Tactical Beast Mode

Went to the gym to test out the new maxes after 5 days of rest. It's been about 11-12 weeks, 9 weeks of actual lifting.

I calculated the 1RM when I first started the Gladiator program, went for the actual 1RM today since there were some spotters available.

Previous/New 1RM:

Bench Press 160/210
SOHP 122/170
BW Pullups 6/11 (was also able to do 2 pullups with 35lbs)

Pretty incredible increases! 50lbs for both presses. I was hoping to get over 200lbs on the bench for the first time in my life. Sticking to a program really works, and TB is legit!

Not sure if I'm going to switch to the fighter template next week, leg is still not 100% so more conditioning might not be possible.

Holy shit dude, congrats! Damn those are big increases....now you're making me want to switch to Operator or Gladiator.

Holy shit dude, congrats! Damn those are big increases....now you're making me want to switch to Operator or Gladiator.

I was pretty stoked myself! When 185 went up easily, I knew the 200 mark was insight.

Now I need to work on the power clean because it won't be easy to get that heavier weight up for the SOHP if the squat racks not available.

This is the first time I've really stuck with a strength program. I tried SS years ago but plateaued pretty quickly for some reason and gave up. I really like the progression of TB and getting that solid foundation before increasing the weights. Especially for an injury prone person like myself.

You've been kicking ass with the high intensity training and cardio though! I'm just hoping I can get through some sprints and burpees without aggravating this leg again..

Congratz on the awesome results. Have there been any noticeable changes in your weight or body composition during those cycles? I started TB a few days ago see, I just love how straightforward and simple it is.

Daayuuum.....50lbs on both presses...nice work man! Tactical Barbell's a great program.

I too am curious about any body composition changes...and did you do anything special or different for diet?

Congratz on the awesome results. Have there been any noticeable changes in your weight or body composition during those cycles? I started TB a few days ago see, I just love how straightforward and simple it is.

I'm 6'3" and hovered around 180 before starting. I'm now 195, so put on almost 15lbs of muscle and some fat. I wasn't planning to bulk up, but was eating more than usual, and haven't been able to do much cardio due to this leg injury.

Tweated the Gladiator template just a little bit: for the 70% and 75% weeks I did 4x8 instead of 5x5 for a little bit of hypertrophy which increased the weight gain.

I was pretty stoked myself! When 185 went up easily, I knew the 200 mark was insight.

Now I need to work on the power clean because it won't be easy to get that heavier weight up for the SOHP if the squat racks not available.

This is the first time I've really stuck with a strength program. I tried SS years ago but plateaued pretty quickly for some reason and gave up. I really like the progression of TB and getting that solid foundation before increasing the weights. Especially for an injury prone person like myself.

You've been kicking ass with the high intensity training and cardio though! I'm just hoping I can get through some sprints and burpees without aggravating this leg again..

Yeah I had the same issue. SS sounded great to me in theory, but I stalled very fast. Tried resetting and all that, but barely budged.

Had a busy week last week so I wasn't able to post week 1. Starting a modified Fighter Template after retesting my maxes with great results.

Last week was alright but this first day was pretty difficult after the increased loads.

Bench press was supposed to 170 this week but I dropped down to 165 after struggling to get 5 reps with the first set. So I'm doing 4x5 @165lbs this week. Hopefully on Thursday when I'm back in the gym it's a little easier.

Military press @ 80% 1RM was 135 and I did 2x5 and 2x4.

I've added deadlifts to the mix but not going too hard since my leg is still kind of injured. 225lbs 5x5.

For pullups I'm going to try doing weighted pullups the first workout of the week, then BW pullups for the 2nd workout. Did 5x4 with 15lbs today.

During the Gladiator block the weights were going up fairly easy and I was able to finish each set with ease. After the new maxes this week was tough, hopefully I can hit 3 reps at 90% next week.

Wanted to start some conditioning and test the leg out so I went with an II classic yesterday: The Magic 50.

40lb dumbell for the snatches.
20kg kettlebell for the swings.

Used to do this with ease, but I was huffing and puffing during the last sets. Felt good though and the leg feels fine this morning!

Bench press 165 4x5 was able to complete all reps this time, last set was a struggle though.

Military Press 135- 1x5, 2x4, 1x3. This was tougher today than earlier in the week. Was feeling pretty sore from the Magic 50 snatches and swings I did Tuesday. It was good to feel that soreness that infinite intensity gives you again.

Pullups 5x6. Able to do more pullups, but I feel like I'm doing them slowly. I need to figure out how to bang out explosive quick sets with full ROM.

Didn't have time to deadlift this morning before work :(.

Did some conditioning today. Was going for skipping rope, KB swings and burpees 1min each for 5 rounds with a minute rest between rounds.

Had to take more than a minute second round lol, but it felt good and I'll work my way back into shape.

So I must have been on cocaine and steroids when I retested my 1 rep maxes for the new block. I had to reduce the weight last week, and reduced it again this week.

Was supposed to bench 190 and Military press 155 for 4-5 sets of 3 reps today. I was able to bench 190 twice and press 155 once, so I deloaded with both, and am adjusting for the rest of the block.

Bench 180 5x3
Military Press 140 5x3

Pullups 5x3 w/25lb load.

Still happy with the results and will continue to the journey to harness more power!

Strength day 2.

Bench Press 180 5x3
Military Press 140 3x3, 1x2. Tougher today than the first workout of the week. My right shoulder was a little sore though. Looking forward to the deload next week to work on technique and stability.

Pullups: 1st set of 8 reps was great. 6 after, then 5 then a couple low rep random sets just to get the numbers up.

Been a way for a little over 2 weeks. Getting back on track with week 4 at 75% 1RM.

Bench Press 155 5x5
SOHP 115 5x5
Weighted Pullups 15lbs 5x4

Did some weighted dips too, 25lbs 3x8

Workout 2

SOHP 115 2x8 3x5
Bench Press 155 5x5
Pullups 6x4 and 4x4. Trying to do as many pullups as possible now to increase my max reps

Deadlift 235 5x5

Bench Press 170 4x5 1x3
SOHP 130 5x5
Weighted Pullups 25lbs 5x3
Deadlift worked up to 275 2x5

Day 2

Bench Press 170 2x4 2x3. Struggled this workout, wasn't sleeping very well the past couple of days.

Military Press 130lbs 4x4
Pullups sets of 8, 8, 7, 6, 6, 6

Didn't have time to deadlift today :(

Broke the first workout in to two days earlier this week.

1st day:
Bench Press 185 1x3, 4x2. Couldn't get to 3 on the remaining sets.
Pullups: 6, 6, 5, 5, 5 etc...just trying to do as many as possible these days. Not feeling like I'm getting better.

2nd Day: Feeling much better
Military Press 145: 5x3- these went great.
Dips 25lbs 3x10.
A couple shoulder accesory workouts.

This morning did the Magic 50. 45lb snatch, 24kg kettlebell swing. Had to take 1min-2minutes between sets.

Bench Press 170 4x5 1x3
SOHP 130 5x5
Weighted Pullups 25lbs 5x3
Deadlift worked up to 275 2x5

This looks like a shit ton of work! Are you still running Gladiator? Isn't that only supposed to be two lifts?

This looks like a shit ton of work! Are you still running Gladiator? Isn't that only supposed to be two lifts?

Switched to the fighter template to try to get my conditioning back. So it's not too bad, and I haven't been consistently deadlifting twice a week due to the leg injury not being fully healed and lack of time. Working on form for the deadlift and not going to heavy.

Copy that. Injuries are a bitch...good on you working around it like that. That takes commitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back