Media Strickland doesn't think Navy Seals can last a week training with him; Navy Seal reacts

It's a 4chan troll post brother... That shit is older than Sean O'Malley... The idea was to post that when people act tough on the Internet to humiliate them.

"Navy Seal Copypasta"... Similar to "Shit Was So Cash".

"Gorilla Warfare" <45>
Oh LMAO

4Chan

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while

dumbest take here. "real combat" doesn't prepare you to stand with someone who picked apart Izzy for 5 rounds straight. you don't pull striking acuity out of your ass because you carried boats on the shoreline. a SEAL would get fucked up over a week, if they make it that long.

Sean is the only professional MMA fighter in the world? Other people don't survive professional mma training as well?

I assumed he’s referring to beating them up in sparing?

I've never seen a thread with more dumb takes coming from both sides. Y'all should stfu sometimes.
I just think, you know. There is an easy way to find out both arguments.

Have a Seal go train with Sean for a week, then have Sean go do some Seal training for a week.

Film it all, let us watch.

Then they can both be friends.

<Fedor23>

Sean would beat the fuck out of any Navy Seal EASILY in a fight, gym fight, MMA fight, street fight, any type of unarmed fight. How in the world is a navy seal going to break Sean's limb, do they have special Navy Seal jiu jitsu that a world champion in the UFC is not aware of? The only way a navy seal wins a fight against Sean is if they are armed.

Navy Seals have a 100 other things they need to learn other than fighting, Sean ONLY fights, who will win in a fight hmmm, Jesus it's one thing to actually believe what you just said, but another to have the balls to start calling people out like they're the crazy ones lol
kid, let me explain the "basic difference":
Sean fights within certain rules.
A soldier does not do "fair". He is not in a competition. He is trained to accomplish his objective. Simple as that. Different jobs.

While Sean is conditioned to use what "score more points" in a fight, a soldier is not concerned about how he looks or how fair whatever he is doing is.
So IF there would EVER be a fight,the soldier will surely be the ones to start. On his terms, like he is trained to do. (by the way, he will also not wait for any bell to ring.
Let me be clear: There is no competition since only one side would be "competing".The other side will plan, train and execute his mission.
It will simply be his job/his mission to use every advantage at his disposal.
This is not even a "right or wrong" type of case.
They are simply different realities, with different objectives/mindsets.
Just remember, Sean "Plays" Fighting.
The soldier trains everything and anything to maximize his advantages for the quickest/safest kill/threat elimination he can (If that is the objective).

I mean, do you REALLY think Sean brings ANY fear to these guys????
Think about it: Sean first agrees HOW MUCH MONEY is the minimum he is willing to put his body on the line. That is his motivation!
And only once "the punishment is worthy", he will "endure" the hardship of a training camp... this is a completely different mindset.....

Last edited:
My childhood best friend was a Ranger, and another one of our friends thought he was Superman. When he got back from Afghanistan years ago we were watching UFC fights and the other friend asked him why he doesn't get into MMA. Said something along the lines of "You'd smash all of these guys." my buddy just laughed an explained to him that the fight would only last as long as his opponent allowed it to last. They're trained to work as a team, and use all kinds of weapons and other tools. Tim Kennedy is a great example... Was still active duty, trained full time, and was still getting slept.

But maybe that's because he was forced to follow rules and not use his Special Forces Powers lol
Mainly this. you gave yourself a very good answer...
Soldiers do not use "rules". They do not do "fair".
Two completely different realities.

When you think about how many ppl survive MMA training on a weekly basis, compared to those surviving SEAL training, it's pretty clear which has the higher breaking bar.

I believe you could train ANY navy seal to make it through a week of training with Sean, even if it took years to train them to that level. I don't think you can train MOST MMA fighters, including a psycho like Strickland, to survive a week of Seal training. Most would wash out due to injury, etc..

Reading Goggins' book where you read about him running for 10s of miles with a knee the size of a grapefruit, after barely being able to stand up initially.... MMA guys don't generally have that kind of resolve. They respect injury and limits waaaaaay more than Seals do and it makes sense. One is paying for a gym membership to hopefully be great, and one is trying to survive with his life and his buddies' lives. The stakes, and the mindset that aims for them and that overcomes them, is very different than the mindstate of most MMA athletes.

That said, that seal would prob never become MW champ of the world due to lack of specific skills and the time to learn them, so Sean can pride himself in his learning and ability. But when it comes to sheer grit? He's not out-gritting a seal. Goggins did pull ups until his palms were half ripped off of his hand (google the pics). MMA fighters are NOT DOING THAT, lol. They know when to stop. Seals may not know when to stop because when you're facing life and death, not knowing when to stop might be a useful skill, unlike when you're fighting for a prize.
Navy Seal is the new Shaolin Monk.

These guys are just human beings and probably much less tough than a MMA world champion on average.

What he means by training his him going all out on people that arent skilled mma fighters. When he runs into one himself, he hides behind his jab for 5 rounds and does his best floyd mayweather impression to win shitty decisions. Typical bully mentality constantly yelling about how tough he is.

The whole seals are badasses kind of loses its shine when you remember how “badass” they where in Operation Gothic Serpent.

If he's talking breaking them with his regular conditioning training then it's not true. If by training he means sparring with them and beating the crap out of them, then yea he probably would break most of them. But he's a professional fighter. He's supposed to be able to do that

no SEAL would last a week training MMA with Sean Strickland. Just because you can carry boats in ocean water, swim, and run a lot, that doesn't actually equate to high level striking, sparring, wrestling, bjj. Lol. In what world does a navy seal show up to train with the guy who beat Izzy for five rounds straight, even last on the feet for more than 3 minutes? fight training is totally different, doing it at the highest levels is totally different, and in no way is sean strickland wrong. No SEAL, most MMA fighters wouldn't be able to last. Their not just going to pull striking acuity out of their ass just because they carried a boat in cold ocean water. Shit makes no sense.

Lol. MMA fighters don't train unsustainably. They don't beat each other's face in day by day (except maybe at Chute Box lol).

Yes, Sean would easily TKO a Navy Seal in a real fight. No, a SEAL would not be struggling through a fight camp. They would be behind the curve in terms of skill but they would be able to deal with the endurance/mental aspect without issue.

An MMA training camp isn't designed to "weed out the weak", unlike a SEAL boot camp.

Dumb commentary yet again. Pro athletes train really hard but get a lot of rest and if they're doing it right have great nutrition. While they will train really hard, they do everything to minimize injuries, the opposite of just the selection process for special operations guys. With SEAL training, again, just training, they have to swim miles in the ocean in cold water (where they're monitored for hypothermia), and once they get to the teams, I'm pretty sure some amount of them die and get severely injured every year, again, just in training, never mind if they actually see combat. I'm pretty sure two SEALs just died trying to do a boat/ship interdiction in extremely fucked up waters. They weren't even shot - just the conditions they operated in took them out.

The "fighting for your freedom" shit is corny (and I'd argue in the modern age most of the actual people responsible for the security of the country sit behind computer screens, work in subs or fly jets/planes, but I digress) but otherwise the SEAL is correct. And plenty of excellent athletes wash out of special operations training.

If Sean means they wouldn't last through sparring with him, then uh, okay? It would behoove someone, regardless of tenacity, to not intentionally suffer a bunch of concussions for no reason.

All this to say, what a silly goose.
the worst sean faced is a metrosexual fruitcake who likes anime too much. Meanwhile Seal kill or are killed by very well trained Groups like Taliban who are willing to fight to the death. most servicemen in Iraq called it a piece of cake while a serviceman described Afghanistan as death at every corner. E.g Operation RedWings give you an idea of the level of opposition the Seals face. meanwhile sean would die in the first ambush.

Sean didn't say he's a better swimmer, or can run for longer. WTF point are you trying to make? While we're at it maybe they can play some basketball, fire up some Madden. Let's really get off topic and just see who can win the most random activities.
strickland said that hed make navy seals quit

fun fact mma fighters also train for endurance stamina etc
not just sparring

so obviously they can train and lets all see who quits right?

if u really want destruction
the navy seal can bring his sniper gun

No, a SEAL would not be struggling through a fight camp. They would be behind the curve in terms of skill
LOL. Yea, the people who can carry the boats would no fucking shit be way behind the curve in all departments of MMA. in no world would they last a week, maybe 2 days before the stand up skills that demolished Izzy, would demolish them as well. that is a hilarious take brotha

sean sounds like an insecure little boy trying to act tough

it's pathetic

they are different professions.

That seal was HIGHLY triggered, broaching the subjet of body counts and taking lives. IMO Sean was excersizing his right to be a free thinker, to question the military industrial complex... which - and correct me if im wrong - is... what... our soldiers. fight. for.
Fight for freedom, they do! and they fight to secure resources so the elites can profit off of our rampant consumerism.

Back