News Summary of Khabib's presser - Might rematch Conor for 100 million

No I'm not. I just translate stuff, not write stuff on my own.... can't make up fairytales like Karim Zidane at bloody elbow <Lmaoo>

I'm still hoping sherdog will send some cash my way :p.
No seriously, consider it.
I know arabic and hebrew too.
maybe we can work something out.

yeah your optimistic

I mean i'm sure we'd all want to se Khabib back, but after everything that went on with his father passing and how emotional he was and the fact that he has been talking about retirement for quite some time it's hard to think that he would actually come back you know? I just dont see someone like Khabib who would retire unless he truely meant it, we'll see

Only time will tell, but yes I'm optimistic especially after this interview.

I admit, that was a good one. How the tables turned

For the tables to have turned, we must first believe that Conor ever valued legacy over money, and that’s a very hard argument to make given how his career has gone since beating Alvarez.

He's consistently said it's team/family first, then legacy, and that money is important, but not everything, and too much money means problems.

If you take it that way then he'd probably fight GSP for less than for what he would get against Conor. If the GSP fight is still important to him.

Usually I wouldn't reply to a shit comment like this but it seems like people actually took Khabib seriously. You do realize he's joking right? The UFC is never going to pay him $100 million to fight anyone, that's why he's saying that. He will never fight Conor again.

It's amazing how reading comprehension seems to be so lost on people. Shows that some peope will really want to believe what they want to see.

These +1

so much for fights for legacy
You can interpret this as cementing his legacy. After all if fighting one last time will allow him to make a partnership deal with the UFC to create a talent pipeline of Dagestanis to the UFC he will have fulfilled his father’s dreams of making Dagestan the mma powerhouse. I can’t think of a more fitting legacy for Khabib and his dad.

The only thing that bothers me is when his fans (or him) get mad because he's asked about Conor.

He's famous because of Conor. For better or worse, his career is going to be attached to that feud forever.
This is objectively false, he’s famous because he’s an observant and openly proud Muslim who happens to be the best in his field which has made him WILDY popular all over the Muslim world. He’s also HUGELY popular in pretty much all the former Soviet republics. The Conor fight boosted his profile but it’s not all Conor.

On Conor:
It's like a son getting a beating from his father and tries to calm him down with excuses so the father won't beat him so hard.

It's funny cause it's true :D

Is Khabib the funniest fighter ever? And he is doing it unintentional...

This is objectively false, he’s famous because he’s an observant and openly proud Muslim who happens to be the best in his field which has made him WILDY popular all over the Muslim world. He’s also HUGELY popular in pretty much all the former Soviet republics. The Conor fight boosted his profile but it’s not all Conor.
It’s not “objectively” false in the slightest. He went from a top 50 star to a top 3 star after Conor and they are directly tied. He would still be selling Iaquinta PPV #s without the Conor rivalry.

"You come here for money, I come here for legacy" - Conor McGregor to Khabib in 2021

960x0.jpg
Must be frustrating for your boy to fight no one but bums

It’s not “objectively” false in the slightest. He went from a top 50 star to a top 3 star after Conor and they are directly tied. He would still be selling Iaquinta PPV #s without the Conor rivalry.
You said “he’s famous because of Conor”. That is False. His following comes from the international market, Conor boosted his profile but he was well on his way to international stardom even before Conor. Not everything is about Conor. The fact that Khabib is Muslim and Russian speaking have a lot to do with it. There are almost 2 billion Muslims and 200 million Russian speakers. Idiots who say “meh Conor is the only reason he’s famous” are just stuck in their western centric view of the world.

Last edited:
False. His following comes from the international market, Conor boosted his profile but he was well on his way to international stardom even before Conor. Not everything is about Conor.
Nah.

He was nowhere near a superstar in the UFC prior to that fight. Never headlined until Iaquinta on short notice where he sold 350,000 on basically his name alone + Joana iirc. Went from 5m followers prior to Conor in 2018 to now 24m in 2020 after a blockbuster 2.5m buyrate, an increase of nearly 5x.

Islam has 2.4m followers from the Muslim community currently, and he’s nowhere near a superstar in the UFC; a fight night headliner at best just like Khabib was prior to Conor. If he fights McGregor his fame will soar as well and those numbers will magically quadruple like Khabib’s. It’s not really a matter for dispute. It’s obvious. Look what it did for Diaz as well, he just hasn’t capitalized on it.

Last edited:
Didn’t read but this dudes on some next level bullshit if he thinks he gets to dictate terms with a career full of fighting bums and 600K ppv sales on his own without Conor. Realistically, he should be kissing Conors foot and begging for the rematch but instead he retired for mommy sake

Nah.

He was nowhere near a superstar in the UFC prior to that fight. Never headlined until Iaquinta on short notice where he sold 350,000 on basically his name alone + Joana iirc. Went from 5m followers prior to Conor in 2018 to now 24m in 2020 after a blockbuster 2.5m buyrate, an increase of nearly 5x.
Do you know what confounding variables are? Just because Khabib’s popularity reached critical velocity at/after the Conor fight that isn’t entirely attributable to Conor. Many factors went into Khabib’s popularity hitting warp speed after 229 (including the brawl). Believe it or not Khabib had something to do with the hype and blockbuster status of 229. Otherwise you’d expect all of Conor’s fights to sell 2.5M Ppvs.

Do you know what confounding variables are? Just because Khabib’s popularity reached critical velocity at/after the Conor fight that isn’t entirely attributable to Conor. Many factors went into Khabib’s popularity hitting warp speed after 229 (including the brawl). Believe it or not Khabib had something to do with the hype and blockbuster status of 229. Otherwise you’d expect all of Conor’s fights to sell 2.5M Ppvs.
I’m gonna strongly disagree like I do with most things you post.

On Conor:
It's like a son getting a beating from his father and tries to calm him down with excuses so the father won't beat him so hard.

It's funny cause it's true :D

Is Khabib the funniest fighter ever? And he is doing it unintentional...

Completely true... anyone who ever received a beating from parents know this :D

Hi. I've got a lot to do at work now so I'm tired as fook. I'll just do summary of stuff I thought were interesting.

Due to popular demand

About EFC
- Khabib bought and renamed GFC promotion to EFC
- Majority owner and wants to become 100% owner
- Got TV deal with Match TV (big sports channel in Russia) and sponsorship deals also Kazakhstand and UAE TV.
- Got big plans wants to make promotion one of the best in the world
- Gonna make investment on new generation and young fighters
- Difference between GFC and EFC is when it comes to fighter's contracts
- Khabib gonna be involved in recruitment and scouting of talent
- Will not compete vs MMA Global, MMA Global is for US market. EFC doesn't have plans for US market. Also MMA global, gonna be streaming online.
- GFC champions gonna automatically become champs in new league, only new belt design.
- Before in GFC best didn't fight the best, gonna strip people who refuse to defend the belt. Gonna make it fair. Gonna give people who deserve the title shot.
- Khabib not gonna treat people different depending on favouritism
- Not sure about women MMA, maybe.
- EFC gonna have ring girls, have not problem with women.
- EFC have no goal to make money at the moment, but not loosing money right now. Goal for now is not to loose money.

About Dana White talks
- Want to make a contract between UFC-fightpass and EFC
- Wanted to make M-1 type of deal to get best fighters to UFC, but to make a deal that fighter has to have a number of defences before coming ot UFC.
- Also want to make a deal that EFC are going to manage the fighter in UFC instead of agent
- Don't want to compete with UFC, but to cooperate and manage fighters who succeed in UFC
- Khabib hasn't met Dana yet
- Gonna meet Dana 23 january when Umar and Tagir will fight.
- He will probably offer money. Can't offer good opponent, no one left to fight.
- Conor vs Poirier? I choked both, so what?
- It's only about money, it's not interesting.
- No competition for me, there's an Avar saying, that the stallion does not compete against donkeys.
- if they offer me a 100 million, then I'll have a problem in front of me (smile)
- No sporting interest in that fight.
- Several of my guys gonna fight in that tournament, potentially Khabib can meet Conor there. But Khabib says that whatever happens happens.

Middle east plans
- Gonna open Khabib gym
- Gonna be pro gym and raise pro fighters but also commercial project
- Gonna be a big project one of the main centers for Khabib's gyms.
- Gonna have gyms in Abu-Dhabi, Dubai, Malaysia, Indonesia former CIS. Khabib gonna visit and have masterclasses.
- Gonna co-promote with UAE warriors promotion and EFC
- First tournament fight card ready 16th of januari.

About title - why Khabib doesn't let go of the title - Can he return?
- Gonna have title until talks with Dana
- Feels good to be the champion
- Let me enjoy the belt, why you want to strip me?
- Gonna keep it until we have our talks.

- Khabib doesn't have plan to return, wants to focus on more serious business.
- Thinks when you say you quit, then you quit. But never say never, you can reevaluate these thing later.
- Very few people knew about my retirement.
- Except for money, big challenge might make me return. I still want to fight, when I visit tournaments I get urge to fight.
- Khabib keeps training just like before. Staying in shape. Doing to relieve stress and because he enjoys it. After Gaethje fight didn't train for 2 days.
- USADA keeps testing Khabib for 6 moth after Gaethje fight.

About Islam
- Islam just need to be active and fight.
- Needs to not think about title, but just stay active and take fights now.

About Tony Ferguson
- If Tony wins, we'll see.
- Let him win first, his last fight he was destroyed by Gaethje
- I lost interest after Gaethje fight.
- Let him win first.

LW main title contender except Islam
- Poirier, lost to me but had good performance before me and after me. He has a little higher chance than everyone else.
- Chandler left best years in Bellator. Many wars and took lot of damage. Got KOd by FW 2 years ago, don't think he has a good future in this division.

About Conor
- Don't think Conor gonna provoke him, has his fight to worry about
- Thought Conor was gonna be tougher mentally in their fight, but understood he broke him when he said "It's just business".

- It's like a son getting a beating from his father and tries to calm him down with excuses so the father won't beat him so hard.

MY TAKE ON IT
Khabib is not closing any doors, on the contrary he says maybe. But he is setting the bar ahead of meeting with Dana. He's saying, Dana.. make this deal sweet enough cash-wise and help me promote EFC and I'll do another fight.

This is what I'm taking out of this. Khabib is a huge superstar and want to negotiate to get a huge super deal for his last fight.

30-0 fight gonna be special and UFC has got to pay a special kind of sum for that.

Just wanted to give you props. You do a fantastic job with the cliffs/translations on these threads. Much appreciated.

Just wanted to give you props. You do a fantastic job with the cliffs/translations on these threads. Much appreciated.
NP...Don't really have time to do complete translations as before, but people here don't like to read anyway :p so the cliff format works better.

Back