Sweating Like A Hog

yeh i sweat like a bitch, im not too bothered about it in the gym, it just looks like im working hard but it sucks if im in a club getting my groove on. the only thing that stops me sweating is weed but im the only person i know that it has this effect on, not thinking about it also helps

I'm a charter member too. I play squash and bring an extra shirt and a couple of head bands as well.

Worst is that I also rock climb. Once my hands get sweaty off you come.

I find that gymnastics chaulk helps the best for keeping your hands dry for racquet sports or lifting. Nothing worse than getting into a great set, feeling strong etc. then having to stop to towel off.

I do feel like a total loser at the gym. At least I don't smell.

I am curious about your serum potasium and sodium levels given you sweat so much and drink that much water.

I just don't drink water. Try it, I bet you won't sweat much!

Yeah its healthy and nothing to worry about, just keeps the armbars at bay

How is rock climbing for a workout, GoRiders?

Edit: Hey, I'm a Purple Belt now!

I sweat for no reason at school, I leave embarrassing sweat marks of my ass when I get up off a chair!

You could just research sweat reducing materials

Maybe if we heavy sweaters (sometimes for no good reason at all) start convincing ourselves and others that it's sexy, everyone will jump on the bandwagon and the only way the chicks won't be on us is if they slide off... :)

I'm willing to bet that I sweat more than anybody else here. Not only that but I have an extremely LOW tolerance to heat, I fucking hate the heat. When I'm using the bike or treadmill at the gym, there's a fucking puddle underneath. I sweat THROUGH my judo gi even.

You can add me to the list of sweaty pigs. I think it's just genetics. On the plus side, when I'm playing basketball I always get an extra 6inches of clearence when I post up. LOL

Sonny said:
I'm willing to bet that I sweat more than anybody else here. Not only that but I have an extremely LOW tolerance to heat, I fucking hate the heat. When I'm using the bike or treadmill at the gym, there's a fucking puddle underneath. I sweat THROUGH my judo gi even.

I got the heat problem too. I drink a lot of water, but sometimes when I'm going real hard I'll get dizzy and everything takes on a yellowish tint and I get a little bit of tunnel vision.

Thats all good to know I always wondered about my sweating. It got worse as I got in better shape. at least I know why now.

Almost everyone, male and female, leaves sweat puddles when we train, either in muay thai or bjj or after an hour of cardio. I get overheated in my atama gi easily so I wear the Underarmour compression shorts and a dri-fit (or other brand of sweat-wicking fabric) tank top under the gi, tuck a handtowel in my waistband plus hog the fan between drills and I still have to fight to get out of my sweat plastered pants post-class. If our class was no-gi, I'm sure we'd all be slipping out of holds like a wet bar of soap and every few classes someone always slips in a sweat puddle.

When I get my mma gloves I'll take a pic with them on........I will post it. Hmm..but will I have more than mma gloves on??

Girljock said:
When I get my mma gloves I'll take a pic with them on........I will post it. Hmm..but will I have more than mma gloves on??

PM me :]

I sweat like a bastard too. It's uncomfortable and it get is your eyes. But enough bitching from me.

I am not just a member of the Sweat Club for Men, I bought the company.

But seriously, I sweat like crazy. You can always see where I've been on the mat by the big gi print I leave after rolling. Sometimes I feel bad for my rolling partners, but I can't help it, so I don't worry about it much.

multiple shirts helps. also, try adding a tad more sodium in your diet

Back