Taylor Swift dancer accused of supporting white supremacy

Taylor Swift is trying to get an article pulled; are you saying you are a fan of that?

First amendment rights should be extended to humans only.

Celebrity "journalists" don't qualify. Fuck if you're writing a blog about celebs I wouldn't even classify you as a mammal.

First amendment rights should be extended to humans only.

Celebrity "journalists" don't qualify. Fuck if you're writing a blog about celebs I wouldn't even classify you as a mammal.
I would favor the libel defense, here, myself, but different strokes, I guess.

I don't really know what going on here, but on topic. I like that pic of Tay Tay bending over.

article-2653163-1E9BC17B00000578-713_634x422.jpg

Let me see if I can paint a picture...

I imagine looking at the top half of that blonde head over the plane of her bare ass would be much like watching a golden sunset sink behind an endless flat horizon.

No, she's suing for libel for the article irresponsibly linking her to white supremacists. Those kinds of accusations can be quite damaging. You're acting like the article called her fat, or stupid.

No, she's suing for libel for the article irresponsibly linking her to white supremacists. Those kinds of accusations can be quite damaging. You're acting like the article called her fat, or stupid.
The article doesn't claim that she's a white supremacist or that she consciously plays to them, just that some of her lyrics and aesthetics resonate with them and that her silence on politics facilitates that. I read the ACLU letter, seems to make a convincing case that the blog post is protected speech and it cites the relevant cases to back up the argument. She's a public figure so libel laws are less protective of her. I doubt she wins.

Last edited:
The article doesn't claim that she's a white supremacist or that she consciously plays to them

Actually it does. I read the entire article(and am now dumber for doing so. Good God, what is wrong with these types?), and it clearly states at the end of the article that Swift's silence on the matter is calculated. This was after 9000 paragraphs of painting her as supporter of white supremacy, and that her lyrics are intentionally geared toward them.

Now, that might not actually matter. The ACLU is merely defending the right for the blogger to have that opinion. Where it gets sticky, is if that published opinion caused Swift any damages, personally or professionally, which I most certainly think could be argued by her lawyers. I don't know how protected rumor spreading is under the guise of free speech, when it does real damage.

For instance, let's say I get fired, and I'm pissed, so I spread carefully worded rumors through a blog, implying that my former boss is a pedophile. If it ends up doing any real damage to him, I believe I'm getting sued, and I believe I'm going to lose.

I'm no lawyer though, so whatever. I just believe she has a case. It would be interesting to see it play out. I doubt it goes very far though.

Actually it does. I read the entire article(and am now dumber for doing so. Good God, what is wrong with these types?), and it clearly states at the end of the article that Swift's silence on the matter is calculated. This was after 9000 paragraphs of painting her as supporter of white supremacy, and that her lyrics are intentionally geared toward them.
Personally I think it is as well but its not because she's a white supremacist but rather that she strives to be an all inclusive pop star. Anyway, that claim on its face doesn't mean she's a white supremacist.
Now, that might not actually matter. The ACLU is merely defending the right for the blogger to have that opinion. Where it gets sticky, is if that published opinion caused Swift any damages, personally or professionally, which I most certainly think could be argued by her lawyers. I don't know how protected rumor spreading is under the guise of free speech.
If its an opinion its protected either way.
Let's say I get fired, and I'm pissed, so I spread carefully worded rumors through a blog, implying that my former boss is a pedophile. If it ends up doing any real damage to him, I believe I'm getting sued, and I believe I'm going to lose.

I'm no lawyer though, so whatever. I just believe she has a case. It would be interesting to see it play out. I doubt it goes very far though.
Is your boss a public figure? If not, he'd have a stronger case than Taylor Swift.

I doubt she has a case. If this was the UK maybe it'd be different but in the US where we have stronger free speech protections such opinions are protected.

Yeah, and don't forget Taylor Swift took the spot light away from a very talented African American recording artist when he was trying to protest the injustice of the MTV Awards robbing another African American recording artist of her rightful due for Best Female Video. We have to stand up to this kind of systemic oppression and injustice.

Kanye is in league with the Alcu who have the best lawsuits ever.

Back