Social Target Pride merchandise only available at select stores after rightwing backlash

Perhaps but I fail to see the problem with a couple rainbow t-shirts and mugs
Well, you're either misinformed or being dishonest. They were selling highly sexualized clothing to kids. Nobody bought that shit, and were angered about it even being available(rightfully so). Hence the double back by Target. Don't believe the "it was only harmless Pride merch, with absolutely nothing targeting children" bullshit narrative people are trying to sell. There are multiple videos out there of people showing exactly what they were selling in the store, and no, they didn't make that shit at home just to beef about it online. Tuck-friendly clothing for children were on the racks. Clothing with sexualized language were on the racks. It's not some conspiracy. It was real.

Last edited:
Well, you're either misinformed or being dishonest. They were selling highly sexualized clothing to kids. Nobody bought that shit, and were angered about it even being available(rightfully so). Hence the double back by Target. Don't believe the "it was only harmless Pride merch, with absolutely nothing targeting children" bullshit narrative people are trying to sell. There are multiple videos out there of people showing exactly what they were selling in the store, and no, they didn't make that shit at home just to beef about it online. Tuck-friendly clothing for children were on the racks. Clothing with sexualized language were on the clothing. It's not some conspiracy. It was real.
can you send me a reference to that because thats fucking batshit if true...

can you send me a reference to that because thats fucking batshit if true...
Oh it’s true, it’s damn true. Tucking clothes and chest binding clothes. Seen it with my own eyes in the store. Videos were all over the internet last year.

No one cares about a rainbow mug. People care when they sell the shit they were selling.

That's okay with me. At some point it becomes promotion and affects kids minds in a way that I don't think is okay.

Live and that live doesn't mean live and let promote.

This anti-trans shit is just that, bullshit. Nobody is forcing your kids to be gay or trans.

All this shit is distraction. Follow the shiny object while all of our politicians are openly bribed by the wealthiest Americans (and some non-Americans). Keep giving a shit about what gender someone claims to be, or who they want to have consensual sex with, while all the Supreme Court justices are paid off by those same wealthy elites.

They just keep fucking 99% of the population because they have conservatives worked up about gay shit, literally, and liberals having to pushback against all the legislation introduced to curtail their rights or ban books about it.

People being gay or trans doesn’t have any negative impact on your life. None. Start worrying about real shit.

And who gives a shit what Target does?

All this culture war bullshit is a distraction. Go out of your way to meet a trans or gay person and talk to them for 10 minutes. You will see there is no nefarious plot to turn your kids gay. Nobody who is actually gay or trans would wish that struggle upon some poor kid.

Any truly straight person who sees gay merch is going to shudder. Something like:

<{clintugh}>
any truly straight person is not gonna care or think about what another man does with his ding dong...if all it takes is a rainbow shirt to make you think of gay sex, I have news for you, son....

This anti-trans shit is just that, bullshit. Nobody is forcing your kids to be gay or trans.

All this shit is distraction. Follow the shiny object while all of our politicians are openly bribed by the wealthiest Americans (and some non-Americans). Keep giving a shit about what gender someone claims to be, or who they want to have consensual sex with, while all the Supreme Court justices are paid off by those same wealthy elites.

They just keep fucking 99% of the population because they have conservatives worked up about gay shit, literally, and liberals having to pushback against all the legislation introduced to curtail their rights or ban books about it.

People being gay or trans doesn’t have any negative impact on your life. None. Start worrying about real shit.

All this culture war bullshit is a distraction. Go out of your way to meet a trans or gay person and talk to them for 10 minutes. You will see there is no nefarious plot to turn your kids gay. Nobody who is actually gay or trans would wish that struggle upon some poor kid.
Most conservatives are just closeted homosexuals/transexuals, I think the movie "American Beauty" did a good job depicting it but yeah I think people obsess over this shit too much anyways. Seeing a gay person on tv is not gonna turn anyone gay or trans, people are born with those feelings and I don't see why they have to suppress them if it doesn't harm anyone.

Any truly straight person who sees gay merch is going to shudder. Something like:

<{clintugh}>
I'm so straight it made me puke my fucking guts out

fd556db3d8a7eafd943430fb7483f1c5.gif

I'm so straight it made me puke my fucking guts out

fd556db3d8a7eafd943430fb7483f1c5.gif
you didn't have to tell us that it made you so horny that you had to blow your bf in the parking lot.....

sorry bro, that gif was just asking for it<RomeroSalute>

Target shot itself in the foot. My son worked there last year, and they paid him to act like a bouncer. They took him off stock and had him make sure employees were safe because of "backlash" from the gay merchandise they put on displays as soon as you walk in the store. He had not 1 incident the whole month. He said most people just shook their heads, and the area was always empty. Target didn't sell the mech, that is the problem. They took a whole section and filled it with over the top gay slogan T shirts and Trans clothing. The slogans were over the top, not just Gay Pride...but GAY AF, Trans AF, Trans at birth etc. They went all in but didn't do the math....they alienated a large buyer base to cater to a tiny percentage that didn't like the merch. If they had a few Pride T shirts no one would have given a shit, but the merch was over the top and stupid. They had children's bathing suits with a pocket to tuck a penis. Lots of trans/LBGTQ baby onesies. The slogans were crude. You have to know your base but also know the base you are targeting. Not all Gays want to be a billboard.
Yeah no shit. Catering to some fringe, deranged <1% of the population is typically not a great idea. Even if the 20% or so sympathisers are very, very loud and aggressive.

People lost it because lgbt took over the rainbow. Imagine if they did the same for camo gear??? Dudes at deer camp would be outed!

I feel really guilty about this as I buy all my straight pride clothing at the same place.

Your post is self-contradictory. On the one hand you say this issue doesn't matter at all and conservatives have just been worked up about it and on the other hand you say Democrats spend all their time fighting against the issue so they can't focus on the things that matter. Obviously these issues matter to you or you wouldn't think Democrats should spend time fighting against it....

I think there are legitimate concerns around the trans issue, although I think the Republicans are often bigoted in coming to their positions. But the fact is kids are being harmed and it's about time everybody recognize that.

The main reason healthy discussions don't happen on this issue in the states is because of the bigoted right and the bigoted left fighting it out instead of thinking about these issues intelligently.

If we could do that we could walk and chew gum at the same time.

You dumb dumb. Target's operating budget is a little over $100 billion. If they locked the doors for two weeks, they are only out about $4 billion. The stock just bounces around depending on so many things, aside from selling LGBT merchandise. You are just assigning a reason to something because you want to, not that there wasn't anything inherent with coming out the pandemic. The company is up over 300% since 2017, which is incredible for a big box retailer. At one point they were over 500%, which was due for a correction.
You are a special kind of stupid. What do you do for a living? ANY loss is bad for a company. There are a dozen articles even from leftist orgs stating the facts. Yes, they are back, but that stock drop had NOTHING to do with the Pandemic. That store thrived during the Pandemic like Walmart did. There WAS a backlash same as Bud Light. I am just saying I don't think there really was violence because of it. Just because you're ok with pushing an agenda does not mean mainstream America is. Most of America thinks Gay baby clothes is wrong. They claim they are pulling merch because of employee safety. That is bullshit. It is financial. It is ALWAYS financial. They didn;t sell the stuff, AND they faced bud light type backlash.

I skimmed through the comments here. I actually looked up the tuck friendly swimwear for children. That isn't quite true. https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-target-swimsuits-transgender-pride-collection-892500330955

No joke I was laughing my ass off because I just wanted to see wtf tuck friendly clothing is. It's just a swimsuit for fat ladies. They just slap a label tuck friendly to market to different people. It is the ugliest conservative swimsuit design. I thought I was going to see the Borat special.

This is all true. But it isn't just Gay Merch at Target. We are being distracted and divided by every issue with a left and a right. College campuses are seeing it right now. All of a sudden you can chase Jewish students around campus? WTF? What do they have to do with Gaza? All the while thousands of migrants are being quietly put into towns that are already struggling with homeless and drug issues. Inflation has hurt the middle class more than in any other time in history. But here we are fighting about a baby onesie with gay slogans. But I am in marketing and sales, and I am interested in social ramifications on bottom lines. I have ZERO issues with gays or trans. But I can see why people would be upset with a Target selling and marketing to kids. I will disagree that there is not an agenda by some to push stuff that some are not comfortable with towards kids. Why would a drag queen want to read to kids? Why would target sell a pop up book about trans to little kids? Is that necessary? They got rid of it, but it was there.

Back