That time that Frank Shamrock made Dan Henderson scream in agony

That time Frank Shamrock made Bas Rutten question his open palm striking power..

7Kcq.gif
I’d have punched him after the 3 rd one lol

Inline skating is about as far from manly as you can get bro
What? Between punching a guy in the face or lacing up some skates to pull off some sweet moves, which is more masculine?

When I fit those skates on I felt testosterone PUMPING and I swear my bicep grew an inch. When I'm on skates, I can take out any MMA fighter, period, point blank. End of discussion. I'm just slightly tougher than them all.

Cool story , hehe really mean it too. .

BTW I don't know why I mentioned the part about hendo screaming, def not to put down hendo, he is a man's man like Fedor Fedor & don frye. I guess it was to emphasize Frank's accomplishment
He's a man's man, true. I just never trust a pro MMA fighter's masculinity until I see him on inline skates. That's where true alpha begins.

Frank Shamrock retired as THE GOAT.

He wont ever be in the GOAT discussion these days but that's what he was when he left.

posting an old vid that all of us real men have already seen 1 bajillon times doesn't hide your noobfuck 2018 account

I can tell from this post and especially your subsequent response to @TheMaster that you are just trolling here, but because it's important information that should be out there for people reading this thread, I'm going to respond anyway.

1) Ken didn't abandon the Lion's Den. He stilled trained and cornered his fighters. He just obviously had to scale back, and in doing so he needed someone to help pick up the slack. His adopted brother, who was coming into his own as a fighter and who was also proving to be a great trainer and cornerman, was the obvious option. I'm not shitting on Frank for choosing to fly solo, but surely a dude asking his brother for help running the gym where they've trained for years isn't a crazy ask.

2) After Frank left the Lion's Den, he formed The Alliance with Maurice Smith and Tsuyoshi Kosaka, both of whom are HWs, so I'm not really sure what you mean when you say his post-Lion's Den training didn't involve training with HWs. It most certainly did.

3) Frank wasn't "the earliest hybrid fighter, cross trainer, and martial artist." Ken taught him everything he knew. Ken was the one striking, wrestling, and submitting before Frank had even started training. And Maurice Smith came to the Lion's Den to train with Ken after Ken beat him in Pancrase. Frank would literally be nothing without Ken. He blossomed into a legendary fighter, but that never would've happened without Ken.

No titles? Jerry Bohlander won the UFC 12 Lightweight tournament, Guy Mezger won the UFC 13 Lightweight tournament and was a King of Pancrase, Pete Williams won the SuperBrawl 2 Heavyweight tournament, Vernon White was the King of the Cage Light Heavyweight Champion, and Frank was the interim King of Pancrase during his time at the Lion's Den. Not to mention Williams fought Randleman for the UFC Heavyweight title and Mikey Burnett competed against - and in a lot of people's minds should've been given the decision over - Pat Miletich for the UFC Lightweight (what we now call the Welterweight) title.

Not until places like Chute Boxe, Brazilian Top Team, and Miletich Fighting Systems came together was there anything remotely close to the Lion's Den in terms of the high level of competitors training together and competing at the highest levels.

This is hyperbolic. Dan Severn knew submissions, Don Frye knew submissions, Mark Coleman knew submissions, Randy Couture knew submissions. They didn't know all of the submissions, they weren't BJJ wizards, but they did know some submissions and even won fights themselves by submission.

I was only referring to the wrestlers in the Contenders event, the thing we’re talking about.

posting an old vid that all of us real men have already seen 1 bajillon times doesn't hide your noobfuck 2018 account
Wow just look at this guy, so cool. Id still smack the shit outcha ;)

He did and got his ass kicked. It wasn't age, testing, evolution, etc. He had a shit ton of injuries from training with Kens dumb ass. My old hero was apparently not good for careers, including his own.

Not really referring to Nick Diaz as much as I'm referring to the Pride guys that were around between 2000-2006 while Frank was retired. Also makes you think about him likely dropping and fighting the UFC dark age MW division like Lindland, Busta, and Evan Tanner.

if your training partner legit goes for heel hooks, you need a new partner.

How else do you intend on defending them if you don't simulate it?

Midget fights are fun

Especially when one of those "midgets" immortalizes your favourite fighter at the end of the most devastating punch in MMA history. rofl

Again, "more well-rounded" and "better" are two very different statements. Frank and Guy had incredibly diverse skill-sets, but prime Ken mauled them both on a daily basis.
Yes but that logic is completely ignoring size. Frank and Guy would of been middleweights today, Ken would of never dropped that much weight (especially the 230lb+ mauler Ken that everyone talks about ragdolling everyone at practice)

I wouldn't say "LW Gillespie is better fighter than FW Volkanovski because he mauls him in practice" even if it's true because it is ignoring size and skillset for the division

I remember hearing, only through what media shared at the time that he was Ken Shamrocks brother. Little did I know how tough Frank's history was. I just thought "Oh wow, it must have been fun growing up with a family of fighters..." Sheesh.

Remember when he fought Walker Texas Ranger?

I can’t remember, all I remember his him moving to LA, taking acting lessons and losing a little muscle to appear more “normal.” I kept thinking, this guy is losing his prime in the worst way.

I can’t remember, all I remember his him moving to LA, taking acting lessons and losing a little muscle to appear more “normal.” I kept thinking, this guy is losing his prime in the worst way.

He's in an insanely bad cage fighting scene against Chuck Norris in an episode of that show. It's bad enough that if you didn't know who either of them were, you would probably say that both of them have never been in a fight. Just really bad choreography.

So many newbies think wrestling is the end-all of MMA, well look at this. Either one of these guys in their prime would be a major threat to Israel or any other current MW.

He's in an insanely bad cage fighting scene against Chuck Norris in an episode of that show. It's bad enough that if you didn't know who either of them were, you would probably say that both of them have never been in a fight. Just really bad choreography.
Nonsense. You have to compare it to other TV shows and movies, not real cage fights. You can't have stars getting injured filming because it costs a ton of money for delays. Even one day costs money because everyone involved is getting paid. I enjoyed the episode and appreciated the fact Chuck incorporated BJJ into his repertoire for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back