Suspicious Vaseline application? (UFC 297)

Gamer007

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed how Sean didn't have his Vaseline applied correctly before entering the cage?

The Vaseline wasn't placed under both of his eyes at all, which resulted in at least 2 bad cuts to the lower right and left of his eye in this image.

1705863333731.png

Two different cut men applied Vaseline prefight, but the difference in quality and effort was shocking. I could tell immediately that Sean was going to sustain a bad cut at some point. Stuff like this changes the results of fights, and I believe it's getting majorly overlooked at the moment. If this happened in reverse DDP would've been gushing blood from those jabs very early in the fight. I'm not saying there wasn't a headbutt either, I'm saying that damage under his eye could've easily been mitigated or stopped all together, changing the optics of the fight dramatically.

This is something that needs to be observed moving forward. Incompetence or suspicious behavior? Rewatch it yourself, you be the judge....

Am I the only one who noticed how Sean didn't have his Vaseline applied correctly before entering the cage?

The Vaseline wasn't placed under both of his eyes at all, which resulted in at least 2 bad cuts to the lower right and left of his eye in this image.

View attachment 1025148

Two different cut men applied Vaseline prefight, but the difference in quality and effort was shocking. I could tell immediately that Sean was going to sustain a bad cut at some point. Stuff like this changes the results of fights, and I believe it's getting majorly overlooked at the moment. If this happened in reverse DDP would've been gushing blood from those jabs very early in the fight. I'm not saying there wasn't a headbutt either, I'm saying that damage under his eye could've easily been mitigated or stopped all together, changing the optics of the fight dramatically.

This is something that needs to be observed moving forward. Incompetence or suspicious behavior? Rewatch it yourself, you be the judge....
Can't say I noticed that myself... but now definitely curious to go back and see myself.

main-qimg-99aa3e848902aeca8d5413f00961b12f

giphy.gif

View attachment 1025148

I would love to see a supercut of this. Even if it were two videos (one for each fighter) on your phone made into a 20 second YouTube video, then posted here.

In the old days cutmen were hired by the corners, but didn’t mma change that and now they're provided by the AC? Or am I making shit up in my head again?

View attachment 1025148

Dont be a woman

The cuts didn't happen in the first round and don't the corners apply it between rounds usually?

Back