Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleasently surprised by how wide spread the clarification has been. Allot of times we see the outrage, followed by the full story coming out with 1/10th the volume of the original outrage.

hi ho Mr. Viva,

yep, that's always the case - though its far more prevalent in news sources that make their ideological pitch right out there in the open, TownHall.com style.

- IGIT

Wow . . . this is freaking sad. All of these people are so attached to their hate they don't want the other side to even get a chance . . .

Just check out some of the responses.

lol they just keep digging trying to find stuff against the kids to save face and continue to fail

MAGA!

They had a mob mentality. Even the white lady says it on video while it's occurring, and she's white so u have to believe her.
That hole is going to be to China when you’re done

You bias is so thick and obvious. You are fooling nobody.

You can clearly see the agenda. You clearly see the narratives being pushed, but you make excuses and say... But my enn pee argh.

Are you sure?

I think he is just defending the NYT's. Let's be real, the NYT's is vastly superior to fox news or CNN, or the WP.

I read the American Conservative Magazine despite it's obvious bias. The NYT is very similiar. It has bias, but it at least still tries to be journalism, and not click bait.

Wow . . . this is freaking sad. All of these people are so attached to their hate they don't want the other side to even get a chance . . .

Comb over, MAGA hats, Kentucky.....
I bet this kid is a beacon of racial harmony.
#GetOffTheSteps

#GetOffTheSteps

You’re right. Their education should look like this from now on in order to remedy their prejudices. Are you available to be a teacher at Covington?

Christ. Those comments are hideous and beyond ignorant. They are even posting the fake video posted by that racist girl

Crazy how many people think this way.

#GetOffTheSteps

Tons of people have come forward recounting all the racism and misogyny they have experienced while attending that school or participating at a sports event at the school.

This month has really exposed how dishonest and wrong the media is. They where wrong about the Jazmine Barnes murderer, they where wrong about the Cohen report and now this. The left has got three strikes this month.
The only standards the left have is double standards. They claim there is no bias either, youtube/google claims it's neutral and doesn't target conservative views etc. Blue checkmarks spew complete garbage and go completely unscathed from their corporate masters.

Verified users threaten to murder, physically assault minor teens - and keep their accounts. It's almost as if the mainstream social media platforms are controlled in the same manner as the mainstream legacy media. If only we can connect the dots. . . these people aren't about fairness or being balanced and don't follow the rules, they are crooks, they cheat and will do whatever it takes to win.

Are you sure?

I think he is just defending the NYT's. Let's be real, the NYT's is vastly superior to fox news or CNN, or the WP.

I read the American Conservative Magazine despite it's obvious bias. The NYT is very similiar. It has bias, but it at least still tries to be journalism, and not click bait.

The NYT is solid, an ideologically crazed (leftist) outlet wouldn't have something like this published, and of course it was attacked by ideologically crazed leftists. The goofy shitheads, dude is only among the most prolific active geneticists - if not the most prolific - in the world right now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/23/opinion/sunday/genetics-race.html

Oh, I agree 100%.

To a large degree, though, we made this choice back in the 1987 when the Reagan FCC eliminated the "Fairness Doctrine." We decided that we would let market forces drive news coverage, and this is the result.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine

The same market incentives that gave Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity huge national platforms enable-- some would say force-- media outlets to cover the Twitter-sphere today. When we deregulated news coverage, we decided that media organizations were not to attempt to behave as custodians of public interest, but to provide the type of information that is most in demand by their consumers. As this thread shows (2,000 plus posts) cultural outrage and the resultant backlash is what democratic, popular media consumption demands.

So, it's easy to "tut-tut" the media and ignore that it is the public appetites for outrage and immediacy that forces them into the style of coverage.What are our alternatives? Change our consumption demands (some would say this is tantamount to changing human nature) or go back to regulating coverage with something like a modern "Fairness doctrine" (all the same regulatory objections that prevailed in 1987 are still present, though).

To quote an unpopular but quite true argument: "What the public is interested in is not always in the public interest."

See above. Media is reacting to market forces that demand immediacy, narrative, and outrage.

The fairness doctrine has nothing to do with the outright lies the media pushed nor their current attempt to spin the truth after the facts came out.

Tons of people have come forward recounting all the racism and misogyny they have experienced while attending that school or participating at a sports event at the school.

Yea. Like the racist blonde girls video

How many times can you be duped by all this shit?

Misogyny while attending that school?

Care to substantiate what you're saying?

Are you sure?

the NYT is somewhat sane compared to CNN, but do you just read their online articles or print as well?

Anytime I hear NYT or LAT, I'm thinking dead media.

aGeVNUC.png

the NYT is somewhat sane compared to CNN, but do you just read their online articles or print as well?

Anytime I hear NYT or LAT, I'm thinking dead media.

This was definitely a mistake. Hard for anyone to get too upset though considering her insatiable love for pink peeners.

The-New-York-Times-is-super-racist-slime-Meet-Sarah-Jeong-Anti-White-Racist-Editor-at-the-NYT-VIVISXN-Culture-Wars-NYT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back