RBR Teofimo Lopez vs Jamaine Ortiz Feb.8th ESPN

117-111 for teo? the fuck kind of card is that?

the fight was close, could've gone either way, but that card is just rubbish. what the fuck was the guy watching?

and bradley was his usual retarded self, nothing surprising about that.

Which is why I scored the fight for Ortiz. No, I'm giving Ortiz credit for a fight he should've won while understandably criticizing his performance. It was a non-performance. He didn't come to fight, Teo did. Ortiz fought not to lose. Shakur did beat DLS and I criticized him for the exact same shit as Ortiz.

Yet Ortiz threw twice as many punches as Shakur and just as many as Teo. He did fight, just not the style you like. Just confirms what a casual you are.

Yet Ortiz threw twice as many punches as Shakur and just as many as Teo. He did fight, just not the style you like. Just confirms what a casual you are.
So you're now frustrated with the fact that I've been consistent all the while? Laughable.

It's not just about punch count. A lot of those shots from Ortiz were quick little flurries thrown sporadically. You can go back and count them yourself. There were long delays between when he'd throw. Big gaps. He fought in spurts regardless of his total number of punches thrown which was still lower than the JWW average. That and he went in with a gameplan to eke out a boring decision victory.

im convinced that Teofimo just had a magical night against Lomachenko because ever since then he has been extremely inconsistent. you honestly never know what to expect from the guy. i cant really call myself a fan of his for a lot of reasons, that being the biggest one.

Didn't get to watch the fight but I notice on the YouTube highlights top rank put out, most of the comments are people bashing Ortiz and saying he lost compared to here lol

im convinced that Teofimo just had a magical night against Lomachenko because ever since then he has been extremely inconsistent. you honestly never know what to expect from the guy. i cant really call myself a fan of his for a lot of reasons, that being the biggest one.
Very overrated performance that came down to loma having a bad performance being overly cautious and afraid of teos power more than teo being as good as everyone said he was. The Taylor performance is overrated too because Taylor is past his peak and was never really as good as some people were making him out to be anyways

Keyshawn looked fuckin' good but I went to bed during round 7 of the Teo fight. That was so boring.

Keyshawn looked fuckin' good but I went to bed during round 7 of the Teo fight. That was so boring.
It’s Become the new standard for big/talked about fights.

Shouldn’t feel spoiled when a fight turns out good, they’re all supposed to be good, I used to be more positive about this but it’s gotten harder and harder to make time to watch just to be bored to death.

Me too & I talked to 2 friends this morning who said they passed out right at the end of the 6th as well lmao.
The only thing worse than boring ass main events are when the dumbest people on the forum crying robbery after EVERY fight.

Like the fight was so boring and hard to score at times no fan should really care that much about who got the nod.

Very overrated performance that came down to loma having a bad performance being overly cautious and afraid of teos power more than teo being as good as everyone said he was. The Taylor performance is overrated too because Taylor is past his peak and was never really as good as some people were making him out to be anyways
Loma was too cautious. not sure why but it cost him dearly as Teo took full advantage of that. i dunno, Taylor's not a bad win but this Ortiz fight along with the Martin fight are just weird performances.

i went back and watched that Abdullah Mason KO - wow that was a good one. one hitta quitta.

If this were haney. It would've been scored 10 2 against Teo.

This fight seemed similar to stevenson-de los Santos.

Walking forward doing nothing and never landing any punches of magnitude other than immediately after a headbutt is telling.

Loma was too cautious. not sure why but it cost him dearly as Teo took full advantage of that. i dunno, Taylor's not a bad win but this Ortiz fight along with the Martin fight are just weird performances.

i went back and watched that Abdullah Mason KO - wow that was a good one. one hitta quitta.

Teo needs his opponents to come at him. He struggles against cyclists.

117-111 lol

Teo needs a trainer who can teach him footwork and how to work his way in.

Perhaps ESPN should just not do Thursday Night Fights. Clearly they're cursed.

Ortiz boxed exceptionally well and engaged Lopez more than enough for Lopez to win comfortably if he did not have such a glaring weakness. This fight is a perfect example of why pressure\ come forward fighting requires just as much skill as back foot, defensive boxing. Lopez's post fight complaining reminded me of when MMA strikers would complain about being taken down and controlled because they were unable to get up.

Lopez is great when a fighter is in front of him and willing to trade often because it puts him in the best position to use his athletisism. But he looks totally lost when it comes to the skills needed to track down , cut off and trap more fleet footed defensive style boxers. And he has the nerve to call out Crawford LOL. I would pay to see that public execution. And Haney whoops him baddddd as well. He a fighter that will look either look great or ordinary depending largely on the boxing style of his opponent.

Lopez attitude and excuses are almost as shameful as his ability to cut off the ring.

Last edited:
From like rd 7 or 8 when loma finally decided to be aggressive he pretty much swept all the rounds except the 12th. But I definitely agree
How on earth did Teo win round 10? Swept the rounds? lol. He just started chasing him even harder and hitting more air. As the dude above said. If that was Shakur or Haney they would have been given almost every round.

How on earth did Teo win round 10? Swept the rounds? lol. He just started chasing him even harder and hitting more air. As the dude above said. If that was Shakur or Haney they would have been given almost every round.
He's talking about Teo's fight against Loma. Not Teo vs Ortiz.

117-111 for teo? the fuck kind of card is that?

the fight was close, could've gone either way, but that card is just rubbish. what the fuck was the guy watching?

and bradley was his usual retarded self, nothing surprising about that.
Yeah, thats how it always seems to be. One weird judge makes a decision seem a lot worse than it is.

oh we were talkin about Teo vs Loma, not this recent fight. think you might have mixed things up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back