Taking The Train

Your mom loves trains.
seenit-seen.gif

Rather drive if the destination is close enough or fly if it's far enough.

Only if I’m going downtown to watch sports ball because it stops right by the stadium.

I take the MARC train to work. I ride the metro when I want to visit DC on the weekends. I take Amtrak if I want to travel to a major city in the North East.

IMO, if you are in the DC area and want to see New York, Boston, or Philly, it's way better to take Amtrak than flying.

Who doesn't?l

Oh yea Americans

I take the train daily to work, and pretty much everywhere else I go visit in my day-to day life is via train, with the occasional taxi.

Because of my job I get free public transportation.

When on vacation I also use the train. Most recently in Japan, we went everywhere via train...as is normal.

I would take a train downtown sometimes. Traffic is a mess here in Toronto.

Travelled about 250 miles on trains yesterday....driver was a right twat though.

Last edited:
Here they recently opened one segment of the train, but you'd have to transfer to bus at no extra cost. It's the first full month and I still see a lot of cars still using the freeway and getting stuck in slow traffic for who knows how long. Parking in downtown for work probably costs $300+ per month. I don't understand why more didn't switch to using the train which is much faster and arrives every 10 minutes.

I did Amtrak from Seattle to Portland. Beautiful ride. Slow as hell though.

Public transport is for crazy people and broke people.
It's all drama and bad adventure
wow, about to say because you live in america, but shiiiiieeeeet, you dont know how good you got it.

I take the train about every 6 months. The train ticket is about the same price as I'd pay for gas, and takes around the same amount of time.
The only time I've had a problem with the train was during a blizzard. The train lost GPS signal due to the weather, and would only move about 10 yards at a time.
I've taken Greyhound once, and there's no way in hell I'd ride it again.

Back