Thank You Alexander “The Great” Volkanovski

Great run. I don't think his career is over. He looked good imo up until he was caught. He just got stalked and caught by an absolute maniac. Volk still has some wins left in the tank but he needs a lengthy lay off after 2 back to back KOs.

Great run. I don't think his career is over. He looked good imo up until he was caught. He just got stalked and caught by an absolute maniac. Volk still has some wins left in the tank but he needs a lengthy lay off after 2 back to back KOs.
It’s a tricky situation imo because he absolutely needs a layoff and time to recover, however that will also still rack up time and time isn’t on his side rn imo.

But I pray he can come and score a win then ride off into the sunset.

He can definitely still smash most people outside the top 5 but after a lengthy layoff he's coming back at age 37 and realistically not challenging for a title. I don't know if I want to see him hanging around as a gatekeeper. 37 year old Volk is not beating 29 year old Topuria

Ohh, yesterday wasn’t just a bad dream…

Fuck.

Wonder how he goes against some of the guys he's recently beaten.

Not sure how he goes against Yair and Holloway now. I think he wins one and loses one.

Wonder how he goes against some of the guys he's recently beaten.

Not sure how he goes against Yair and Holloway now. I think he wins one and loses one.
very possibly and that hurts to say.

calling his career out like a memorial service when he hasn't put up his gloves smacks of disrespect

calling his career out like a memorial service when he hasn't put up his gloves smacks of disrespect

I still think he has the tools and the belief to win a rematch. He seemed completely undeterred in the post fight presser. Not getting caught for 5 rds against Illia is a big ask though.

Well it’s been a fun run with the former FW champion.

3 wars with Max Holloway.

One of the best championship rounds in recent memory against Ortega.

A competitive fight with P4P king Islam in their first encounter.

Incredibly fun fight with Yair.

Arguably the best fighter in MMA to come out of Australia.

Thank you Alexander Volkanovski for your time at the top.

The king is dead long live the king.

Well said sir.

The king is dead.

I feel you I’m not saying he should call it a career, I’m just sad that his reign has ended.

zDkCzjx.gif

Back