STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

So I thought the Capcom Cup tournament (actual matches) were great. There were some big upsets, it was great to see Zeku represented and I was happy for Itabashi making GFs. With that said, they should have ditched the pre-show performances. Del was absolutely horrendous and the breakdancing was a total time waster. They lost a significant amount of viewers this year compared to the previous years. I believe top viewer count peaked at 94k with previous years almost reaching 200k. I think you can make the argument that people weren’t interested in seeing the same characters in Top 8 that they have seen all year long, which is understandable. Also starting 2.5hrs later than scheduled lost a few viewers over in Europe and Asia.

The announcement was lack luster. Although I think the new E. Ryu looks great (move-set wise) it was weird not to see them show the whole S4 reveal. I guess they’re doing things differently this year and rumors are that SFV will be f2p. I wouldn’t be bugged by that if it helped increase the player base. There was no news on a netcode fix, new mechanics, new CA’s or even General Story Mode v2. Just Kage and Balance Notes.

IMO, they should have released a S4 road map. They didn’t have to show silhouettes or even the full S4 roster, just that they have a road map in place.

Cammy and Ken look to have received the biggest nerfs. The -4 on Ex- Tatsu is hilarious.

Ok, so it looks like the actual numbers for the finals were around 124k viewers. I’m assuming this is Twitch, YouTube and Facebook combined, but I could be wrong.

Yeah I don't get why Ken needed nerfs. Maybe they want all the Ken players to migrate. Cammy might have been hit pretty hard. With the reduced stun on her specials and the loss of +2 on block for cr. jab, her pressure is going to be a lot less scary. Characters with 3 frame buttons will be able to challenge her after standing light kick.

People who stick with her are going to have to land more whiff punishes and use delayed button presses to open people up. I wonder if we'll see more Sakura players as a result of a weaker Cammy; she got some buffs, but I don't know how big a deal they are. Some of her buttons are more plus on block, some have less startup, and her fireballs are better.

Last edited:
Ok, I may be going out on a limb here but here is what I think may or could happen for S4.

So looking on YouTube, A Shadows Fall run time is close to 2 hours. X-Kira has said Gen Story V2 is coming. A fun way to release characters could be to break up the Story Mode two into multiple parts giving the player a chance to test out the new character(s) in story mode before they buy them. Then, on the last episode, it can lead into the final season of SFV or USFV: AE.

So I thought the Capcom Cup tournament (actual matches) were great. There were some big upsets, it was great to see Zeku represented and I was happy for Itabashi making GFs. With that said, they should have ditched the pre-show performances. Del was absolutely horrendous and the breakdancing was a total time waster. They lost a significant amount of viewers this year compared to the previous years. I believe top viewer count peaked at 94k with previous years almost reaching 200k. I think you can make the argument that people weren’t interested in seeing the same characters in Top 8 that they have seen all year long, which is understandable. Also starting 2.5hrs later than scheduled lost a few viewers over in Europe and Asia.

The announcement was lack luster. Although I think the new E. Ryu looks great (move-set wise) it was weird not to see them show the whole S4 reveal. I guess they’re doing things differently this year and rumors are that SFV will be f2p. I wouldn’t be bugged by that if it helped increase the player base. There was no news on a netcode fix, new mechanics, new CA’s or even General Story Mode v2. Just Kage and Balance Notes.

IMO, they should have released a S4 road map. They didn’t have to show silhouettes or even the full S4 roster, just that they have a road map in place.

Cammy and Ken look to have received the biggest nerfs. The -4 on Ex- Tatsu is hilarious.

I dunno man, something about Abigail just makes me tune out. Did not care at all for the Finals/Grand Finals other than watching Rashid win.

I dunno man, something about Abigail just makes me tune out. Did not care at all for the Finals/Grand Finals other than watching Rashid win.

For sure, I was rooting for Itabashi more than Abigail. I just started playing Zeku in mid-October, so before that the only character I had that I mained that was represented was Tokido and Daigo in S1 with Ryu.

I hate Rashid. Watching someone constantly throw little hurricanes from kicks is lame as hell.

Ryu should have just been evolved to have this new character's move set most likely given he is now bland and trash. Ken has had a fight style/character evolution where he's RUSH Ken, but Ryu just stayed lame.

I'm sick of Menat. Hate the character design fighting someone who looks like they're throwing a bubble.

Abigail is ridiculous too. Should be sized down.

Sucks that Gief is a complete waste of a character now, being a distant bottom tier character. Give him his green hand and be done with it damn it.

Sakura is another lame character. Doesn't look like she could hurt anyone without kicking them in the nuts.

And Kolin's ultra long, low damage combos are snooze inducing.

And don't get me started on FANG and Falke. Two most annoying, idiotic characters.

And I can't stand how easy it is to anti air in the game. Having some character plucked out of the air by a jab or medium punch is pretty lame if you ask me.

And the Capcom guy who did the reveal at the end, sounds like a white person pretending to be Japanese person with a very bad accent.

i dont know what any of that meant, was it good or bad for blanka?
Bad, I think. Reduced stun and damage on a lot of moves and his vtrigger drains more quickly. His standing hard kick is a little bit better.

This happened to a lot of characters. They seem to be trying to make the game less volatile.

Bad, I think. Reduced stun and damage on a lot of moves and his vtrigger drains more quickly. His standing hard kick is a little bit better.

This happened to a lot of characters. They seem to be trying to make the game less volatile.
im gonna make their fucking face more volatile i dont want blanka nerfs

For sure, I was rooting for Itabashi more than Abigail. I just started playing Zeku in mid-October, so before that the only character I had that I mained that was represented was Tokido and Daigo in S1 with Ryu.

It sucks seeing him use Abigail over Zangief. Can't hate on Itabashi, though. Dude always looks like he's having a great time.

Seeing some new faces here. Y'all need to add me on CFN. My handle is Thndrhd27. That's Thunderhead27 without the vowels.

Honestly, Abigail can get fucked. His FA like moves are invincible and cheesy as hell.

im gonna make their fucking face more volatile i dont want blanka nerfs

Yea, but your VT1 is now two bars so you might be able to use it twice. You had a few frame changes and st.hk no longer CC's but overall you weren't hit that bad. Like Swing said, the nerfs were practically universal across the board. Did Blanka get a new move?

It sucks seeing him use Abigail over Zangief. Can't hate on Itabashi, though. Dude always looks like he's having a great time.

He honestly looks like he’s having the most fun playing the game. Even during casuals at SCR it looked like he was having a blast. As a side note, Abigail looks to have gotten nerfed.

He honestly looks like he’s having the most fun playing the game. Even during casuals at SCR it looked like he was having a blast. As a side note, Abigail looks to have gotten nerfed.
75 less stun is kind of big, and the system changes for armor make his come back factor towards the end of the round way less scary. I used to be scared to ex. dp his run because one time I tried that and he absorbed every hit (it might depend on the move, but Sagat dp does way more than 2 hits). Now at least if his health is low he'll die instead of being able to murder me on recovery.

Not sure how I feel about Sagat's buffs. Jab, Jab, St. Lk, dp is a combo now, but you have to start at point-blank range or even hp. Dp whiffs. Maybe it's okay with ex dp.

The reduced push back on tiger rush means you don't have to kara as often to land his dp ender for vt2 combos, but I figure it's still better just to kara and not risk the whiff.

I feel like he didn't change much, although the increased chip damage on fireballs could be nice. I throw a lot of fireballs against certain characters, so it might at up to 20+ extra chip damage. It's not great or anything, but I'm sure there will be rounds that I win because of it.

Last edited:
I thought this was hilarious

This is sad. I'll be done with buying Capcom games.

Just a step towards Guile having Mountain Dew tattooed on his arms or the Chili's pepper on Akuma's back. ....as well as other companies following suit once they see Capcom's new revenue stream.

Back