Striking training during lockdown

Wow that is pretty nice I am more than a bit jelly
As a boxing hobbiest I would go for a tear drop or more traditional heavy bag.
With all that room you should string up a double end bag

And my clinch bag

Attachments

• Clinch Bag~1.jpg
    Clinch Bag~1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 2
Broke both forearms on a steel post, a week and a half ago, and nearly got stabbed last night. It was the first time I have had a knife pulled on me. Been getting heaps of practice. If it keeps going at this rate, I will be sword fighting by next week.

I do think this situation can be a possibility to broaden our horizons especially with footwork drills and shadow boxing. I am talking about recreational training were most love to cut these drills short.

Well and there is the great possibility to build up your gas tank.

Not only go running but think it through what you train while running. I do prefer polarised training approach but there are several legit ways. In short do very slow long runs for aerobic cardio and then short anaerobic high power runs / intervalls to boost anaerobic tolerance. You want more upper body involvement go trail running with poles.

Sure you should not live in a city for that. ;)

Broke both forearms on a steel post, a week and a half ago, and nearly got stabbed last night. It was the first time I have had a knife pulled on me. Been getting heaps of practice. If it keeps going at this rate, I will be sword fighting by next week.

:eek: Were do you live? In a favela in Rio de Janeiro?

I do think this situation can be a possibility to broaden our horizons especially with footwork drills and shadow boxing. I am talking about recreational training were most love to cut these drills short.

Well and there is the great possibility to build up your gas tank.

Not only go running but think it through what you train while running. I do prefer polarised training approach but there are several legit ways. In short do very slow long runs for aerobic cardio and then short anaerobic high power runs / intervalls to boost anaerobic tolerance. You want more upper body involvement go trail running with poles.

Sure you should not live in a city for that. ;)

:eek: Were do you live? In a favela in Rio de Janeiro?
Small country town in Queensland, Australia... The elbows on the steel post is because I'm an idiot, the knife was because someone else was.

dont complain tbh u can do tons shit by yourself as a striker lol grapplers are fucked..

as long as u are good have good fundamentals just shadow box work thebag get a double end bag i only need someone else for mitts or sparring but u can perfect your craft movement by yourself as long as u are already a skilled guy

hope i din't miss someone else posting these

The whole situation sucks, but I'd say the main issue is getting partners amid this lockdown, not really getting pads. I've made a heavybag years ago (2008) by stuffing old clothes in an old hockey duffel bag, holds up pretty well.

Been thinking about making a sparbar out of PVC pipes

I’m doing kata-like training like when I used to do TKD.
Also shadow-boxing.

The whole situation sucks, but I'd say the main issue is getting partners amid this lockdown, not really getting pads. I've made a heavybag years ago (2008) by stuffing old clothes in an old hockey duffel bag, holds up pretty well.

Been thinking about making a sparbar out of PVC pipes
the homemade double end bag is for people that can't find a partner because it doesn't need a partner.

the other video is assuming you have someone living with you, that you can convince/wrangle into helping you like an SO or teenage child or similarly aged roommate.

the homemade double end bag is for people that can't find a partner because it doesn't need a partner.

the other video is assuming you have someone living with you, that you can convince/wrangle into helping you like an SO or teenage child or similarly aged roommate.
The double end bag video was good. I should've clarified I meant the first one.

My gf doesn't train or really do anything athletic so getting her to hold pads is going to be an issue; There was a thread made by SamuraiSprit having that issue. So far I just work my BJJ on her in the fun place.

The double end bag video was good. I should've clarified I meant the first one.

My gf doesn't train or really do anything athletic so getting her to hold pads is going to be an issue; There was a thread made by SamuraiSprit having that issue. So far I just work my BJJ on her in the fun place.
use his tip. tell her holding pads will tone up those shoulders and make them nice and sexy lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back