TEOFIMO LOPEZ & WING CHUN KUNG? CAN IT HELP HIS BOXING?

That's because you clearly don't know anything about Wing Chun. Why talk when you don't know?
Forward stance with lead lead leg as pictured is in the second form Chum Kiu. This is also considered the fighting stance.

More like anything that works is assumed by you not to be wing Chun, or at least the fantasy cardboard version of it in your head.

Nope, not wing chun

Um, yes they are. Have always been and are trained extensively.

Yes. Use your brain and look at the stance pictured, it's set up for a front kick or oblique/knee stomp kick.

Yes, it's in the wooden dummy form

Not really.
But palm striks can come down from above so there is an 'overhand' motion that can be done with the palm not the punch, in my opinion is works a lot better bare knuckle.
You overhand me without gloves and it connects wrong there's a good chance you break your little hands.

Actually always was but seldom used. WC is famous for the straight punch. Yet there is a hook used in Wing Chun but different use tactically than in boxing, and comes from off line.
Watch and update your database of what is real Wing Chun.

However if a Wing Chun man wants to employ the WC hook punch from a non typical position (ie in front facing) he is free to do so as long as he realizes the risk. If opponent is totally covered up may be one reason.

Wing Chun is 300 - 400 years old, Muay Thai is 300 - 400 years older than Wing Chun. I would say there is a high chance that people were using their elbows long before Muay Thai or Wing Chun thought it was a great idea. There were documented cases of people using elbow strikes in the 12th Century in Cambodia, before Muay Thai had become a thing. So I don't think any particular martial art can claim it as "theirs". Pradal Serey has documented its use since the 9th Century.

Of course none of the current discussion going on has anything to do with what @Tim Witherspoon asked.

Last edited:
That's because you clearly don't know anything about Wing Chun. Why talk when you don't know?
Forward stance with lead lead leg as pictured is in the second form Chum Kiu. This is also considered the fighting stance.

More like anything that works is assumed by you not to be wing Chun, or at least the fantasy cardboard version of it in your head.

Nope, not wing chun

Um, yes they are. Have always been and are trained extensively.

Yes. Use your brain and look at the stance pictured, it's set up for a front kick or oblique/knee stomp kick.

Yes, it's in the wooden dummy form

Not really.
But palm striks can come down from above so there is an 'overhand' motion that can be done with the palm not the punch, in my opinion is works a lot better bare knuckle.
You overhand me without gloves and it connects wrong there's a good chance you break your little hands.

Actually always was but seldom used. WC is famous for the straight punch. Yet there is a hook used in Wing Chun but different use tactically than in boxing, and comes from off line.
Watch and update your database of what is real Wing Chun.

However if a Wing Chun man wants to employ the WC hook punch from a non typical position (ie in front facing) he is free to do so as long as he realizes the risk. If opponent is totally covered up may be one reason.

Clearly i know something about it
I still don't see it in the second form

Clearly i know something about it
I still don't see it in the second form
Well then you are unique indeed, having an inability to see what is actually there and what is widely taught and easily observable from any video of the second form.

Back