------------------

Small tropical Islands - Water Resources. UNESCO Report

WHERE IS THE FRESH WATER ON SMALL ISLANDS?

Fresh water can occur naturally on small islands as surface water or as ground water. The type and quantity of fresh water on small islands is dictated by many factors, including those discussed in the last section, the size of the island and the amount and variability of rainfall. Even on Christmas Island, described at the left by Captain Cook, n o w called Kiritimati (Republic of Kiribati), fresh water is available, albeit in limited quantities. A population of about 2,500 no w live on this island which, strictly speaking, is in a drier part of the tropics— the central Pacific. The average annual rainfall occurring there is about 840 mm , compared to the higher rainfall experienced on most small tropical islands.

-----------------------

Fresh water springs in oceans: A hidden water resource

...Submarine groundwater springs are widespread, but easy to overlook...

...Often springs were used as a source for drinking water as for example in Bahrain in the Persian Gulf,...

...In island states with a shortage of water such as Tahiti or Fiji the population still relies on fresh water springs if the water supply breaks down...

... In the 1990s Florida even planned to tap submarine groundwater on large scale, as drinking water is running short in the city of Miami....

...Some people shipwrecked survived only because of sea submarine groundwater discharge – as the ZMT scientists call the springs. One example is the crew of the whaling ship Essex which moved Herman Melville to write his novel Moby Dick.

“Fresh water flowing out of the ocean has something magical and inspires people’s imagination”...

It’s two fucking geeks arguing over Star Trek vs Star Wars.
Star trek and Star Wars would suggest we are debating opinions. He is factually wrong that it is impossible to find fresh drinking water on an island that will not kill you. FACTUALLY WRONG.

I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube of people using "primitive technology" to desalinize ocean water and drinking it so it shouldn't be an issue getting drinking water. Assuming this is allowed in the hypothetical, and you have the know-how of course.

Note: It's not the channel Primitive Technology, which is awesome and should be watched by everyone, but someone like him.

I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube of people using "primitive technology" to desalinize ocean water and drinking it so it shouldn't be an issue getting drinking water. Assuming this is allowed in the hypothetical, and you have the know-how of course.

Note: It's not the channel Primitive Technology, which is awesome and should be watched by everyone, but someone like him.
You're in luck as you don't have to do that though. Here is the hypothetical...

...There is no large game on the island. There are snakes and rodents but no chickens or turkeys. There is fresh drinking water though.

It’s two fucking geeks arguing over Star Trek vs Star Wars.

That would at least be slightly more interesting.

They're arguing over the definition of drinkable water or some shit.

As the TS I usually hate this kinda shit in my threads but damn this is a pretty epic argument over water

You're absolutely right, of course.

I was really just bantering along to be a part of it.....

Except its not fact as I proved up thread. You are just too dumb to understand it.

It is quite possible to luck out and find fresh drinkable water on an island that you could survive on.

-------------------

Small tropical Islands - Water Resources. UNESCO Report

WHERE IS THE FRESH WATER ON SMALL ISLANDS?

Fresh water can occur naturally on small islands as surface water or as ground water. The type and quantity of fresh water on small islands is dictated by many factors, including those discussed in the last section, the size of the island and the amount and variability of rainfall. Even on Christmas Island, described at the left by Captain Cook, n o w called Kiritimati (Republic of Kiribati), fresh water is available, albeit in limited quantities. A population of about 2,500 no w live on this island which, strictly speaking, is in a drier part of the tropics— the central Pacific. The average annual rainfall occurring there is about 840 mm , compared to the higher rainfall experienced on most small tropical islands.

-----------------------

Fresh water springs in oceans: A hidden water resource

...Submarine groundwater springs are widespread, but easy to overlook...

...Often springs were used as a source for drinking water as for example in Bahrain in the Persian Gulf,...

...In island states with a shortage of water such as Tahiti or Fiji the population still relies on fresh water springs if the water supply breaks down...

... In the 1990s Florida even planned to tap submarine groundwater on large scale, as drinking water is running short in the city of Miami....

...Some people shipwrecked survived only because of sea submarine groundwater discharge – as the ZMT scientists call the springs. One example is the crew of the whaling ship Essex which moved Herman Melville to write his novel Moby Dick.

“Fresh water flowing out of the ocean has something magical and inspires people’s imagination”...

You seem too stupid to understand the definition you wrote or too ignorant to admit you're wrong.

Here's your definition:
Drinking water

Drinking water, also known as potable water, is water that is safe to drink or to use for food preparation.

Potable water is defined as:
Potable water is water that is considered safe to drink. It has been either treated, cleaned or filtered and meets your local established drinking water standards.

Exposed water sources can't ever be considered potable water sources, because it's exposed to ground water and animals shitting in it. Did you realize how all the articles wrote "fresh water" and not "fresh drinking water" retard?

That's what we're talking about. "Fresh drinking water" IE Potable water. Find me this "island" with a potable water source or STFU.

quatin said:

MikeMcMann said:
No its not.

That would at least be slightly more interesting.

They're arguing over the definition of drinkable water or some shit.

We're not really arguing anymore. I'm just getting kicks from prodding the sensitive retard and seeing the reaction. I didn't want to derail the thread, but I did offer to take it to PM.

There's a ton of material here too, I haven't even gotten to how he was going to build this tree house with just some rocks and sticks.

Something simple like this but just above ground level (since there are no animal threats) would be a great start.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd take the island over my regular life tbh. Not taxes, no one to tell me what to do and I like survivalist stuff so I know how to make stone tools and shit. No big game would be rough because you need big game to make clothes and you need those long sinews, but I live in Canada 10 degrees in winter is a joke to me.

Back