SUMO - 2024 Natsu Basho (May 12th - May 26th)

Ura has been great this basho.
And "yokozuna hopeful" kirishima ... there's something wrong with him mentally. he's obviously way better than this

Ura has been great this basho.
And "yokozuna hopeful" kirishima ... there's something wrong with him mentally. he's obviously way better than this

He was losing a bunch of practise matches before the basho too, though he's not the only one. Just seems like unless they're on their A-game, Kirishima and Hoshoryu are far too easy to beat for the rank they are.

He was losing a bunch of practise matches before the basho too, though he's not the only one. Just seems like unless they're on their A-game, Kirishima and Hoshoryu are far too easy to beat for the rank they are.
Hoshoryu is almost always passive at the start, because he's good at the shifty technical part of sumo but if he gets overwhelmed fast he's usually pushed out. He should learn from that offense demon of an uncle he has that the offense part is also very important. Until he does he's an eternal 11 wins ozeki as best case scenario.

Is uncle healthy after beating cancer?

Onosato not having any of Tobizero's shit
Kirishima really going through it. It's tough to see

Takayasu wins - gotta pull out
Takayasu loses - gotta pull out
Takayasu sits around - gotta pull out
Takayasu switches the mawashi - gotta pull out

It's so true. I like the cameraman attempting to zoom in on Takayasu's new mawashi, but to everyone watching on stream it just looks like he's zooming on the belly.

@Fork Thank you for your effort its so very much appreciated. You got me into Sumo and I have become obsessed. I had to spread last Basho out over weeks so I wasnt in the thread but am super excited about this one even if Taker is out.

Hakuoho showing good strength today but man his shoulder is so messed up. Onosato almost got caught by Waka bro but he turned at the last second. Kirishima really needs to step it up, had his man dead to rights but just stood and watched.

Let's go Ura!

i had the opportunity to go to opening day back in March in Osaka

hung out in the hallway entrance where the rikishi comes out, Terunofuji was 5 feet away from me
Was he as terrifying in person as I would guess?

Hakuoho still looking great while injured and Ura dominating plebs are really making this basho great so far. Onosato odds on to get the yusho, he's just too good.

Back