Student Will Carry Mattress To Classes Until Her Rapist Is Expelled

Ok, I find it strange that this has evoked such lengthy responses. As a semi normal human I do not have the energy and time to read through all of these pages, but who says that she is justified and doing the right thing and that the university is in the wrong and who says she is in the wrong?

You can read what modern women's rights activists say on the subject here: http://jezebel.com/columbia-student-will-carry-her-mattress-until-her-rapi-1629625177

The general consensus is that she should receive a nice 25-life sentence (no possibility for parole) for her false accusations in order to deter future false accusers.

Yup. I'm sure when a woman get sexually assaulted she checks Sherdog comments to decide whether or not she want's to press charges.

Or you really this slow? Your posting suggests yes.
Obviously I'm talking about the general attitudes and that they're likely at least somewhat representative.

It's funny, we have a lot of posters in this forum that frequently praise people that use deadly force in defense of their property (not well being, property). We also have lots of posters that talk about how Criminal X should be brutally tortured and executed for Crime X. We have lots of people that talk about how they would torture, kill, etc. people that victimized them or their family.

Here many of the same people are crying about a purported victim simply telling people she was victimized. I guess if she'd shot the dude it would be fine, she just shouldn't talk about it.

If she'd shot him she'd have prove her rape allegation in her defense; I'd imagine her "screaming for him to stop" in the dorm room would cover that - oh that's right no one in a college dorm came to check on the girl "screaming" stop.

The problem here is that she waited 8 months to decide it was rape and even then only after she talked to the ex and found out that he degraded her sexually as well - evidently the ex like it or she wouldn't have stayed with him for so long.

Btw, the ex also decided that she had been raped after this conversation so forgive me for seeing collusion among these 2 girls.

I'm entirely sure that she was raped. It's not uncommon. I never knew anyone who'd been raped or raped someone until I came to college. But she waited 8 months to report it, and she reported it to the damn school instead of the police. What the fuck did she expect?

I'm entirely sure that she was raped.
What convinced you? All she has is the accusation itself, if that's all it takes to convince you he's guilty I hope you're never on a jury where I might be the accused.
It's not uncommon.
What ratio do you consider to be common? College aged women are statistically the most likely to be raped, but it doesn't mean it's a common occurrence at all. College aged women are also, by far, the most likely to make a false accusation of rape.
I never knew anyone who'd been raped or raped someone until I came to college. But she waited 8 months to report it, and she reported it to the damn school instead of the police. What the fuck did she expect?
Let's be honest, you never went to a university... Did you?

The general consensus is that she should receive a nice 25-life sentence (no possibility for parole) for her false accusations in order to deter future false accusers.

I'm sure there's some shit-water village in Afghanistan where she would be sentenced to a gang raping for the crime of false accusation. I bet that makes guys like you salivate. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's some shit-water village in Afghanistan where she would be sentenced to a gang raping for the crime of false accusation. I bet that makes guys like you salivate. :rolleyes:

Even coming forward with a true accusation would be enough to get her "Honor killed" over there. Nothing is as insulting to a mans honor than having an unclean daughter, how dare she make a poor innocent man rape her...

They are the pinnacle of civilization over there and obviously or betters, we'd be wise to follow their lead.

What convinced you? All she has is the accusation itself, if that's all it takes to convince you he's guilty I hope you're never on a jury where I might be the accused. What ratio do you consider to be common? College aged women are statistically the most likely to be raped, but it doesn't mean it's a common occurrence at all. College aged women are also, by far, the most likely to make a false accusation of rape. Let's be honest, you never went to a university... Did you?

1) If she were falsely accusing somebody, you really think she'd be carrying around a mattress everywhere? That shit can be cumbersome.

2) You want me to give you a ratio? I don't know, fuckin 10:1? 50:1? 3:1? All I know is sometime last year, I started meeting people who had either raped someone or had been raped by someone. It's no longer something that's outside of my bubble of consciousness, so to speak.

3) You want to see my transcript? I've got 30 credit hours and a 3.1 GPA. Not the best, but hey, enough to be rolling in scholarship doubloons.

I'm entirely sure that she was raped. It's not uncommon. I never knew anyone who'd been raped or raped someone until I came to college. But she waited 8 months to report it, and she reported it to the damn school instead of the police. What the fuck did she expect?

You are entirely sure she was raped? While also acknowledging she waited 6 months and also reported it to college and not police?

Please stay away from any law enforcement or teaching positions. And kids.

1) If she were falsely accusing somebody, you really think she'd be carrying around a mattress everywhere? That shit can be cumbersome.

2) You want me to give you a ratio? I don't know, fuckin 10:1? 50:1? 3:1? All I know is sometime last year, I started meeting people who had either raped someone or had been raped by someone. It's no longer something that's outside of my bubble of consciousness, so to speak.

3) You want to see my transcript? I've got 30 credit hours and a 3.1 GPA. Not the best, but hey, enough to be rolling in scholarship doubloons.

are you aware at all that many girls have rape fantasies and lie about being raped rendering any college stats useless? Rape occurs and it's horrible but it's not socially acceptable among men and it doesn't occur half as much as the college culture will tell you.

All I know is sometime last year, I started meeting people who had either raped someone or had been raped by someone. It's no longer something that's outside of my bubble of consciousness, so to speak.

Rapes werent real common and talked about through your many years of experience and diverse interactions before that huh? Odd, most high schools are so broad in their life experiences.

I feel like someone else should do a performance about not sleeping around with people you just meet.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you but RAPE is when women say no but the guy takes it anyways. Thus, the women tries not to sleep with the person. Smh

More has come out of this mattress stunt:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/columbia-mattress-emma-sulkowicz_n_5811030.html

Roughly a dozen mattresses were laid out on Columbia's campus Friday. Some of them had red tape on them reading, "Stand With Survivors," "Carry That Weight" and "CU Has A Rape Problem." Students stood behind a wall of mattresses, displaying signs protesting the university. About 50 survivors spoke during the Friday afternoon event, attendees told The Huffington Post, including more than a dozen who told their stories for the first time.

BxWFxOdIYAEeKz2.jpg

I can't believe I have to explain this to you but RAPE is when women say no but the guy takes it anyways. Thus, the women tries not to sleep with the person. Smh

I can't believe(well yes I can) that I have to explain that that is not the definition of rape. Rape is when anyone is forcibly sexed without consent. Not just women.

I hope they all get expelled while having mountains of debt. Seems like everyone who attended the rally was a feminist major- which means society won't miss them one bit.

a feminist major- which means society won't miss them one bit.

How is that even a thing you can study at a reputable school? What kind of job can you get? Professional complainer?

Back