Law Substitute teacher KO's student for using racial slur

The only time you would get offended if you were actually what they were calling you.

A slur isn't necessarily about actually being that thing. It's a derogatory term assigned to a group of people. Either way, that sounds good. Go test it out.

Judging by you and your girlfriends' mental breakdowns whenever you get made fun of, you're obviously full of shit ;)

i remember when i was like 12 or 13 my dad got mad and called me the full on n word. i ain't even black. the guys never had a bad word to say about anyone in his life so i must have really pissed him off.

The things I've been hearing about what's going in schools, not from hysterical boomers but a wide range of people who work in schools, in addition to my recent experiences working with younger folks have me fairly concerned about what's going on with the youth of today and where this ends. It's something society as a whole needs to start taking more seriously because it's going to be a major problem when these kids get a little older. Head over to the teachers subreddit and you'll see this echoed over and over again. People who have been teaching for decades quitting because they've never seen behavior this bad.
This is incorrect

Like with the rest of society, school violence is actually way lower than previous decades

Screen_Shot_2014-06-11_at_11.14.29_AM.png

The thing that has changed is the visibility. There weren't cell phones back in the 90s to capture every instance of kids acting like idiots. The dramatic increase of footage of student misbehavior is having the effect of increasing teacher sensitivity to misbehavior. Before cell phones, you'd only be aware of the fights at the school you work in with and maybe hear some stories about a few schools in your area.

With the internet and phones, you can see what every idiot kid in the entire country did, so everyone (parents, teachers, the public) thinks "kids are out of control these days!"

Las Vegas is full of scum but I’m sure this happens daily in LA

187 movie

Yup. Anecdotal but not meaningless evidence that school violence is actually far LESS common now:

The 80s and early 90s had loads of movies about miserably poor schools and all the terrible shit that happened in them. There are few if any the last couple of decades. Why? Because it happens a lot less.

Movies about high school these days would show a bunch of morons drooling over their cell phones for 3 hours straight.

GoFundMe for knocking out a kid in school Blahahaha!!!!!

I dont think be started it himself. Locals who supported him wanted to help with the legal fees.

The kids in the video look like they are 14. This guy should spend his life behind bars. He’s a hotheaded moron.

This kinda feels like it belongs in the Street Coliseum subforum.
So you think it someone attacks you that you should sit there and take it. Let them bust your face up? The teacher was physically assaulted. The follow up punch was wrong, heat of the moment.

This is incorrect

Like with the rest of society, school violence is actually way lower than previous decades

The thing that has changed is the visibility. There weren't cell phones back in the 90s to capture every instance of kids acting like idiots. The dramatic increase of footage of student misbehavior is having the effect of increasing teacher sensitivity to misbehavior. Before cell phones, you'd only be aware of the fights at the school you work in with and maybe hear some stories about a few schools in your area.

With the internet and phones, you can see what every idiot kid in the entire country did, so everyone (parents, teachers, the public) thinks "kids are out of control these days!"

The measurement of violence in schools also has changed, FWIW.

This is incorrect

I interpreted this thread to be about violence by students against teachers, not intra-student violence.

The percentage of teachers who reported being attacked in 2008-09 was 4%. This rose to 6% in 2015-16. It was back down to 4.1% in 2020-21. It appears it was about 4% in the mid-90's, too.

I'm asserting a well known fact, I don't need a source. Sorry brother.

So you pulled it out of your ass then?

I interpreted this thread to be about violence by students against teachers, not intra-student violence.

The percentage of teachers who reported being attacked in 2008-09 was 4%. This rose to 6% in 2015-16. It was back down to 4.1% in 2020-21. It appears it was about 4% in the mid-90's, too.

Doesn't seem like a crisis. It's relatively rare, was still relatively rare after the increase which was short lived.

Either way, Free Re'Kwon

Source?

Back