The 2018 Hurricane Season (PBP): Cat-4 Hurricane Michael leaving a trail of destruction in Florida

Dang, I hope they’ve stacked up on their Mountain House.

Southeast Virginia checking in again.

We were promised heavy thunderstorms 7 hours ago.

Not a drop of rain so far.

At this point, I'm pretty sure only the people who could keep us posted with live updates are the ones not getting hammered.

@PRIDEWASBETTER is probably trying to keep his hands warm with a lighter in the dark right now, lol.

No need to keep warm when it's 80°. lol

Just a constant barrage of winds and rain. Total blackout. Winds have to be at least 80 mph sustained. Making it really hard to sleep lol

Thank you, sir.

I'm in the shit.

f8b6b8e09cbeef6cc5f64f7c748c8f84-full.jpg

Keep us updated dude.

I hope these people moved everything to the second floor.

...but why are they still there though?

This town is situated between TWO flooded rivers, and mandatory evacuation order went out THREE days ago, plenty of time for them to get out of there before the water reaches their roof.

May be they didn't see this?

Last edited:

This town is situated between TWO flooded rivers, and mandatory evacuation order went out THREE days ago, plenty of time for them to get out of there before the water reaches their roof.

New Bern ALWAYS floods. I have no idea why people stayed, especially near the Neuse River. We got through the night okay with some soffits damaged on the porches, but we're okay for the moment. Neighbor lost their fence. We've got some ponding on roadways and the ditches, but no flooding yet. I'm waiting to see what today brings. Daybreak couldn't come fast enough.

Last edited:
Hugo bros checking in. We stayed at Berkley High school during Hugo
That’s pretty much what I said when Hugo hit Charleston. I was young and bulletproof. That was absolutely the dumbest fucking thing I have ever done in my life - and I’ve done some stupid shit, lol. Jesus F’ing Christ I’ve never been so scared in my life. I was a mile from the harbor and I thought the roof was coming off our building. Hugo hit as a Cat 5 and made landfall as an upper Cat 4 hurricane. He leveled entire forests 50 miles inland and we were without water or power for weeks.[/QUOT

New Bern ALWAYS floods. I have no idea why people stayed, especially near the Neuse River. We got through the night okay with some soffits damaged on the porches, but we're okay for the moment. Neighbor lost their fence. We've got some pending on roadways and the ditches, but no flooding yet. I'm waiting to see what today brings. Daybreak couldn't come fast enough.

Glad you're doing OK. At least you still have internet, that's the most important thing.

SE VA checking in
Its finally raining, albeit not very hard.

Still not even raining here in Raleigh. They said it would start at 2 AM, but it's nice and breezy feels nice walking the dog.

It probably wouldn't be worth it because of impracticality, but I'd like to see people who refuse to evacuate and end up in need of rescue receive mandatory community service. Make them help clean up in the aftermath, have them give testimonials on how foolish it is not to evacuate, etc.

New Bern ALWAYS floods. I have no idea why people stayed, especially near the Neuse River. We got through the night okay with some soffits damaged on the porches, but we're okay for the moment. Neighbor lost their fence. We've got some ponding on roadways and the ditches, but no flooding yet. I'm waiting to see what today brings. Daybreak couldn't come fast enough.

I don't know much about this peninsula until they're 10 feet under the river, but I do know this: it's full of idiots who not only needlessly subjecting themselves to danger, but jeopardizing their children as well.

What to know about New Bern, NC, where hundreds are stranded by Hurricane Florence floods
BY MARK PRICE | September 14, 2018

The eastern North Carolina coastal town of New Bern is facing emergency flooding from Hurricane Florence. On Friday, its location on a peninsula between two rivers joined forces with Hurricane Florence’s east winds to create disaster in the Craven County town 115 miles southeast of the state capitol of Raleigh.

The Neuse and Trent rivers rose 10 feet in a matter of hours, reported The Weather Channel, causing widespread damage and trapping hundreds of people in their flooded homes. The waters were still rising Friday morning, as the eye of the storm reached Wrightsville Beach at 7:15 a.m., says the National Hurricane Center. New Bern is just a few miles from the Pamlico Sound, which added to the town’s flooding.

At least 200 people had been rescued late Thursday, New Bern Mayor Dana Outlaw told the Raleigh News & Observer, and a tweet from the town said at least 150 more were waiting to be saved.

New Bern resident and business owner Tom Ballance told the Weather Channel early Friday that he was sitting in his home, watching water rise around him.

“Nobody expected this,” he told the Weather Channel. “We were fools.”

Pleas for help were posted on Facebook page, including a woman named Daniela Reyes who wrote on the city’s Facebook page: “There is a mother and a 2 year old stuck on the second floor! The house is flooded. I need help asap!”

Latifyah Squires posted her address on the New Bern Facebook page and added: “Phone dying...Water is in the house. We are in the attic.”

The National Hurricane Center predicted earlier in the week that the town could see 20 to 30 inches of rain, but worse still would be storm surge that was expected to push as much as 13 feet of water into the coastal bays, sounds and rivers.

The National Hurricane Center is predicting flooding will worsen Friday and Saturday, as the storm moves further across the coast.

http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218382495.html

Last edited:
I don't know much about this peninsula until they're 10 feet under the river, but I do know this: it's full of idiots who not only needlessly subjecting themselves to danger, but jeopardizing their children as well.

What to know about New Bern, NC, where hundreds are stranded by Hurricane Florence floods
BY MARK PRICE | September 14, 2018

The eastern North Carolina coastal town of New Bern is facing emergency flooding from Hurricane Florence. On Friday, its location on a peninsula between two rivers joined forces with Hurricane Florence’s east winds to create disaster in the Craven County town 115 miles southeast of the state capitol of Raleigh.

The Neuse and Trent rivers rose 10 feet in a matter of hours, reported The Weather Channel, causing widespread damage and trapping hundreds of people in their flooded homes. The waters were still rising Friday morning, as the eye of the storm reached Wrightsville Beach at 7:15 a.m., says the National Hurricane Center. New Bern is just a few miles from the Pamlico Sound, which added to the town’s flooding.

At least 200 people had been rescued late Thursday, New Bern Mayor Dana Outlaw told the Raleigh News & Observer, and a tweet from the town said at least 150 more were waiting to be saved.

New Bern resident and business owner Tom Ballance told the Weather Channel early Friday that he was sitting in his home, watching water rise around him.

“Nobody expected this,” he told the Weather Channel. “We were fools.”

Pleas for help were posted on Facebook page, including a woman named Daniela Reyes who wrote on the city’s Facebook page: “There is a mother and a 2 year old stuck on the second floor! The house is flooded. I need help asap!”

Latifyah Squires posted her address on the New Bern Facebook page and added: “Phone dying...Water is in the house. We are in the attic.”

The National Hurricane Center predicted earlier in the week that the town could see 20 to 30 inches of rain, but worse still would be storm surge that was expected to push as much as 13 feet of water into the coastal bays, sounds and rivers.

The National Hurricane Center is predicting flooding will worsen Friday and Saturday, as the storm moves further across the coast.

http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218382495.html

Yeah it was a given that they were going to get slammed.

As usual, people who steadfastly refused to help themselves are now expecting other people to come help them. WHY?!

Last edited:
Back