Tapout Valetudo short review

Adino

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sorry I have been MIA for a few weeks, but I just moved again and just got a internet connection two days ago. But you will be happy to hear that I have still been training and testing new gear for my fellow sherdoggers :D First I would like to thank Ron at SSF, I have never experienced such close personal customer service, he definitely has me as a customer for life. If you need anything in the gear market SSF is the way to go as far as retail. Now to the shorts:
I have been in need of some vale tudo shorts for some time now to wear both under my shorts and by themselves. I thought I would give the Tapouts a shot. There sizing is a little funny, this is right off there website:
Sizing Reference:
S - 28-32 (Matt Serra)
M - 30-34 (Matt Hughes)
L - 34-38 (Jeremy Horn)
XL - 38-42 (Josh Barnett)
I thought that one short fitting 4 different sizes was suspicious sounding but I went ahead and ordered a small, I

Waste band and draw string
Picture023.jpg

Inside bottom stitching of short
Picture005.jpg

The inside raised stitching
Picture025.jpg

Why didn't you just get underarmour underwear , it's like half the price? thanks for reviewing shit anyways though. I have come to respect your opinion on gear quite a bit.

yelm said:
Why didn't you just get underarmour underwear , it's like half the price? thanks for reviewing shit anyways though. I have come to respect your opinion on gear quite a bit.

I wanted something that I could also wear just to fight in if I wanted to. Thanks for the post though, definitally helps knowing that my time spent reviewing gear is helpful to others.

To be honest though you are costing me a bit of $$$$. Have you ever reviewed Nogi shorts?

Adino-Good review. I wear a brief under mine so I don't feel the seam. I know that XFGear is working on a pair of vt shorts so lets hope they are a little nicer.

www.SSFgear.com

Bobby Jacobsen said:
To be honest though you are costing me a bit of $$$$. Have you ever reviewed Nogi shorts?

lol, and for that I am sorry :redface: I have not even seen a pair of the Nogi shorts, I'm on abit of a budget so I can't get as much stuff as I would like. I love the Nogi stuff and would love to get a pair in the future. But us poor college students need to manage our money as best we can :wink:

SSF said:
Adino-Good review. I wear a brief under mine so I don't feel the seam. I know that XFGear is working on a pair of vt shorts so lets hope they are a little nicer.

www.SSFgear.com

Paul actually hooked me up with a "trial pair" meaning they used the short to experiement some new designes and couldn't sell them so he hooked me up. The short material and design is the same that they will be selling but the designes might be different. I am actually working on they review this weekend and it will be up in the next few days.

Paul made a couple for my fighters but we haven't had the chance to try them out yet.

www.SSFgear.com

Oh and I will not be getting the XFGear Vale Tudo short review up for awhile. Sorry guys :( I hope they work out for you Ron.

Nice review Adino, I was considering buying some of these but I think I might go with a pair of Nogi Slates or another pair of Sprawls instead.

Hockeyfight said:
Nice review Adino, I was considering buying some of these but I think I might go with a pair of Nogi Slates or another pair of Sprawls instead.

I too want to get some of the slates, but Nogi and Chris hate me :(

~Foz

Hockeyfight said:

Yea if you want some VT shorts I would go with someone else b/c these are not the best and not worth $45. Plus the closed seam SPRAWLS are comming out soon I think and I know what $$$ I have laying around will be going towards those :wink: I do need some good VT shorts though so if you end up going with FCF or something let me know b/c I want to get a nice pair in the future.

I don't like the closed seem I think that I'm buying the white sprawls.

Hockeyfight said:
I don't like the closed seem I think that I'm buying the white sprawls.

word, I would like to see some pics, I have not seen the white ones yet.

Back