News Tank Davis vs Frank Martin & Benavidez vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk PBC ON AMAZONPRIME PPV June 15th

Barbosa from ESPNDeportes claims May 26th date for Tank vs Martin …. Benavidez fighting in June and that Canelo has been acting difficult with PBC because a “Saudi offer”

Barbosa from ESPNDeportes claims May 26th date for Tank vs Martin …. Benavidez fighting in June and that Canelo has been acting difficult with PBC because a “Saudi offer”

Most fans would say these are the non-PPV fights, but becaise this is boxing, we’re paying for them.

These are great fights, but when you don't throw equally great non-ppv cards out there in between the ppv cards it looks like they're taking a dump on boxing fans. Not every big fight should be ppv.

These are great fights, but when you don't throw equally great non-ppv cards out there in between the ppv cards it looks like they're taking a dump on boxing fans. Not every big fight should be ppv.
None of these fights strike me as particularly great, and they are far, far, far away from PPV quality. A couple of them are likely to be ugly mismatches, too. Do people really expect old, inactive, and likely undersized Keith Thurman to do anything against Tim Tszyu, other than maybe survive in a snoozefest? And Gvozdyk quite sensibly retired after getting bludgeoned by Beterbiev. He's just being thrown in there to get hammered by Benavidez in a profile-raising exercise. Davis/Martin might actually be good, but older fans will remember when fights like this were regularly shown for free on American tv. It's an insult to have to pay for them. I'm not convinced that Canelo is fighting on Amazon anymore.

None of these fights strike me as particularly great, and they are far, far, far away from PPV quality. A couple of them are likely to be ugly mismatches, too. Do people really expect old, inactive, and likely undersized Keith Thurman to do anything against Tim Tszyu, other than maybe survive in a snoozefest? And Gvozdyk quite sensibly retired after getting bludgeoned by Beterbiev. He's just being thrown in there to get hammered by Benavidez in a profile-raising exercise. Davis/Martin might actually be good, but older fans will remember when fights like this were regularly shown for free on American tv. It's an insult to have to pay for them. I'm not convinced that Canelo is fighting on Amazon anymore.

They're still good fights for what they are. Though i don't believe any of them to be worthy of ppv. Ppv should be for monumental matches like Biev vs Bivol, not just random contender matches. Joshua vs Ngannou is ppv over here in the UK, and yet i watched Naoya Inoue fight both Fulton and Tapales, unifying a second division and neither of those fights were on ppv. I'm not paying for ppv unless i see the value, and currently the value isn't there.

They're still good fights for what they are. Though i don't believe any of them to be worthy of ppv. Ppv should be for monumental matches like Biev vs Bivol, not just random contender matches. Joshua vs Ngannou is ppv over here in the UK, and yet i watched Naoya Inoue fight both Fulton and Tapales, unifying a second division and neither of those fights were on ppv. I'm not paying for ppv unless i see the value, and currently the value isn't there.
Funny thing is Bieb/Bivol is on regular tv in a lot of places. I believe TSN is carrying it here, which is quite a surprise.
I think the PBC/Amazon relationship is going to be a wasted opportunity. PBC should be making as many cards for the regular subscription service as possible, featuring their higher profile fighters in competitive matchups, and saving PPV for true superfights (truthfully there aren’t that many) but already we can see what they’re up to. Just a continuation of the same old shit. It’s likely going to backfire because nobody is going to pay for this stuff.

Back