Social Students walk out of Utah middle school to protest ‘furries’

With the unbelievable increase in kids now identifying as an alphabet crew member, it’s not unlikely for this to be the case. Unless they believe all the kids who do are just localized in LA or NYC, and Utah magically was passed by.
I don't believe there's a hundred but the low number was five. I'm guessing there's 15 or 20 but loosely identify as it and maybe just a few who strongly do.

But this is the internet age and culture in the states is no longer only defined by geography and anyone who still thinks it is is living in the past.

Personally, I see furries often at Starbucks when I'm getting coffee they wear little cat whiskers and cat ears and things and I think it's neat. I don't really care. They're not the customers, they're the employees.

I've got family and friends in Utah and you guys are just absolute idiots if you think it's backwards in the way you're thinking.... How uneducated are you guys to really think that freaking Utah doesn't have gay people furries and trans people?

lol.

This isnt merely having gay people and furries, this is a hysteria event.

It's unlikely to be Christians in this case. It's almost certainly mostly Mormons.

I have no doubt there's at least five furries which is the low number the kids gave. They said 5 to 100. I highly doubt there's anywhere close to 100 furries lol.

I absolutely am sure and certain that all of the behaviors the people accuse furries of doing, scratching, barking, spraying air freshener, etc. absolutely have happened in the school at least once.

Im sure the accusing group is leaving out their own probably despicable behavior towards the furries and the fact that there's actually a beef where both sides are at fault. I'm sure that if the furries are interviewed, we will find that the accusing group teases taunts picks on them and mocks them and that there's rivalry between the groups.

Like a furry vs non-furry turf war?

Students walk out of Utah middle school to protest ‘furries’​

Several students and adults participated in an hours-long walkout from Utah’s Mt. Nebo Middle School on Wednesday.

The reason for the protest? Furries.

A petition was started online on Sunday with an initial target of 500 signatures — a number of signatures that was reached by Wednesday, prompting the goal to increase to 1,000 signatures.

The description for the petition says that the administration of the school should more strictly enforce the district’s dress code. Specifically, supporters of the petition are trying to get stronger enforcement for the following section of the dress code:

Jewelry, accessories, tattoos, hair, facial hair, and other elements of a student’s appearance that draw undue attention, distract, disrupt, or otherwise interfere with the learning atmosphere at school or at school activities and events, or that create a health, safety, or welfare issue are prohibited.

Section 3.1.8 of “Student Dress and Appearance Standards,” Nebo School District

Students who walked out expressed some of their grievances, even calling for the expulsion and banning of the furries. When Bartholomew asked if their parents knew they were out protesting, the students answered with a resounding “yes.”

Several children can be seen holding signs reading, “Compelled speech is not free speech.” Another was holding a sign that said “I will not comply,” and another sign said “We just wanted to learn.”

The students said there are attacks from the furries every day, but were unsure of how many furries there actually are at the school, shouting out numbers ranging from five to 100 students who identify as such.

The school’s “furry” population is accused of biting, scratching, spraying air freshener on, barking at and chasing other students.

This is a strange story and the school has a dress code. Students are not supportive of people acting like animals which is very understandable.

Apparently there is cat litter in the bathrooms. That is disgusting and a health hazard.

Children behaving like animals are not furries. Furries are adults who identify as animals and wear animal costumes.

I don't believe there's a hundred but the low number was five. I'm guessing there's 15 or 20 but loosely identify as it and maybe just a few who strongly do.

But this is the internet age and culture in the states is no longer only defined by geography and anyone who still thinks it is is living in the past.

Personally, I see furries often at Starbucks when I'm getting coffee they wear little cat whiskers and cat ears and things and I think it's neat. I don't really care. They're not the customers, they're the employees.
Yes, I agree. There is almost zero percent chance that there are 100.

I have three sons, and the amount of "unique" friends they have is quite unbelievable. Good kids, but how there are so many of them now is beyond me.

I’m going to wait for more info on this one. First thought it sounds like another bullshit news story. Did anyone read it? Kids are biting, scratching and spraying stuff on students? I don’t know man, that cat litter box was bs too. Have my doubts

Yes, I agree. There is almost zero percent chance that there are 100.

I have three sons, and the amount of "unique" friends they have is quite unbelievable. Good kids, but how there are so many of them now is beyond me.

It's getting extremely common. I mean I live in a decently sized city and I see transgender people all the time.. very often and I also see furries and I guess I can say I've only seen furries at Starbucks but they are employees not people who are patrons. I mean it's just like cat ears and whiskers drown on their face. It doesn't bother me but it's happening and it is there.

I've got a friend who's a school teacher in a Waldorf school, so I know that it does attract a more liberal crowd, but half of her class last year identified as something.

I shared that and my fellow lefties here on the dog thought I was lying which is just amazing to me.

I also happen to know a few people who attend that school who have kids who attend that school anyway and both of their daughters went through a phase where they were trans or gay and although it did wear off, it was clearly due to peer pressure.

The notion that you can change your identity is a social contagion, or if that language bothers somebody then it's a fad.

I’m going to wait for more info on this one. First thought it sounds like another bullshit news story. Did anyone read it? Kids are biting, scratching and spraying stuff on students? I don’t know man, that cat litter box was bs too. Have my doubts

i was almost sold until the last part about the cat litterbox in the bathrooms. this seems like just another rehash of a previous "story" that turned out to be 100% genuine bullshit.

It's getting extremely common. I mean I live in a decently sized city and I see transgender people all the time.. very often and I also see furries and I guess I can say I've only seen furries at Starbucks but they are employees not people who are patrons. I mean it's just like cat ears and whiskers drown on their face. It doesn't bother me but it's happening and it is there.

I've got a friend who's a school teacher in a Waldorf school, so I know that it does attract a more liberal crowd, but half of her class last year identified as something.

I shared that and my fellow lefties here on the dog thought I was lying which is just amazing to me.

I also happen to know a few people who attend that school who have kids who attend that school anyway and both of their daughters went through a phase where they were trans or gay and although it did wear off, it was clearly due to peer pressure.

The notion that you can change your identity is a social contagion, or if that language bothers somebody then it's a fad.
I believe it. I'm in an extremely mixed city and they are everywhere here. In the more redneck areas, the Latin ones, and in the "hood". Everywhere. And this is not a huge liberal area.

Frankly, I don't care all too much. They never bother me, so do your thing. Just a little weird how the numbers just exploded in the last 20 years.

If these are private schools, they can probably enforce their dress code. If they are public school, they can probably fuck offf and not worry about if A kid wears a furry tail.

Besides, in the future we have mogs. Half man, half dog. They are their own best friend.

Furries are so degenerate that a hotel called others to not to host furry events.

Last edited:
I believe it. I'm in an extremely mixed city and they are everywhere here. In the more redneck areas, the Latin ones, and in the "hood". Everywhere. And this is not a huge liberal area.

Frankly, I don't care all too much. They never bother me, so do your thing. Just a little weird how the numbers just exploded in the last 20 years.
I don't care very much either, especially with the furries which I think are usually girls and they usually look really cute like it's halloween all the time and I think it's kind of fun.

But the numbers are exploding and there's no way social contagion is not a major part of why it's happening.

But this story certainly has two sides to it. I'm sure everything they said about the furries is true except the hundred estimation on the numbers, but I'm guessing on the other side there's tons of teasing and mocking going on too and nobody's a little innocent angel here.

Let’s assume this is true. What was done to these furries to get them to respond like that?

i was almost sold until the last part about the cat litterbox in the bathrooms. this seems like just another rehash of a previous "story" that turned out to be 100% genuine bullshit.

I'm 80% sure that was included as a joke.

I remember being part of a walkout in highschool and the cause was 100% bullshit.

Me and most of the people there were just using it as excuse to skip. We hung out on the football field for an hour getting scolded by administration and then were ordered off school grounds by the police.

The high school was right next to the state line and the police were hemming us in so we started walking down the road towards the state line. Beautiful spring day, crossed into the next state where the local cops couldn't follow and went to the nearest park where everyone hung out, smoked, and played frisbee.

But now I do have kids in school and there are some furry kids who wear ears and a tail and act out to draw attention to themselves by hissing and roleplaying. But to be real it seems like it's less than 10% of the kids. And my kids think those kids suck and are "the worst".

I also remember that when I was in highschool we had a few wierdos who thought they were vampires and would wear pale makeup, prosthetic teeth, and when they got really rowdy they'd prick each other drink some blood.

So it looks like vampires are out, emos and furries are on the rise right now.

But it's still ultimately just that 10% or less of kids who are having identity issues and acting out. That shit never changed.

Last edited:
Back