Suggestions on headgears?

gumby raptor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Im in the market for a new headgear. I want something thats maybe a little thinner then the average headgear. On the headgear that I use now when I spar with it on(which is rare) and I try on keeping my chin down, the padding around the forehead region kinda takes away from my line of sight.

any suggestions on a new one?

thanks.

What size is the headgear you are wearing? Thin headgear isn't too safe, the point of headgear is to be protective. If its thin you want though than Fightgear headguards. My buddy has the competition model and it's pretty thin.

Im in the market for a new headgear. I want something thats maybe a little thinner then the average headgear. On the headgear that I use now when I spar with it on(which is rare) and I try on keeping my chin down, the padding around the forehead region kinda takes away from my line of sight.

any suggestions on a new one?

thanks.

Take a look at TOP-TEN headgear. It has a very low profile.
My review is here:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=592605

we are still trying to design a good headgear so we'll be keeping an eye on this post and others like it.

some of the problems we came accross when testing maney headgears were as follows;

-some hadgear felt tight on the cheeks which made it hard to talk as you'd bite your cheeks.

-our peripheral vision seemed partially blocked by maney headgears we've tried.

-some headgear seemed great for boxing but but couldn't stay secure when grappling or in a thai clinch.

so if anyone has some sugestions for headgear, we'd love to hear them.

mike - www.gorillagear.ca

I'm really loving this head gear: http://www.superfoots.com/sparheadgear.html

It's great for GnP MMA training days. Full mount and defend yourself. I've taken some hard shots on my back and on top with punches and elbows and I feel protected with both MMA and boxing gloves.

MT training days are good also and I've taken a few knees to the head with this on and feel protected.

I have decent side and bottom visibility because of the clear face shield and fogging only happens on the mouth area only when I'm breathing heavy with my mouth open.

the windy headgear is thinner than most of the head gear i seen, but also has the best veiw to see punches of the ones i have tried, that is between the title plat, windy, and everlast traditional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back