The 1980's was a magical time

Lvnvmma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What I wouldn't give to relive it all over again. My parents were still alive and I was still living with them and my siblings. I loved my life.

Couldn't wait for Friday nights, TMNT then Batman. Saturday mornings. Watching GI Joe, Transformers, playing Super Mario Bros with my cousins.

What I wouldn't give to relive it all over again. My parents were still alive and I was still living with them and my siblings. I loved my life.

Couldn't wait for Friday nights, TMNT then Batman. Saturday mornings. Watching GI Joe, Transformers, playing Super Mario Bros with my cousins.

Yep. It was an incredible decade. The only thing that stops me from honestly saying I would want to do it again is that you would lose a lot of the people that came later in your life.

Thinking about the 80s right now...

P.S.

Robert still sounds pretty good.

Great live take on the guitar solo at the end too. Sounds like Clapton on the guitar.

Last edited:
"The good ole days weren't always good, and tomorrow aint as bad as it seems." Billy Joel
A1bos+92r8L._SL1000_.png

Seeing all the 80's inspired stuff coming out today just makes me jealous that I didn't get to grow up in that time period. Seemed like it was a magical time to be a kid.

The 90's was a pretty good decade to be a kid though, we had Pokemon and Dragnoball Z.

Yep. It was an incredible decade. The only thing that stops me from honestly saying I would want to do it again is that you would lose a lot of the people that came later in your life.

I've become somewhat successful in my life and none of that matters to me. I've been through a lot more than your average person, and yet my childhood in the 80s was the pinnacle of my entire time living.

Sorry to hear about your parents TS.

The 80s had amazing music and movies

Thinking about the 80s right now...

P.S.

Robert still sounds pretty good.

Great live take on the guitar solo at the end too. Sounds like Clapton on the guitar.

rocky-iv-mountain-training.jpg

Draagooooo!!!

P.s. if you like the 80’s, check out The Goldbergs.

It an was eclectic period in time. The bad was bad, but the great has no rival.

Right on, the 80's were a great time to be alive, and a great time to be a kid. Riding bikes and skateboards with my pack of friends all over town, building ramps and halfpipes. Saturday cartoons were certainly awesome, I had all the action figures. Nintendo was the best, I still remember going to Toy's R Us to get mine, it was magical. Going to the little chinese shop to rent games, I'll never forget the smell of that place. Getting 5 bucks from my parents and going to the arcade, or getting 5 or 6 bucks and going to the firework stand and getting 3 grosses of bottle rockets, and having a bottle rocket war with the neighborhood kids, Oh man the memories! The music, MTV, my sisters listening to Def Leppard as they poofed their hair up in the front in preparation to go to the Friday night High school football game, hearing the band play and the crowd cheer from my yard was awesome. Fishing for crawdads with bolagna, filling up my bucket and then having crawdad fights with my friends. Showbiz pizza parties, being creeped out and having nightmares about the robotic singing animals, Lol. Getting my first Go Kart and riding all around my neighborhood for months until I blew my engine, no complaints or cops called from the neighbors, people actually happy to see a kid out having some fun. My God, I could go on and on, kids these days really have no idea what they're missing.

For you guys that didn’t grow up in the 80s let me give you a summer day I remember.
Saturday morning me and my friends jump in an Iroc z28, and a CJ6 and meet a group of girls at the beach. A boom box is playing a mix of Van Halen, INXS, Def Lep, Prince etc. The girls are drinking Bartles and James wine coolers, the guys bud cans. Guys are wearing body glove and vision board shorts. Girls hot pink bikinis.
We go home and shower and meet at an Arcade another buddy works at. Next store is a record store where we buy scalped tickets to Motley Crew, with opening act Warrant. After the show we go to a house party where MTV headbangers ball is on one TV. A group of dudes are playing Tecmo Bowl on another. Another group played quarters. Rob Base was cranking on the Kenwood rack system. This was the 80s.

Child of the 80s checking in. They were good memories but so were the 90s and 2000s. Just different stages of life.

THere were some downsides to the 80s; urban decay, crime, AIDS and don't get me started on looking back at year books --- 'I was hot for that chick? What a doofus I must have been'.

I spent most half of my summers in the 80s in Europe. Remember coming back with this record in 1984.

Entirely unsupervised in a world with so many mysteries. I only came home for dukes of Hazzard at 8pm Fridays.
The 21st century is bullshit

Seeing all the 80's inspired stuff coming out today just makes me jealous that I didn't get to grow up in that time period. Seemed like it was a magical time to be a kid.

The 90's was a pretty good decade to be a kid though, we had Pokemon and Dragnoball Z.

In terms of more adult culture I think the advantage the 80's had is that dispite its image of excess it wasn't really as self celebratory a time, I mean yes a good deal of that did go on at the cheesier end of things but a lot of movies, music, etc actually had a more cynical edge to it. The 90's by comparison I think you had much more of a sense of self celebration, that this was a good time that needed to be idealised.

80's blockbusters were full of corrupt businessmen and CIA opperatives, 90's blockbusters were full of flag kissing glorification of the US establishment like ID4.

Back