The best bjj takedown DVD out there

Get a good Judo or Wrestling DVD.

Mikey, Javier's DVD was a big letdown IMHO

How about for gi BJJ? Is there a good DVD for gi takedowns that's BJJ oriented? Dave Camarillo's DVD maybe?

Or should I just get a Judo instructional?

If you don't have Dave's set you should have got that like two weeks ago! :icon_chee

It's worth every dollar and then some! There's two discs worth of throws and throws into submissions

Get a good Judo or Wrestling DVD.

Mikey, Javier's DVD was a big letdown IMHO

Maybe we can work out a trade then via PM if you have it and hate it. I'm interested since I'm a big Vasquez fan and have been working strictly takedowns recently.

Maybe we can work out a trade then via PM if you have it and hate it. I'm interested since I'm a big Vasquez fan and have been working strictly takedowns recently.

I can send it to you. PM me your address and phone. I have a final from 3-5 but I can get up with you afte that and try to get the DVD in the mail by Friday. I can 2-day or overnight it

bjj takedowns are only good against guys who don't grapple at all. wrestling takedowns and judo throws are far better imo. i train bjj, am on my schools wrestling team and a guy who used to be on the national judo team has thrown me a few times :) and my bjj wasn't about to help me on my feet.

bjj takedowns are only good against guys who don't grapple at all. wrestling takedowns and judo throws are far better imo. i train bjj, am on my schools wrestling team and a guy who used to be on the national judo team has thrown me a few times :) and my bjj wasn't about to help me on my feet.

Which BJJ takedowns aren't found in judo and wrestling? The guard pull? I don't consider that a takedown. Can you give us an example of a BJJ takedown that is only good against guys who don't grapple?

Word

why make yourself tired of running after someone while you can just jump guard and save alot of energy.

but on the other hand, it could be handy to be good in takedowns. If you're looking for takedowns both usable in BJJ and grappling, i would better search for wrestling takedowns..

Why make yourself tired playing from the bottom when you can just throw the guy and be on top the whole time? Geeze.

What I saw of the Takedown Blueprint by Pedro and Stevens looked solid

If a judo/wrestling club is available in your area: why waste your money on dvds when you could become better in stand up grappling in much less time, rather than taking notes from a dvd..

What I saw of the Takedown Blueprint by Pedro and Stevens looked solid

Meh. It's really nice Judo. But for anyone not already good at Judo, getting good at Judo is about the most inefficient way to learn to take down folks in BJJ I can think of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back