That Dagestani madman was about to get KOd

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I almost got a heart attack when dustin landed that overhand right. It hit Khabib right on the chin, BOOM! Khabib never ever backed up like that, that shot could have put him away.
The guy needs to be more careful if he wants to keep winning. Why in hell would you start mini-strking battles if you can just maul people on the ground?

I almost got a heart attack when dustin landed that overhand right. It hit Khabib right on the chin, BOOM! Khabib never ever backed up like that, that shot could have put him away.
The guy needs to be more careful if he wants to keep winning. Why in hell would you start mini-strking battles if you can just maul people on the ground?
You can't be too predictable, other wise...
tenor.gif

Dustin was the man, he does better than everyone else, i'm impressed really.

Dustin was the man, he does better than everyone else, i'm impressed really.
How? He got taken down on almost all of his attempts and Khabib has always been more of a volume takedown guy, Dustin also got finished and controlled with ease.

Johnson has backed Khabib up, no big deal. Alhamdulillah!

Dustin cracked him all right. But he immediately lost all composure and started flailing haymakers instead of his usually super clean strikes. He got over excited and threw away what got him to that point and would've allowed him to capitalize on the situation.

Khabin recovered well also

He can't just relentlessly go for takedowns. That shit doesn't work in modern MMA. Khabib is one of the most one dimensional fighters at the elite level and he still has a striking game that he uses to set up shots.

Dustin can defend takedowns if it's all he has to think about, but he has to respect Khabibs hands because even though his striking isn't that good technically, he packs a punch.

I also don't think he was about to get KO'd, it definitely stunned him and if Porier landed follow up he would have been in real trouble but it just didn't happen.

Michael Johnson hurt him worse in their fight and he hits harder than Dustin too.

and lost 10-8 rounds and got battered a lot more, not getting finished doesnt = did better lol

I disagree.
Not getting finished is clearly a better performance than submitted in the 3rd or 4th round. And it's not like any of those submitted guys had caused too much trouble beforehand...

and lost 10-8 rounds and got battered a lot more, not getting finished doesnt = did better lol

For real, people are delusional about that fight. Khabib played with his food and let him off the hook.

well nobody has had ever khabib backing off like dustin has, at least in the one short sequence when he got him on the chin. That itself is an achievement against Khabib

Back