Social Studying With ADHD - How Hard It Is?

Take a subject you can throw yourself into head first and obsess for 2-3 years. Only way its helped me study.

Studying with books also sucks. School that was more practical was a blessing.

I have terrible ADHD, like really really bad.. I waited forever to go in and actually go through the testing and get diagnosed. Before that though, I had to do tons of studying for my bachelors degree, and eventually doctor. Finally, after having finished all my years of schooling, I actually got medicated for ADHD. I was too studbborn to be put on anything, but now I realize I basically made life so much harder then it needed to be, but I also did a SHITLOAD of studying with untreated ADHD.

It's all about finding what settings and techniques work for you personally. Eveyone is different. For me - I can't study with other peoiple, it's way too distracting and I don't end up learning anything. My best studying was done early in the day. I liked studying at coffee shops because of all of the noise and energy. I needed to rotate studying spots every couple hours. For certain subjects, working problems was way more beneficial then just reading and reading. Etc etc etc.

You will need to try different things, and find what works the best for you. Have faith Sherbrother.

I went through a lot of trauma at birth and was diagnosed as ADHD when I was like 6 or 7 years old. I have a terrible attention span and I'm constantly getting up and moving around. I cannot sit still for the life of me. The only thing I can tell you is that smoking weed is one of only a few things that can actually calm my ass down. Try to find a way to study that is constantly interactive instead of just reading. I would suggest figuring out a career path that you will enjoy because it will be hard to do monotonous tasks all the time.

Last edited:
I barely went to school and never made it to graduation. I can't commit to anything I procrastinate like a mofo. Still doing pretty well in life though. Guess I just have good instincts or something

Yes, give me a bucket of addies, yo!

Productivity and the economy would be hitting levels never seen before. Ask about our combo meal where we will also send you a giant yellow McDonald's cooler thingie full of the redbull flavor of the month and a milk jug full of percs.

We're makin blue collar life great again baby !

Productivity and the economy would be hitting levels never seen before. Ask about our combo meal where we will also send you a giant yellow McDonald's cooler thingie full of the redbull flavor of the month and a milk jug full of percs.

We're makin blue collar life great again baby !
This reminds me of those girls dying from drinking caffeinated lemonade from Panera Bread <{you!}>

I barely went to school and never made it to graduation. I can't commit to anything I procrastinate like a mofo. Still doing pretty well in life though. Guess I just have good instincts or something
You are Failing upwards, bro

It's very good. I am studying for some hours now and in the mean time I made soms posts and three new threads on Sherdog. I am sure the 'normal' people can't do that.

Now I have to see where my study book is, so I can start reading.

Pretty self explaining.

I'm diagnosed (long short story I suspect but don't have the means to explore further) and I'm trying to study, took meds even...I'm not doing really well.

Got any tips?

It is nearly impossible or need extreme work? I guess, some are just very unlucky when it comes to genetics in the first place.
I brute forced it in high school after my grades sucking a pile of dicks for three years. I went through a military-esque school and had no distractions and a timeline to graduate so that forced me to pay attention; if I didn't, it'd have been a waste and I would've been a super senior. On subjects that interested me it was no problem without distractions, other shit like math required brute force and figuratively bashing my head into a wall. I assume you're talking about college classes. I'm avoiding getting tested cuz I hate going to the doctor/undergoing tests and if I ever switch jobs I don't know if I want it documented. Same with a buddy of mine.

Anyway, what type of ADHD do you suspect you have? I suspect I have the inattentive flavor, lines up pretty accurate. Fits my dad's MO too.

This reminds me of those girls dying from drinking caffeinated lemonade from Panera Bread <{you!}>

Feel like if panara can kill people with lemonade than coke should be allowed to go back to its original formula. It's probably actually better for you than whatever the hell is in those apricot red bulls or that lemonade.

Crazy to me that shits killing people I know fools who push the red line everyday on a wild concoctions of stimulants rx pills and amounts of caffeine I know are way past 400 MG or whatever it is they say don't do. And they do it every day.

side-hustle-fiona-frills.gif

I can get tons of them every month but don't know what the hell I'd do with them. Any time I take any they just turn me into some sort of zombie who will sit down and not move for hours.

Back