Superbowl...explain to non Americans

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
So i have no idea WTF goes on with this thing

So people who dont even care or support either team actually tune in and watch this thing...WHY?

I understand you may get to see a free concert at half time(which can be watched on the internet without all the shitty American Football shit either side of it)

Seems like the most ridiculous thing ever to watch something for over 3 hours in which you have no connection to at all, other than being American

So people who dont even care or support either team actually tune in and watch this thing...WHY?

I understand you may get to see a free concert at half time(which can be watched on the internet without all the shitty American Football shit either side of it)

Seems like the most ridiculous thing ever to watch something for over 3 hours in which you have no connection to at all, other than being American
Do you watch any sports?

Bro, the Deadpool/Wolverine teaser trailer drops at half-time. Worth watching the Super Bowl for that alone. :)

lots, but not when i dont have any sort of interest in the team/person
You don't watch the finals of the world cup or anything? Doesn't sound like a true fan of the sport.
In the US, it's the most wagered on game every year. Resulting in high viewing numbers. You don't have to be a fan of either team to respect the talent involved.

Why is it any different to any other country?
The premier league final in UK is surely watched by more than just the team supporters, it's still a big deal, same as Stanley cup final or whatever else.

For the record I don't "get" it either, I saw the graph about it being only a few minutes playtime in those 3hrs.

Why is it any different to any other country?
The premier league final in UK is surely watched by more than just the team supporters, it's still a big deal, same as Stanley cup final or whatever else.

For the record I don't "get" it either, I saw the graph about it being only a few minutes playtime in those 3hrs.
Well it’s atleast an hour of playtime , just like hockey or most other timed sports

Stop acting like you dont know about the Super Bowl, you been on this forum for two decades, youve seen and read enough to figure it out by now
Y'all be fulla beans

<Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo>

America football is unique in that they play so few games every game counts and is therefore an event. It's also the perfect sport for television because of how much time is spent not actually playing. It only requires your attention for a few seconds at a time so it's great for socializing too. Super Bowl is the culmination of all that.

Stop acting like you dont know about the Super Bowl, you been on this forum for two decades, youve seen and read enough to figure it out by now
Y'all be fulla beans

<Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo>
Like fulla baked beans on toast

B/c it's watching the best 2 teams (theoretically) in the sport going at it for 1 single game for the big prize!! Nothing is more exciting than that. It's like game 7s in series' and things like that. Plus football is most peoples' favorite sport. I can apprecaite the talent out there even if my team isn't in it.

Also.....just a big reason for a lot of people to have a party and hang out.

Dumbest sport ever dont care about it but i lol everytime they hype up fake numbers around the world.funiest thing when tjey go calculation how many wings will be eaten.

People Love football here for whatever reason. I get that people get hyped up about something they look forward to all year but personally I am just not that hyped about it and I have been surrounded by the game my entire lifespan.

People have a variety of reasons for watching the game. A football game is a timed event so there will only be 60 minutes of game time. The other 2 hours will be filled with various things. There will be at least an hour of commercials. Many advertisers choose to debut new commercials that some people enjoy watching for some reason. There are many things that people bet on before the game other than the final score. They can bet on which team will score first. There is even a bet that depends on the jersey number worn by the first player to score.

Many people use the game as an excuse to have a party with family and friends. Many people get too drunk to even see the end.

Some people watch for the strategy being used. Some watch for the big hits being made. Some watch for the skills being demonstrated.

People Love football here for whatever reason. I get that people get hyped up about something they look forward to all year but personally I am just not that hyped about it and I have been surrounded by the game my entire lifespan.
Funiest thing is that they talk about absolutly everything up to game but game it self this year will taylor make it

You will never understand if you do not have espn 24/7 that constantly talk about that sport. Me after i stoped watching espn at all super bowl and all the talk is non existant

Back