Stupidest and best fighter nicknames:

5 pages in and no mention of “The Dean of Mean” Keith Jardine????

Hands down this....
CtzKnOVXYAAG3-i.jpg
His name suits him though. Just the tattoo is dumb.

Last Style Bender is pretty dope
Big Rig felt super appropriate for Hendricks and wasn't bad

One of the stupidest is "The Count." Did he name himself after a freaking Sesame Street character that is decidedly non-threatening? Does he think he is royal? Another is "War Machine." Not a bad name, but bad by associating it with that fighter. Kinda like Jens Pulver if he called himself "King Kong." He might wanna rethink that one.

One of the best was "Axe Murderer." The perfect name for the uber-violent Brazilian who wielded it. His first two fights with Rampage showed how appropriate it was. Another was "Chansaw" McCarthy. Badass. I wanted him to succeed, but he only won one of his UFC fights. He made the receiving end of Loiseau's highlight reel, and lost to "The Count" in his last UFC fight. Cool as Hell name though.

Tuckermaclain

Favorite “uncle creepy”
Worst “insert animal here”

The Axe Murderer is #1

Wanderlei walked every bit of that part.

The janitor is the worst
Rampage and Mayhem are the best as people always refer to them rather than their actual names

Best:
Artem "The Siberian express" Lobov
Frank "twinkle toes" Trigg
Robert "Bobby Knuckles" Whittaker
Kendall "da spyder" Grove
Eduardo "Dudu" Dantas
"The New York Badass" Phil Baroni
Brian "T-city" Ortega
Belal "Remember the name" Muhammad

For the longest time I thought Bisping's nickname was " the cunt"

There was a dude who fought on a fight headlined by Gus who was nicknamed “the cheesecake assassin”. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but it’s either the best or the worst.

Ponzinibbio
Borachihha
or any of those Brazilian/Argentinian nicknames

You guys forgot "El Cucuy"

Favorite:
Yoshihiro "Sexiyama" Akiyama. Sherdog gave him the name and he took it. Cool, huh?

Hated:
Allen Berube - Monstah Lobstah.
Frank Trigg - Twinkle Toes
Fabricio Werdum - "Go Horse", translated from Portuguese.

I sort of like cheesy nicknames like Dean of Mean, at least they are memorable and funny (either intentionally or not). IMO worst are nondescript, dull names like David "The Soul Assassin" Terrell. What the hell is a Soul Assassin anyway, sounds like a lame emo band or something.

Back