News Superlek vs Takeru is set for ONE 165 in Tokyo, January 28

Who wins?

• Total voters
Rodtang would need to rely on his teeps to keep Takeru at bay. In the pocket Rodtang is far outgunned and much slower then Takeru. Power advantage is clearly in the favor of Takeru. I got Takeru by possible stoppage if I am being honest.
Kickboxing. Well, Takeru...

Is Muay Thai a god-tier style? Yes.
But still, this is kickboxing.
Pace and shot placement all night for Takeru.

I'll even agree with @KID Yamamoto that he could stop Rodtang.

I only remember Rodtang being finished once and that was perhaps over 10 years ago when he was young and by elbow. He's got a rock solid chin, I don't see him getting finished in boxing gloves by Takeru. Hope I didn't just jinx him though.

I'll take Takeru for the win, wouldn't mind if Rod pulls it out though

rodtang always goes toe to toe. that's his nature.
but takeru has quicker, tighter punches.

is it true that Rodtang is OUT????
And Superlek is in?

is it true that Rodtang is OUT????
And Superlek is in?
He’s out, but in reality he never had a chance to appear. They booked the fight knowing Rodtang needed surgery on his hand but Takeru vs Rodtang will sell more tickets then other matchups

He’s out, but in reality he never had a chance to appear. They booked the fight knowing Rodtang needed surgery on his hand but Takeru vs Rodtang will sell more tickets then other matchups
if Takeru is fighting Superlek (only from the rumour-mill??), then I'll equally watch the hell out of it but I was set on a Rodtang showdown.

Takeru has been thoroughly enjoying his lazy sparring of late. Hands down. Getting clipped plenty in trade sparring. I don't know what to make of that.

if Takeru is fighting Superlek (only from the rumour-mill??), then I'll equally watch the hell out of it but I was set on a Rodtang showdown.

Takeru has been thoroughly enjoying his lazy sparring of late. Hands down. Getting clipped plenty in trade sparring. I don't know what to make of that.
He’s been doing that throughout his career and it’s training clips

He’s been doing that throughout his career and it’s training clips
Gotcha. I never followed his training before Rodtang was announced. Others pointed out the same. He doesn't seem to take bombs but I wonder how that will affect his retirement years.

Either way.
War Takeru.

ABEMA, who are running the PPV in Japan and helping to put on the show haven't been able to contact ONE for two weeks

Gotcha. I never followed his training before Rodtang was announced. Others pointed out the same. He doesn't seem to take bombs but I wonder how that will affect his retirement years.

Either way.
War Takeru.
Probably not the best for your brain health, but I doubt Rodtang would be the guy to break his chin

ABEMA, who are running the PPV in Japan and helping to put on the show haven't been able to contact ONE for two weeks

Must be handy to be able to prepare for 7 months to fight someone in your own country and fight them in a sport which they only occasionaly fight in and are not as good in.

Must be handy to be able to prepare for 7 months to fight someone in your own country and fight them in a sport which they only occasionaly fight in and are not as good in.
ONE signed Takeru to break into the Japanese market also Rodtang is the kickboxing champ, maybe he should vacate or Chatri should strip him if making him compete in a sport where he is the champ is such a hassle

ONE signed Takeru to break into the Japanese market also Rodtang is the kickboxing champ, maybe he should vacate or Chatri should strip him if making him compete in a sport where he is the champ is such a hassle
I was talking about Superlek.
They seem to be stacking the deck against him. His first fight in One was against Panpayak. He had to fight him twice. Put him against 6ft4 Nabil.
Now three weeks notice to fight Takeru in Japan.
They will probably fly him over there the day of the fight. 🤣

Rodtang isn't the kickboxing champ, Superlek is.

Rodtang isn't the kickboxing champ, Superlek is.
My apologies, it’s hard to keep track of ONE’s 6 thousand titles but got confused since he was booked twice for the kickboxing titles before pulling out and is ranked at kickboxing for some reason

Takeru should get a shot straight at the belt if he wants it imo. I know that he hasn't been super active and such but I feel like he has the credentials and hype to fight for the belt right away.

Back