Strenght,running and other things

SirJoHny

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i go through this forum but i dont find specific answer on my questions. First of all i'm boxer and kickboxer and like everyone i want be best in my sport. For start i dont have any fight experience.

I have 6x a week skill training (3x boxing,3x K1),3x a week running (1x aerobic - LSD,1x threeshold, 1x ATP) and 2x a week strenght training.

I have more questions so :
1. I want add in some running day some leader drills for footwork.I want do i think some 3-4 drills for training. So my question is which day is good for this type of training ? Threeshold or ATP ? How much reps and sets is good ?

2. I heard when fight is coming then i must do more short runs with 1 min rest (rest in fights). Like 12-10 weeks - 800m-2000m (long rest) 6-10weeks 400m-800m (shorten rest) 2-4 weeks 200m-400m (short rest). Is this planning good ?

3. In running i use my HR zones. Aerobic 65-75% of MHR,Threeshold 80-90% of MHR, ATP max effort. Is type of training good?

4. Is better do just LSD run or LSD with sprints ?

5. When si good time for switch between strenght training phase and some more explosive phase. I want do in first phase (maybe) modified (for 2 days) KORTE training or modified Gleen Pendlay strenght routine. Can i add in first phase 1-2 exercises like (kettlebal swing,box jumps,olympic lifts,plyo push-ups...) ?

6. Can i add some condition training (5-10 minutes work) after strenght in 1.phase ? Like airbike intervals or rowing intervals ?

Thanks a lot :)

PS. Sorry for my language,but i'm from Europa and English isn't my birth language.

For number 1 and 2, I would strongly suggest working with some track runners/coaches to ease you into it. I'm a former middle distance/distance runner and I've noticed that the HIIT craze has a lot of newbs just showing up at a track and randomly doing sprints. If you do this, you are wasting your time and likely to get injured. FWIW 400m running is a very specialized effort.

I would strongly recommend working with speed/track coaches, starting shorter and relaxed, with strides to develop a comfortable stride and turnover before you start working on speed and sustain.

Go to your local college track and watch workouts for 400m and middle distance runners and you'll get an idea of the elements you need to do to develop a track workout that helps you with boxing/kick boxing.

Good luck and avoid injuries.

Back