Media Strickland issues statement after loss - Mentions headbutt

Seemed like Sean was in cruise control all night... if he would have used some killer instinct he would have won the fight , no doubt...
You don’t watch a lot of Sean Strickland fights do you lol he fights the same in literally every fight, DDP just knew that Sean has zero game on the back foot.

It was a close fight, but I think ddp barely snuck out the win. Sean could have won if he would have put the pedal down more in the middle rounds like he did in round 5. I gave Sean rounds 1 and 5. He kind of coasted a bit in mid rounds.

YEEEEAH RIGHT ...

{<jordan} <YeahOKJen>

DDP's eye was fucked in round 2.
No matter what strickland checked,
DDP continued to throw kicks.

Unlike Sean ... who forgot how to teep (& talk shit),
so he blames a late headbutt ...
for backpedalling 3 rounds straight.

nice haymaker goof

Last edited:
Seemed like Sean was in cruise control all night... if he would have used some killer instinct he would have won the fight , no doubt...

Sean's gift/curse is that he can fight comfortably at his pace for 5 rounds. Excellent defense, solid jab, solid front kick and a decent 1-2. That is his whole game and he doesn't really change it based on who he's fighting. It looks like hard sparring and its in a really specific rhythm.

When he picked up the pace nearing the end of round 5, he was getting out of position. If he fought DDP like that when they were both fresh, he probably gets knocked out.

He'll beat unranked guys like the two he fought before Izzy and win, but he'll have a lot of split stinkers like Cannonier and Driccus against named opponents.

Agreed, and he would've also made it worth paying money for.

As it was, it was a sparring match, IMO.

Sean's gift/curse is that he can fight comfortably at his pace for 5 rounds. Excellent defense, solid jab, solid front kick and a decent 1-2. That is his whole game and he doesn't really change it based on who he's fighting. It looks like hard sparring and its in a really specific rhythm.

When he picked up the pace nearing the end of round 5, he was getting out of position. If he fought DDP like that when they were both fresh, he probably gets knocked out.

He'll beat unranked guys like the two he fought before Izzy and win, but he'll have a lot of split stinkers like Cannonier and Driccus against named opponents.

Not to mention, both of them would get obliterated by Pereira.

Both looked amateurish, quite frankly.

He was also give more positive take with regard to the (still) growing sport of Power Slap.

Still the People's Champ and this was my sentiment nearly exactly.

couldve been, id wait to see clear footage first though ....

ddp fights like a wild horse and both looked very sloppy by the 5th round, i hate when they windmill the whole time

cro cop would be ashamed

or he would've gotten KO'd. DDP was throwing heat the entire fight, that's why Sean didn't come forward.

His BKFC career will be more interesting.

Sean didn’t win that fight, but it was close. There is no doh t about that. Ddp didn’t blow him out of the water. It was close and quite frankly could have gone either way. I thought prior to fight if you told me it would go 5 rounds Strickland would win. Just thought bis gas tank would be better. Ddp proved he has a gas tank.

That was a shit fight. WMMA levels bad.

If the rematch came on TV for free, I would call my cable provider and pay them $60 to not air it.

Sean won the fight and it was damn clear. I had him winning 1, 2, and 5.

DDP looked awful. All he did was get beat up while swinging away like an idiot and hitting air. Strickland didn't just beat him, he exposed him. He showed everyone that Dricus is a one dimensional brawler who can only beat you if you stand still in front of him and let him hit you. He had a terrific fourth round but one great round does not winning fight make.

You shouldn't win by fighting like a chump

Lmfao, only for straight up panies. Like the only men who would complain about him aren't actually men. Just beta cuck boys.
dear god you sound like a fool using words like beta lol seek help dude

First round - Strickland popped him with jab repeatedly. Opened up cuts on DDP. Checked kicks. Got taken down, but it meant NOTHING as he immediately got back up. DDP looked FOOLISH swinging wildly. EASY round to score.

2nd round - Harder to score. DDP once again swung heavily and missed a lot, but he did graze Sean and cut his eye. Sean once again peppered him with the jab and checked kicks. The takedown was meaningless to me as he once again did nothing with it. I call the round EVEN. You simply can't swing like an animal and miss so badly time and time again and get rewarded for optical illusion.

3rd round - Sean's defense was once again beautiful. Leaning back. Checking kicks. Peppering that jab. DDP looked FOOLISH throwing everything into shots and missing BADLY. Sean caught him with a big shot to end the round. Sean wins the round. DDP's face looks TERRIBLE.

Round 4 - Goes to DDP. Big shots. Cut Sean. Couple takedowns. Impressive forward pressing pace and FINALLY started landing significantly.

Round 5 - CLEAR for Sean. He landed the 1-2 heavy and often. He should've thrown that right hand all fight.

I am DONE with the UFC.
By you're recap you'd have people believe Du Plessis didn't land a single strike.

when you squeek in an excuse between the laughter

every Strickland fight ever pretty much

he's content to just pump his jab out there and avoid strikes coming back his way

He acts like he wants to fight to the death on twitter but most of the time he's in there he just wants to point fight.

I'm glad we have the Great African Chad as the new MW king.

Back