Social Suicide: The Growing Plight of Middle-Aged White Men

I think people are reading to much into this. We've just been through a major world financial crisis lots of middle aged men got laid off and finding a new job or career at that age can be very difficult I suspect many of these are just people who got screwed over and ended up in a financial black hole and decided to end it all.

I think there is a lot of truth to what you say. It seems like the whites, particularly in Britain and North America, are one of the few groups that willingly and enthusiastically destroyed every value and tradition that allowed them to thrive in the first place. Things like family, religion, strong work ethic, discipline, character and modesty have been replaced by hollow liberal social values that promote selfishness, laziness, "self-esteem," victimhood, weakness and unreasonable material and financial gain.
That does not make sense, you are contradicting yourself.

In your first post you mentioned that unfair liberal treatment (hatred! racism!) contributes to whites killing themselves. Now you tell us that whites with "liberal values" are killing themselves. it can't be both, you can't be both the oppressor and the oppressed.

Of course your understanding of liberal values is idiotic.

You are a very confused person that is actually the target group of such malignancies. We all know you are unhappy and depressive. Your moronic ideological views greatly contribute to this. You are literally part of this problem, because the dumb shit you chose to believe is making you unhappy and miserable.

Except that the increasing power of capitalism, and its mechanisms of social restructuring, are not only predictable but tiresomely so. Before, during, and after the fact.

:) Well, try to act surprised.

It actually looks like we're right at a turning point here (huge progress on climate change, UHC sort of comes to America, financial reform--all hard-fought triumphs over entrenched economic power), but I guess we'll see. I do think that after all that progress, common people are going to be on the defense for a bit and they might lose some battles.

It's great you think that modern America is a triumph of free democracy or some such, but I think you'll find not quite so many agree with you these days.

I'd think one would be able to acknowledge the existence of some middle ground between "we're all caught in the Dialectic/the Managerial Revolution has happened (depending on which theory of helplessness you prefer)" and "modern America is a triumph of free democracy."

And in Europe, it's even worse. That shit is breaking down, and no amount of hoping for a return to postwar halcyon days is going to put the genie back in the bottle and return to how things were 30 years ago.

Things go back and forth, different factions win and lose battles, etc. Some of us have a natural bias toward thinking that whatever is ascendant at any particular moment has forever established control. We should fight that.

It has never been the majority of whites who have caused problems. It is a small number of people in power who happen to have white skin. During atrocities like American slavery, there were white people protesting and helping slaves escape slavery and many whites were far too poor to own a slave.

Women like to constantly bring up the tragic fact that they could not vote, but throughout history, most males could not vote either. It was reserved for the wealthiest, land owning individuals.

Even for myself, I grew up poor in a broken home. My mother worked two jobs, but one day she was in a bad accident and could not work anymore. We were so poor that we had to move in with my grandparents. If it were not for them we would have been homeless. It was not until I met my wife relatively recently, that things changed for me. I went from being so poor we had to live with my grandparents to not having to worry so much about money. My wife is Korean.

Whites are constantly told not to generalize people by the color of their skin and gender, but apparently, it is acceptable for anyone who is not white to generalize about whites and anyone who is not male to generalize about males.

This is a good illustration of the thinking errors that lead to these tiresome racial discussions. You (and the poster you were responding to) are personalizing issues that aren't personal. When people object to an irrational structural advantage/disadvantage that comes with racial identification, it's not an accusation that any particular beneficiary is personally at fault.

And FYI, poor whites who didn't own slaves still benefited from the racial caste system.
http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/slavery-a-positive-good/

I hold that in the present state of civilization, where two races of different origin, and distinguished by color, and other physical differences, as well as intellectual, are brought together, the relation now existing in the slaveholding States between the two, is, instead of an evil, a good–a positive good.

I hold then, that there never has yet existed a wealthy and civilized society in which one portion of the community did not, in point of fact, live on the labor of the other. ... (I)it would not be difficult to trace the various devices by which the wealth of all civilized communities has been so unequally divided, and to show by what means so small a share has been allotted to those by whose labor it was produced, and so large a share given to the non-producing classes. ... I may say with truth, that in few countries so much is left to the share of the laborer, and so little exacted from him, or where there is more kind attention paid to him in sickness or infirmities of age. Compare his condition with the tenants of the poor houses in the more civilized portions of Europe–look at the sick, and the old and infirm slave, on one hand, in the midst of his family and friends, under the kind superintending care of his master and mistress, and compare it with the forlorn and wretched condition of the pauper in the poorhouse. ...I fearlessly assert that the existing relation between the two races in the South, against which these blind fanatics are waging war, forms the most solid and durable foundation on which to rear free and stable political institutions. ... There is and always has been in an advanced stage of wealth and civilization, a conflict between labor and capital. The condition of society in the South exempts us from the disorders and dangers resulting from this conflict

This is a good illustration of the thinking errors that lead to these tiresome racial discussions. You (and the poster you were responding to) are personalizing issues that aren't personal. When people object to an irrational structural advantage/disadvantage that comes with racial identification, it's not an accusation that any particular beneficiary is personally at fault.

And FYI, poor whites who didn't own slaves still benefited from the racial caste system.

Blacks who were enslaved in the American South also benefited over those left behind in Africa and from very poor whites, if you want to get that tangential about it.

Your average black slave in the South had better nutrition than many white people at the time and generally lived longer and healthier lives than poor whites. Additionally, they got to live in America once emancipated, which eventually gave them opportunities and a standard of living that Ghana never could match.

So if you want to assign blame to poor white people for slavery, we should also discuss how blacks benefited from it.

White males are offing themselves thanks to Obama. It's all Obama's fault.

Blacks who were enslaved in the American South also benefited over those left behind in Africa and from very poor whites, if you want to get that tangential about it.

Your average black slave in the South had better nutrition than many white people at the time and generally lived longer and healthier lives than poor whites. Additionally, they got to live in America once emancipated, which eventually gave them opportunities and a standard of living that Ghana never could match.

So if you want to assign blame to poor white people for slavery, we should also discuss how blacks benefited from it.

You completely missed the points in the post you're responding to, and just posted boilerplate racist stuff. First, poor whites were better off because of the existence of the caste system. And second, it's not about individual blame. Who cares about shit like that? It's just, if we have a structure that we don't like (from a liberal perspective, it's irrational, destructive, and contrary to ideals of freedom), we should change it.

You completely missed the points in the post you're responding to, and just posted boilerplate racist stuff. First, poor whites were better off because of the existence of the caste system. And second, it's not about individual blame. Who cares about shit like that? It's just, if we have a structure that we don't like (from a liberal perspective, it's irrational, destructive, and contrary to ideals of freedom), we should change it.

What structure is that?

The attack on whites has been made very personal through the media. The countless "white people need to stop doing (enter grievance here)," "White people are responsible for (enter grievance here)" and "It's great too see that white male struggling because (enter grievance here)." What I am seeing oftentimes is people indirectly saying (in the same breathe), "white people should not feel bad about about being privileged, they should acknowledge their systematic privilege and it's not all white people and white people should be ashamed and guilty for being privileged and it's great to see white people squirming to feel the oppression we all went through as a people and no matter how awful whites have it, it will never equal our pain."

Yeah, that "slaves were better off than blacks in Africa" stuff is straight White Nationalist stuff.

And arguing that they lived better than SOME whites is even more absurd. Yeah, the ones that survived the Middle Passage, got separated from their families, survived beatings, were passive enough to not attempt to run away, and were lucky enough to live in a big, rich plantation with an extremely generous master may have better living conditions than some of the poorest whites.

But human freedom is THE most important value, so nothing else matters. Ask those poor whites if they'd rather tough it out free or become property for the rest of their lives and their children's lives and their children's lives. It's a complete no-brainer.

But again, this is from the liberal perspective upon which Western civilization has been built on since the Enlightenment. Not everyone is going to agree with it.

Yeah, that "slaves were better off than blacks in Africa" stuff is straight White Nationalist stuff.

And arguing that they lived better than SOME whites is even more absurd. Yeah, the ones that survived the Middle Passage, got separated from their families, survived beatings, were passive enough to not attempt to run away, and were lucky enough to live in a big, rich plantation with an extremely generous master may have better living conditions than some of the poorest whites.

But human freedom is THE most important value, so nothing else matters. Ask those poor whites if they'd rather tough it out free or become property for the rest of their lives and their children's lives and their children's lives. It's a complete no-brainer.

But again, this is from the liberal perspective upon which Western civilization has been built on since the Enlightenment. Not everyone is going to agree with it.

Ironically, those poor whites you talked about were likely descended from people who literally made that bargain to come to America in the first place.

Obviously I disagree that freedom is the most important thing or even a primary good in society, but I'm mobile atm and can post more on that later.

The perpetuity and racial aspect of slavery is the most non-functional aspect of it, imo. Not allowing children to have a chance at glory and imposing perpetual slavery on an entire biological ethnicity is exactly the wrong way to do slavery. No argument from me there.

"The solution is more feminism" is the left-wing equivalent of "the solution is more guns."

What structure is that?

Systemic white racism, my friend.

You, if white (particularly if you are poor and uneducated and white), benefit from this oppressive 'structure' at the expense of liberal ideals. That's wrong. You gotta give that shit back and settle back down into your rightful place in the social order. If you do that, you'll find that we will all ascend even higher together, as a total social group.

Or maybe you'll just be completely fucked and shoot yourself in the head. I don't know. Could be either.

Obviously I disagree that freedom is the most important thing or even a primary good in society, but I'm mobile atm and can post more on that later.

Millions of immigrants/refugees from the former soviet block, Cuba and China would passionately disagree with you. As would many people throughout history including slaves, serfs, and the masses who died fighting for freedom. The only ones who would agree with you were the ones who were holding the leash, the lash, and had the power.

White men commit suicide because it is a part of our culture to give up on friendships and not make new ones.

No friends.

No church.

No club.

Nothing but kids.

Then the kids leave.

Suicide is something white men start on when they are young. They don't know where they are going as they cut the ties, but they cut and cut and replace them with nothing.

"Want to be friends? Want to come over and play some X-Box?"

White men commit suicide because it is a part of our culture to give up on friendships and not make new ones.

No friends.

No church.

No club.

Nothing but kids.

Then the kids leave.

Suicide is something white men start on when they are young. They don't know where they are going as they cut the ties, but they cut and cut and replace them with nothing.

"Want to be friends? Want to come over and play some X-Box?"

The heavy emphasis on having a "Good Time" does not help matters either.

The attack on whites has been made very personal through the media. The countless "white people need to stop doing (enter grievance here)," "White people are responsible for (enter grievance here)" and "It's great too see that white male struggling because (enter grievance here)." What I am seeing oftentimes is people indirectly saying (in the same breathe), "white people should not feel bad about about being privileged, they should acknowledge their systematic privilege and it's not all white people and white people should be ashamed and guilty for being privileged and it's great to see white people squirming to feel the oppression we all went through as a people and no matter how awful whites have it, it will never equal our pain."

Loo

So, do you think you could had nailed a rich wife as a black man?

Millions of immigrants/refugees from the former soviet block, Cuba and China would passionately disagree with you. As would many people throughout history including slaves, serfs, and the masses who died fighting for freedom. The only ones who would agree with you were the ones who were holding the leash, the lash, and had the power.

So?

Well, I was hoping you would explain why you hold such a contrarian, and curious belief.

Why would you assume those with power are wrong?

Wouldn't there be a reason they are in power, and not the slaves?

Back