Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 replies wtf lol. On this?

Someone give me a quick recap what was discussed in this thread.
despite new evidence that the original clip was spread by a propaganda twitter handle set out of the country by a group of fascists, mainstream media fails to retract accordingly.

The doxxing and public lynching by celebs and TDS affected crazies are nowhere to be found. They called for blood at the school, for the kid and his family. Now we sit here and hope that the legal system finally does something. Twitter (the acting arm of Nazi age propaganda) needs to pay along with CNN, MSN and Yahoo who made no attempt to fact check.

2000 replies wtf lol. On this?

Someone give me a quick recap what was discussed in this thread.
Pretty simply really. White Kids bad....Beat up White Kids please...Wait a minute, maybe White Kids not bad after all...Ok, apparently White Kids are still bad just not in this instance...then again, they are inherently bad so this instance still counts...Oh, so this instance actually doesn't count...we still get to make this instance count toward White Kids bad right?...fine, White Kids not as bad as initially reported but still bad because...***MSM*** "Oooops, look over there!" (runs away).

Pretty simply really. White Kids bad....Beat up White Kids please...Wait a minute, maybe White Kids not bad after all...Ok, apparently White Kids are still bad just not in this instance...then again, they are inherently bad so this instance still counts...Oh, so this instance actually doesn't count...we still get to make this instance count toward White Kids bad right?...fine, White Kids not as bad as initially reported but still bad because...***MSM*** "Oooops, look over there!" (runs away).
This is actually incredibly accurate

They should leave it alone.

@nac386 should have a right to title his thread for how he sees the incident. And it's now part of the debate. I don't think it should be changed now.

Cause then we'd have nothing to argue about.

This thread is still going strong I see. I was busy this weekend, but got like 20 new notifications yesterday. Some were reasonable, some were ridiculous.

I updated the OP with my opinion on the matter. I do not have the ability to modify the title of the thread, but the mods checked the title and said it was accurate.

Unless the guy is not a veteran, I still believe it's accurate, and it appears that most posters from both sides of the aisle have agreed that the kids were mocking and disrespectful, even while defending the kids. But to give the thread a more rounded feel I can ask for the title to be changed. That way everybody can come in fresh and come to a sensible conclusion.

@Lead can we change the title to: Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips?

hi there p4pgoat,

when all is said and done, i hold the kids pretty blameless. i think, yes, they were mocking the indian elder with their chants and tomahawk gestures, but like you said, they're kids.

i'm more curious about who the Hebrew Israelites are, and why they were cursing at the students.

i don't really blame the handful of native americans, either.

But on Sunday, Mr. Phillips clarified that it was he who had approached the crowd and that he had intervened because racial tensions — primarily between the white students and the black men — were “coming to a boiling point.”

“I stepped in between to pray,” Mr. Phillips said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/us/nathan-phillips-covington.html?module=inline

seems like a good bit of confusion on everyone's part, though again, i'm unclear who the Hebrew Israelites are and what was being said that started the whole confrontation.

here's where you go off the rails, sadly.

the short version of the video should make anyone uncomfortable. i don't think its a partisan thing to be unhappy to see a crowd of high school students making fun of a few American Indians. that's not a left or right thing. at least, i hope its not.

the media i follow clarified the story immediately.

that's not always the case, so you know. when the House Benghazi Report found no fault with Sec of State Clinton, it was startling how Fox almost redacted that bit of news from their cable segments, after going 24/7 with Benghazi hearings.

- IGIT

Nobody really seems to care what anybody else is saying. They have been rabid for several days now, on both sides. Obviously the Twitter crowd is the most insane, and the calls to violence or naming the kids is just crazy. But even the posters criticizing Twitter on this board have been going overboard for days. They began to paint the old man as some sort of intimidator from an Indian terrorist group almost immediately. As if an elderly man with a drum singing a song could possibly be interpreted as a threatening action.

In the end, I didn't see the old man do anything wrong at all, not in the least. I saw some kids being rude and disrespectful to an old frail guy, which does not sit well with me. I lean towards respecting your elders. But hey, in this thread a poster told me that respecting elders was "1920s farm culture" and to "get in my time machine" if I care about those values. That post of his was liked by a handful of the guys in this thread. Weird.

Now, like I've said a bunch of times, that does not mean the kids should be being attacked the way they are. What has transpired is just ridiculous, and in some cases disturbing. Hey, I was also insulted by right wing posters by calling the response "disturbing" Lol.

Here is that post:

lol at anything disturbing happening in that that video or on twitter. You are such a tool and drama queen. I hope you get over your "deep disturbance".

Elderly people deserve respect? You have the morality of a farmer from the 1920s. You must be old. You are certainly old fashioned and subscribe to herd morality.

Click that post, and look at the posters who "liked" that. Aren't those all the same guys freaking out about Twitter comments? Then ask yourself since when is it not disturbing to threaten kids? Since when is it only "1920s famers" who respect old people?

So a lot of the, "How dare you!" posts in this thread ring pretty hallow to me, to say the least. I think they are more interested in insults than anything else.

This thread is still going strong I see. I was busy this weekend, but got like 20 new notifications yesterday. Some were reasonable, some were ridiculous.

I updated the OP with my opinion on the matter. I do not have the ability to modify the title of the thread, but the mods checked the title and said it was accurate.

Unless the guy is not a veteran, I still believe it's accurate, and it appears that most posters from both sides of the aisle have agreed that the kids were mocking and disrespectful, even while defending the kids. But to give the thread a more rounded feel I can ask for the title to be changed. That way everybody can come in fresh and come to a sensible conclusion.

@Lead can we change the title to: Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips?

Nobody really seems to care what anybody else is saying. They have been rabid for several days now, on both sides. Obviously the Twitter crowd is the most insane, and the calls to violence or naming the kids is just crazy. But even the posters criticizing Twitter on this board have been going overboard for days. They began to paint the old man as some sort of intimidator from an Indian terrorist group almost immediately. As if an elderly man with a drum singing a song could possibly be interpreted as a threatening action.

In the end, I didn't see the old man do anything wrong at all, not in the least. I saw some kids being rude and disrespectful to an old frail guy, which does not sit well with me. I lean towards respecting your elders. But hey, in this thread a poster told me that respecting elders was "1920s farm culture" and to "get in my time machine" if I care about those values. That post of his was liked by a handful of the guys in this thread. Weird.

Now, like I've said a bunch of times, that does not mean the kids should be being attacked the way they are. What has transpired is just ridiculous, and in some cases disturbing. Hey, I was also insulted by right wing posters by calling the response "disturbing" Lol.

Here is that post:

Click that post, and look at the posters who "liked" that. Aren't those all the same guys freaking out about Twitter comments? Then ask yourself since when is it not disturbing to threaten kids? Since when is it only "1920s famers" who respect old people?

So a lot of the, "How dare you!" posts in this thread ring pretty hallow to me, to say the least. I think they are more interested in insults than anything else.

I think it has to do with how phony you come across. Nobody is buying it, that's it. You posted this hysterical thread about "Maga Hat Kids" (buzzwords btw) with a specific narrative in mind. When that didn't work out you tried to shift it into "disrepecting the elderly", I can agree to some extent, but at what point does being "elderly" give you the right to walk up to someone and bang a drum in your face. This was also after you that fact that you first tried to pass it of as this poor elderly man just wanted to walk up the stairs and was being blocked by these "Maga Hat Kids". You're all over the place trying to scramble something together to avoid the fact that you bought a fake story hook line and sinker.

"As if an elderly man with a drum singing a song could possibly be interpreted as a threatening action."

Give me a break. Histrionics btw.

I think it has to do with how phony you come across. Nobody is buying it, that's it. You posted this hysterical thread about "Maga Hat Kids" (buzzwords btw) with a specific narrative in mind. When that didn't work out you tried to shift it into "disrepecting the elderly", I can agree to some extent, but at what point does being "elderly" give you the right to walk up to someone and bang a drum in your face. This was also after you that fact that you first tried to pass it of as this poor elderly man just wanted to walk up the stairs and was being blocked by these "Maga Hat Kids". You're all over the place trying to scramble something together to avoid the fact that you bought a fake story hook line and sinker.

"As if an elderly man with a drum singing a song could possibly be interpreted as a threatening action."

You liked a post that admonished basic respect for your elders and mocked the very idea that the Twitter a backlash was disturbing...because of me? That’s bizarre.

You should not be so quick to abandon your principles for spite, if you have any principles at all.

I wouldn't blame @nac386 too much..

A lot of us (myself included) fell for this 20 sec clip and the thumbnail caption depicting a smug looking white kid.
It was perfect media manipulation...

I'm still ashamed I fell for it. Normally I question shit like this.

the kids were mocking and disrespectful, even while defending the kids.

Let it go buddy, you helped spread fake news just come to terms with it. Also this Phillip "war veteran" seems to go around making bullshit up

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/nat...harassment-by-emu-students-dressed-as-indians

Phillips says he was bombarded with racial slurs.
"(They said) 'Go back to the reservation, you blank indian,'" he said.
One student, he says, threw a beer can at him.
"If I would have stayed where I was at, it would have hit me in the head," he said. "I backed up and it hit me in the chest."

Seems every white student is out to get poor Phillips

EDIT: I'll let this post stand, although at this point it appears that it was the old guy who deserves the paddlin'. I, like the paddle itself, do not discriminate.

You with me @luckyshot ?

I'm with you. Everyone gets a paddlin' now.

A lot of us (myself included) fell for this 20 sec clip and the thumbnail caption depicting a smug looking white kid.

Agree. It's too bad that this story went viral before the full facts were know.

To be clear, the kids, I think, were still acting like brats, but there are plenty of extenuating factors.

There is a lot of negative fallout from this:

1. The kids and school got a bunch of threats (that were never appropriate, for the record, no matter what their behavior was like.)
2. Now the kids are getting made into some types of heroes by the right, which is also inappropriate.
3. People will have the excuse to look at any video clip in the future and just disregard it because "media manipulation." It will lead towards greater divergence in accepted narratives.

BUT, I will also say, the media is in a difficult circumstance here. In 2019 when a story goes viral on social media, that itself is news, so the MSM has to cover it when it happens.

Then more footage turns up and their coverage turned out to be incomplete... the most they can do is offer a sincere follow up.

But still, some people will never accept that their initial mistake was honest (although some of these same people will accept something like a Project Veritas hit job totally uncritically).

Confirmation bias run amok on both sides.

It's just a mess.

Last edited:

Yes, that was my point. Partaking in "news stories" like these, the Twitter "hot take", you often end up with these results. The damage posting a story like this could possibly do to the particiapants isn't some sort of joke. That's why I think it's very important to point out, that it's simply not only the fact that the story ended up the way it did that's the issue, but posting this thread to begin with is something that's inherently bad. That's my problem with @nac386

There is no physical altercation, no racial slurs in this video. Only a hat. That's why a bunch of false narratives needed to be concoted to indict these kids. Smiling becomes a crime initself if we can just indict the person for being white.

I posted a big story as it was being covered by the NYT, Time, Washington Post, etc. I sourced it, and updated my opinion as facts came in. You know, like normal people do.

A few of these guys are obviously more interested in some kind of insult-fest than anything else. It's made clear in their posts that they are not remaining consistent. Just look at the one I posted a minute ago, and look at the posters who liked that. I said the kids should not be attacked for this, and they got mad. I said kids should respect old people, and they got mad. It's hard to even understand what their stance is, beyond the anger and insults.

Yes, that was my point. Partaking in "news stories" like these, the Twitter "hot take", you often end up with these results. The damage posting a story like this could possibly do to the particiapants isn't some sort of joke. That's why I think it's very important to point out, that it's simply not only the fact that the story ended up the way it did that's the issue, but posting this thread to begin with is something that's inherently bad. That's my problem with @nac386

There is no physical altercation, no racial slurs in this video. Only a hat. That's why a bunch of false narratives needed to be concoted to indict these kids. Smiling becomes a crime initself if we can just indict the person for being white.

Creating a discussion thread on a NYT article is bad?

You are going way off the rails here. The entire point of a discussion forum is to discuss news stories. As more facts came in, people could respond to those facts in the thread. That is exactly what happened with this thread, just like every other ongoing story. The idea that we should not discuss one of the biggest stories in the country is nonsensical.

Anyone still supporting MAGA is bad. Shouldn't be threatened with violence though

@nac386 consistently a fair-minded, humane poster, imo. Seeing the initial video and one old guy surrounded by a crowd of kids acting like brats sparked an impulse to speak against such disrespect.

Sure, the context of this story changed as more information came out. Everyone has learned a lesson about how an isolated video clip doesn't always tell the whole story, but the initial impulse to defend someone who (seems to be) getting bullied is still a basically good impulse, I think. Not something someone should be criticized for.

Last edited:
you guys got 2 jets flown into 2 skyscrapers, and another collapsed due to said jets. If you think all that happened was a war in another country you are insane. The WoT changed the entire western world for the worst. Obama didnt cause anything, he just didnt fix the issues like he promised he would.

Begrudging like.

I posted a big story as it was being covered by the NYT, Time, Washington Post, etc. I sourced it, and updated my opinion as facts came in. You know, like normal people do.

A few of these guys are obviously more interested in some kind of insult-fest than anything else. It's made clear in their posts that they are not remaining consistent. Just look at the one I posted a minute ago, and look at the posters who liked that. I said the kids should not be attacked for this, and they got mad. I said kids should respect old people, and they got mad. It's hard to even understand what their stance is, beyond the anger and insults.

BS. You went for the quick likes and drama factor. You look like a complete bitch for doing it.

Patty Heaton Eviscerates Media For Their Attacks On Covington Kids
gettyimages-902941896.jpg

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4246...e=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mjk

Read the rest in link, it's 7 tweets long.

<{anton}>

In the future, please don't post anything to do with Patricia Heaton without at least one pic of her big, heavy, meaty tits.

Patricia-Heaton-with-cross-794x1200.jpg

Patricia_Heaton_0016.jpg

b82485b47d99e13ba2f4f9cab87f6461.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back