The Anime and Manga Thread v48

For the past few months, I have been looking forward to Friday and Saturday [U.S. time zone] because lots of good anime shows (and some guilty pleasure ones) that I follow air during those days.
I'm only watching frieren and delicious in dungeon. I really want a Frieren OVA or movie where we see the old party in their prime. I want to see himmel fight.

Getting closer to that 50th version of this thread!

Common or new recommendations for all:

One Piece
Berserk
Hunter X Hunter
Monster
Solo Leveling
Parasyte
Hajime No Ippo
Welcome to the Ballroom
One Punch Man
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure
Liar Game
Gangsta.
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Blue Lock
Bambino!
Yakitate!! Japan
Big O
Cyborg 009
Sakamoto desu ga?
Samurai Champloo
G-Gundam
Spy x Family
Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
Where is bebop you heathen

It's [Delicious in Dungeon] one of my favorite shows this season. Such a fun series and gives a different angle or perspective in dungeon adventures.
Last two episodes were really good. It's getting frustrating only watching 20 minutes a week. I might hold off for a couple of episodes and watch them all together.

Peerless Dad was just a filler for me while waiting for what I think were better manga/mahnwas. I think Peerless dad is now better than Northern Blade.

View attachment 1035392

At least jobless reincarnation is coming in April but this makes me sad. 😔
I feel the same way. Hope Frieren season 2 comes back real soon and not in 3 years or so.

Last two episodes were really good. It's getting frustrating only watching 20 minutes a week. I might hold off for a couple of episodes and watch them all together.
So glad that Delicious in Dungeon cour 2 is happening now.

This is probably the last major anime series Toriyama was involved in. I'm only in the 1st episode but it has all the magic of 80's dragonball. Nostalgic character design(most seemed recycled especially the color palette), good implementation of 3d, the MC's voice actor is a dead ringer for Tanaka(Luffy), post apocalyptic setting. What more do you want?

And I thought this season was a bust.

I'm greedy. I want a whole series prequel spinoff featuring the Heroes party.

Honestly after becoming so popular almost seems silly not to do it. I don't want it now though. I prefer to get it after the current series is over. The flash back scenes we get with Fieren and how it relates to her current life are great. I like that we get to see it from that angle without knowing the full story. I don't know for sure but I almost feel like those moments wouldn't be as impactful if we got to see a whole prequel now.

GKP5x0dWUAAopHC

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue is the best anime to come out in the last 15 years. It's a remake of th 1980s classic, the best space war drama anime of all time, Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Absolutely love Legend of the Galactic Heroes (2018) but wished some of the later episodes had better pacing and urgency.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue is the best anime to come out in the last 15 years. It's a remake of th 1980s classic, the best space war drama anime of all time, Legend of the Galactic Heroes

It's good but the classic is better tbh. And you can watch the whole thing.

Back