Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTFO you idiot, Black Panther Party...another scary word for you red hat wearing racists. You'd be wearing your white gowns if Trump didn't give you a new suit. The hat will forever be remembered as the new racist symbol, and you fucking morons will be shoved back in the closet where you belong.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Covington Catholic officials did not respond to multiple requests from Religion News Service for comment.

They released a joint statement with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington Saturday afternoon.

“We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C.,” the statement read. “We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person. The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion. We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.”

Chase Iron Eyes, lead counsel for the Lakota Peoples Law Project and a spokesperson for the Indigenous Peoples Movement, witnessed the encounter.

In an interview with RNS, Iron Eyes said Phillips and several others were closing out the ceremonies of the Indigenous Peoples March by blessing the grounds of the Lincoln Memorial when they were approached by 30 or 40 teenaged boys.

Iron Eyes said the student group had been harassing others in the area. Phillips attempted to defuse the situation by offering a song, “trying to get young people to listen.” Iron Eyes called the AIM Song, associated with the 1970s American Indian Movement, a “spiritual symbol,” saying the wordless melody “is meant for all of us to sing.”

“To have our elders who are closing out, you know, a beautiful day — one that started kind of chilly and cold, but the sun came out and joined us and blessed us — to have them go through that was a particularly egregious ordeal,” he said.

Iron Eyes called the students’ behavior “unfortunate and sad.” He said they were following the example of President Trump.

“They’re just responding to a president that is giving license to racists and bigots who have no place in our society,” he said.

Still, he expressed concern for the students.

“I wouldn’t even wish ill will on those kids,” he said.

The Archdiocese of Cincinnati also criticized the students’ actions, tweeting that “incident at the March 4 Life was unfortunate & regrettable.”

According to Indian Country Today, Phillips is a former director of the Native Youth Alliance and holds an annual ceremony honoring Native American veterans in the Arlington National Cemetery.

A separate clip posted to Twitter appears to show him emotionally reacting to the encounter.

“I heard them saying ‘build that wall.’ This is indigenous land — we’re not supposed to have walls here; we never did,” he said. “Before anybody else came here, we never had walls.… We always took care of our elders, took care of our children.”

-----------------------------------------

These fucking kids did not just pick this up, it was taught to them by their inbred parents, and Im sure it will be taught generations on down the line.

Another non thinking low IQ herd animal with shit for brains.
Whats it like being this stupid? Does it hurt?

Last edited:
It's not the hat you moron.

It's what the hat represents.

What does the hat represent? A political ideology you don't agree with? You don't get to demonize a clothing item then claim anyone wearing it is a demon. Weirdo.

Still...why care? Why not just chuckle inside and think about what morons the fools must be? It sounds like you just want to be able to tell people what they can wear and what to think.
People can wear whatever they want dude. Wear a dress, wear a cape, wear blackface, wear a t-shirt say "I'm with Stupid", wear a hat supporting a terrible person.

Of course people can wear MAGA hats, and of course I am gonna think they are an idiot or an asshole. Probably both.

What does the hat represent? A political ideology you don't agree with? You don't get to demonize a clothing item and then claim anyone wearing it is a demon. Weirdo.
What is with you guys and playing dumb?

However, as this story hit the mainstream cycle it has become clear that the backlash has far outweighed the actions of the kids.

The only reason there is such backlash is because before the days of digital, people did this shit all the time and got away with it. It also demonstrates how little people actually care about what they are campaigning for, they just want to attack anyone to feel bigger than the backwoods nobody they are.

Better.

I also don't see how those kids owned anyone but themselves. The first video made them look like racist assholes. The other videos put things in context, but they still seem like assholes.

The hats are really not a good choice if you are trying to look respectable.
The first video is fake news so bringing that up as some sort of win by you might mean that you have some % of down syndrome.

The hats are just hats and snowflakes like yourself, the stolen valor lying Chief and the black racists are just going to have to deal with it.

How does it feel though that the white teenage kids didn't verbally abuse, attack, crowd around and taunt or blocked the fake ass Vietnam vet Chief?

How does it feel that the white teenagers said nothing racist nor bullied the black supremacists?

How does it feel to be a cretin?

Last edited:
People on the left ARE generally good people. A few extreme examples do not speak for everyone. I know hundreds of people you would classify as "The Left". Not one of the called for violence against these idiot kids, even when it appeared they were harassing a senior citizen.

The reason I say I am not on either side is because I don't agree with everything Left Wingers say, and I don't disagree with everything Right Wingers say.

I, like most people, am somewhere in the middle. However, of the people who have picked a side, I find the average progressive to be a generally decent person, and the average conservative to be generally an asshole.
People on the left ARE generally good people. A few extreme examples do not speak for everyone. I know hundreds of people you would classify as "The Left". Not one of the called for violence against these idiot kids, even when it appeared they were harassing a senior citizen.

The reason I say I am not on either side is because I don't agree with everything Left Wingers say, and I don't disagree with everything Right Wingers say.

I, like most people, am somewhere in the middle. However, of the people who have picked a side, I find the average progressive to be a generally decent person, and the average conservative to be generally an asshole.

people on the right are good as well and yet every time some asshole goes racist then we are all scumbags. people on the left have been calling guys like me every name in the book for two years now because of 'a few ignorant people.' hell, you did the same thing in this thread. almost every high profile left celeb or someone with a huge platform has said countless disrespectful things.

just because a few of your friends are nice people does not mean that side isnt filled with assholes like the right.

and just to let you know, when you have two sides and you scumbag name call a group while talking good about the other side, it doesnt look good when you try to convince everyone and yourself that youre somehow 'in the middle'. youre not.

People can wear whatever they want dude. Wear a dress, wear a cape, wear blackface, wear a t-shirt say "I'm with Stupid", wear a hat supporting a terrible person.

Of course people can wear MAGA hats, and of course I am gonna think they are an idiot or an asshole. Probably both.

Do you find more and more people that hang with you wearing I'm with stupid T shirts?

The first video is fake news so bringing that up as some sort of win by you might mean that you have some % of down syndrome.

The hats are just hats and snowflakes like yourself, the stolen valor lying Chief and the black racists are just going to have to deal with it.

How does it feel though that the white teenage kids didn't verbally abuse, attack, crowd around and taunt or blocked the fake ass Vietnam vet Chief?

How does it feel that the white teenagers said nothing racist nor bullied the black supremacists?

How does it feel to a cretin?
You are a strange man.

Remember when I said that all the students in that Covington High video likely have more Native American DNA than Elizabeth Warren?

Capture.png

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...family-responds-to-stolen-valor-shame-on-him/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back