Social Student gets suspended for saying "illegal aliens" in class after hearing it from the News

I find it funny that absent video or audio of the "incident" some posters believe this kid was surely clowning or trying to be inflammatory. Sure, maybe that's the case. But, making that the default reason and labeling the kid as acting in bad faith seems premature and prejudiced.

Same way of thinking concerning the Australian stabbing suspect who most assuredly must have been of a certain demographic and acting upon religious ideology up until those same type of closed-minded posters found out they were wrong.

We don't need teachers pushing students to compete in "Oppression Olympics" nor do we need them policing free speech concerning words and terms in the dictionary. It's sad that in 2024 we're treating children differently based upon race or ethnicity.

Last edited:
FwgiOwFWwAYi8a7

It will go up, thanks to your orange rapist.

The bill itself was fundamentally sound. The sole, and rightfully addressed problem with it is the fact that the provisions for individuals expire in 2025. That, coinciding with everything else going on could be a bomb.

Sincere question, do you know if/when INS actually stopped using the terminology "alien" on documents?

It was still on the INS card in the 80s for sure.

On a different note, I think it's a strong possibility that the kid was suspended for some wildly racist stuff and his parents are trying to get in front of the narrative by making a him look like a victim to the local media and claiming it was only about the phrase "illegal alien".

It changed in the 90s. Pretty sure Clinton tried to phase it out of the lexicon with the govt but it wasn’t until social media police were able to hammer that into the heads of young teachers.

I almost got my oldest son kicked out of first grade because teacher told him to sit “cross cross applesauce” and he said “you mean Indian style” and the teacher said it was offensive and racist to say that. So we had a discussion where I was upset she said my 7 year old was a racist because he said Indian style, which is what I’ve said my entire 46 years. Voices were raised. On the ride home, I told my son if he ever said criss cross applesauce in front of, I would smack him in the mouth and I told him if he ever become woke, I would disown him and feed him to pigs.

Nah, that didn’t really happen. But I was corrected when he was in daycare and he showed me how he likes to sit and I said “Indian style” and the teacher said they prefer the other way. I rolled my eyes but went with it because it’s so stupid to get offended about either way.

Interestingly enough, they don’t actually know the true etiology of the term Indian style. Whether it was the way Hindus sit when in prayer or how native Americans were depicted in movies as always sitting on the ground in the 50-60s.

Oh, no! His record?!

What will he ever do lmao.

Also, this warrants more of a "shut up you little shit" from the teacher as opposed to a suspension

Where I went to HS a large portion of the teachers and administrators were awful people. They would cover up each other abusing students, etc.
They thought that because they were "untouchable on school property" that somehow that carried over into the real world.

A few teachers and admins found out real quick that their actions have consequences, even if it was only from some kids and not the law.

Guaranteed the reporting would be more accurate and less biased.

They would, however, use a lot of words you probably wouldn't understand.

lol… 30 years ago maybe

Now?

“White supremacist colonizer suspended after taunting undocumented Latine asylum seekers”

Too bad the dude wasn’t wearing a dress and sexually assaulting white females in the girls bathroom…

The school would have helped cover it up and called the police on the victims parents when they showed up to complain

lol

Doublespeak, Orwellian term.

Reading cliff notes for Orwell's 1984 opens eyes for many.

More Doublespeak.
How so?

lol… 30 years ago maybe

Now?

“White supremacist colonizer suspended after taunting undocumented Latine asylum seekers”

Too bad the dude wasn’t wearing a dress and sexually assaulting white females in the girls bathroom…

The school would have helped cover it up and called the police on the victims parents when they showed up to complain

lol

No, now.

Their reporting is really solid, but because they don't push thin stories that are pure conservative propaganda, you call them biased.

They used to be considered conservative propaganda, but that wasn't really true. They just mirrored whatever story the White House wanted, and that was support for the war. That wasn't conservative, that was everyone.

Conservatives don't like NPR because they don't publish bullshit conservative stories like the lab leak or Hunter's laptop. If you had any understanding of journalism you'd appreciate those aren't responsible, substantiated stories. Even now when someone publishes that a leak is "possible" conservatives claim that's a confirmation it happened.

If you want to insist they're biased, provide a few examples of biased stories they've published and make sure those stories are false. Your best bet would be a Rittenhouse story, a lot of the media got that wrong. I doubt they did but it's definitely possible, especially if their staff is predominantly liberal.

No, now.

Their reporting is really solid, but because they don't push thin stories that are pure conservative propaganda, you call them biased.

They used to be considered conservative propaganda, but that wasn't really true. They just mirrored whatever story the White House wanted, and that was support for the war. That wasn't conservative, that was everyone.

Conservatives don't like NPR because they don't publish bullshit conservative stories like the lab leak or Hunter's laptop. If you had any understanding of journalism you'd appreciate those aren't responsible, substantiated stories. Even now when someone publishes that a leak is "possible" conservatives claim that's a confirmation it happened.

If you want to insist they're biased, provide a few examples of biased stories they've published and make sure those stories are false. Your best bet would be a Rittenhouse story, a lot of the media got that wrong. I doubt they did but it's definitely possible, especially if their staff is predominantly liberal.
Defund The Media...100 percent. I had a Defund the Media Hoodie on and some dude built like a Tampon told me "I'm Racist".....How in the fuck is that racist? Plus the Lab Leak and Hunters Laptop weren't Bullshit...you Muppet.

Its now "undocumented immigrants" as it should be.
I think the use of “illegal” and “illegal aliens” to refer to undocumented immigrants is dehumanizing and vile but you do you.
I married a Mexican bud and have mexican inlaws from Tampico. A close friend has a husband here illegally. Where do you live? I dont know anyone that uses "illegal aliens". Mostly it is illegal immigrants which is why I'm fine with leaving out aliens. Its become obsolete. But overall your preference to call them something doesnt mean that the terms used are offensive by use as they are still part of our dictionary terms for someone entering a country without permission.

Defund The Media...100 percent. I had a Defund the Media Hoodie on and some dude built like a Tampon told me "I'm Racist".....How in the fuck is that racist? Plus the Lab Leak and Hunters Laptop weren't Bullshit...you Muppet.

Lab leak is completely unsubstantiated, therefore a bullshit story. Is it possible or even likely? Sure, but that isn't the same thing or what conservatives are saying.

Hunter's laptop would have been a "mention it once" story because it doesn't hold any importance. The circumstances behind it being entered into the public eye are ridiculous and illegal and there's no chain of custody. Conservatives have so little on Biden they need to pretend it represents more than it does. They refused to have Hunter testify because that would have prevented them from selective edits to prove points that aren't real.

I don't know what the answer is for the media. I was studying journalism in the nineties and my professors told me it was a dying profession, and they were completely correct. I listened to them and went in a different direction, but I still have an infinitely better understanding of journalistic integrity than you do.

Information travels at light speed these days but the truth usually takes weeks to catch up, and it isn't covered nearly as much. Misinformation spreads like wildfire in a democracy, and conservatives love throwing gasoline on that fire.

The other kid should’ve been suspended for threatening a real American for putting a word in its proper context. They are there to learn after all. Possibly deported if an illegal alien.

The other kid should’ve been suspended for threatening a real American for putting a word in its proper context. They are there to learn after all. Possibly deported if an illegal alien.
Illegal Alien is exactly what the Invaders are...I can't see the issue at all.

Im not from.US so I don't get why they use the same word for immigrants, and space creatures (like the film)

Even Sting use the term ' Im an ilegal alien ' in his song Englishman In NY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back