SUV's - what would you recommend?

Yeah. Look at their mechanical reliability and get back to me. Audi. Bmw. Mercedes. None of them can touch Toyota or Honda. Don't be a fool!

You have no idea what you are talking about.

A car is not only the mechanical reliability of the engine (which by the way i highly doubt is better at toyota or honda than a mercedes or bmw engine)

But go ahead drive your shitty honda with design lagging for 20 years and performance lagging 10 years . Maybe you can put some fast and furious type of spoilerkits and steeetlights kkk

The favorite SUV I've owned is the one i drive now, a Volvo plug in hybrid of all cars. I'm surprised I enjoy it as much as I do but it's a wonderful vehicle.

I live in Florida so don't need to deal with ice and snow now. When I lived in the midwest, with winter being essentially 5 months long, I found changing to winter tires made the biggest difference dealing with slick ice and snow.

+1 for the Lexus RX

I have 2 friends that have them and they are comfortable as hell, nicely finished good stereo, good headroom (I'm 6'3)

Also I think that is built on the 4 Runner frame, which is one of the most durable longest lasting SUV frames.

Basically (for the most part) the bigger SUV frames are built more like a truck and thus much more durable, last longer (but get less gas mileage)

I was researching them at one point a few years ago. It tends to be about 5-10 grand usd more for the larger body frame suv but if you want to have a vehicle thay lasts that is the way to go.
Conversely if you are leasing or don't want to run it into the ground but rather upgrade, or if gas cost is a major factor to you, you may be better with smaller models.

It is built on the 4runner chasis but there is much more cabin space. I'm 6'3" 210lbs and I fit in it comfortably but that isn't the case for the 4runner (I've heard the 24' 4runner is bigger).

Overall we get 15mpg around town and 20mpg on trips. I have mine on TerraGrapplers and I take it on the beach all summer and then snowboarding all winter.

I ended up buying our 2019 GX after the lease was over and will def buy the same truck again.

cyrix9445-Jurassic-Park-Ford-Explorer-Instagram-replica-movie.png

I work for Stellantis so I get employee pricing, but this truck is the best one I have ever owned. I have had Highlander, Pilot, Odyssey, Santa Fe, Pathfinder, and nothing has come close. Its an animal with plenty of room.

dodge-durango-r-t-hemi-orange.jpg

Best bet is to buy one a year old. Make sure it is certified and buy a CPOV Wrap for 7/100.

For the price, the Ford Edge ST is fantastic. You can get a used one with 20k miles for $30k or less. The ST trim is a V6 turbo and dishes out 335hp and a torque of 380lbs !

2019-ford-edge-st-lead-yo-1537372537.jpg

I'm planning on buying one asap.

Toyota Sequoia if you want a full size SUV or a Toyota 4runner if you want something just a little smaller
This. Add in a Highlander if you want a little more kid friendly space in something smaller than a Sequoia. I have owned or do own each of these vehicles, along with my Taco, and they are superb.

I got the suburban rst in 21

fucking LOVE big bertha
Newer Suburbans are absolute land barges.

I've never owned an SUV and have no interest in every owning own... but if I absolutely had to... I'd get the new Cadillac Escalade ES-V.

All 682 horsepower, $150,000 and 11 MPG. Go big or go home lol.

1642780094588.png

You have no idea what you are talking about.

A car is not only the mechanical reliability of the engine (which by the way i highly doubt is better at toyota or honda than a mercedes or bmw engine)

But go ahead drive your shitty honda with design lagging for 20 years and performance lagging 10 years . Maybe you can put some fast and furious type of spoilerkits and steeetlights kkk

Do some basic research and come back.

Go with a Toyota. It's not American but they are reliable. Second choice would be Honda. Lexus isn't bad too. Acura is a little iffy sometimes.

The majority of Toyotas sold in America are made in America.

The majority of Toyotas sold in America are made in America.
Eh if you want to claim Toyota as American then go ahead. I wonder if Chinese folks will claim Tesla is Chinese.

My sister's husband has some Subaru midsize SUV that's nice, I think those are AWD.
My dad has an 06 Highlander still going strong.
Before that, he had a Cherokee Classic. It sucked driving on the interstate but I still miss the ole boxy bastard.

74791800-9fb8-413b-8ed5-84640f776945.png

A friend of mine inherited a MINT 1993 ford explorer from his grandma (it was almost never driven).

He was going to sell it for $2000, as the blue book value is $1600... I pointed out how much a JP movie car maker would value a "like new" 93 explorer, and now it seems he may get 10 time blue book or more.

I dunno man. My wife got a Ford C-Max and its been going strong for 8 years. The entire undercarrige is protected, not a bit of rust under there. And for a hybrid, that sucker moves. Good on mileage too. Gets like 50 miles to the gallon.

A pick-up truck
Gotta agree. Pickups are the new SUVs. The backseats are as roomy or even more so than a second row SUV and you get a useable bed! You can absolutely replace an SUV with a truck these days and I would

Back