Movies The best 80's movie is...

Bladerunner. As a whole, the 80s is massively overrated when it comes to movies, mostly due to the old fucks who were children at the time and look at the whole decade with rose tinted glasses, but Bladerunner was a genuinely good film.

Bladerunner. As a whole, the 80s is massively overrated when it comes to movies, mostly due to the old fucks who were children at the time and look at the whole decade with rose tinted glasses, but Bladerunner was a genuinely good film.

Great choice. Definitely up there.

Back to the Future by far, from the ones in the pic.

In my opinion, the entire era has way too many awesome movies to choose from.

Back to the Future Part 1 and Part 2 are close to being the perfect movies.

The Terminator (1984 movie) is another obvious choice. There are so many obvious choices that I can't list them all.

Star Wars Episode V (1980 movie) is another option that I have to mention. I also want to mention Road House (1989 movie) because I consider it to be underrated.

1. robocop in terms of production value
2. Ghostbusters being iconic
3. Gremlins for reasons

actually could prob swap any of those for back to the future in some way

I feel thats much truer of the 90's personally, a lot of very bland cinema which gets overrated because people here grew up with it. The 80's by comparison I feel Hollywood was still somewhat less controlled, the execs had not really worked out the formula to success yet so they still had to largely go along with the creative side. By the 90's i think generic CGI showpeices and bland nationalistic melodramas had become much more surefire ways to get sucess and Hollywood execs really took back a lot of the control they had lost in the 70's.

I would say as well people tend to view the 80's as an era of entertainment blockbusters but really there was obviously more than that being made and not just small scale arthouse fare. The style of that era as well with heavy emphasis on visuals and music has always been a favour of mine...

Blade Runner
The Shining
Rumble Fish
The Elephant Man
Paris Texas
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
Blue Velvet
Once Upon A Time In America
Raging Bull
Angel Heart
Full Metal Jacket
Thief