News The Brazil UFC event went so badly that the they have cancelled their planned May event

I don't see anything in that tweet that indicates as to why the event in Brasilia was cancelled.

Events get cancelled all the time and venues change all the time. Everyone jumpping to conclusions?

I actually agree that ufc might be struggling to keep its mainstream attraction from going down. But not sure about this one. They might not just have found Braz headliner or who knows.

Move the card to Abu Dhabi

More cards should be in the UAE
Fuck that.
accurate and true. Canada is bad.
Just imagine America.
Just to add context to this -

I went to 279 in Sept 2022 (Diaz vs TFerg). I begrudgingly paid 300 for my ticket (100 level first riser), even though I really only wanted to pay like 150.

I looked at tickets for the next Vegas event (Jones vs Gane) and the same seats are running around 900-1100 last I checked.

Unreal.
Wow. Triple the price for just a decent headliner in Vegas. Only the wealthy will be showing up to events with those prices.
I paid 1500 for 2 tickets to Ufc 115 ..I thought that was bad enough lol
Jesus Christ, $1,500 for Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin in 2010?? Straight up insane. That card had nobody on it, maybe except Cro Cop and Condit. Crazy. I can only imagine what tickets to UFC 116 with Lesnar would be.

I had 4th row seats at a Celtics game for free once because me and my buddy sat there like we owned the place, and the ticket holders never showed up lol.
I did that at a judas priest concert. We went stage side and just acted like we were supposed to be there,and luckily the people next to us sort of helped us blend in. Also ive pretended I was security to get to the front of other concerts. All you need is a bold voice and say PARDON ME COMING THROUGH MOVE PLEASE,and people will move out of the way ahahaha

I did that at a judas priest concert. We went stage side and just acted like we were supposed to be there,and luckily the people next to us sort of helped us blend in. Also ive pretended I was security to get to the front of other concerts. All you need is a bold voice and say PARDON ME COMING THROUGH MOVE PLEASE,and people will move out of the way ahahaha

Concerts definitely work out pretty good when you just start yelling at fuckers lol.

Events get cancelled all the time and venues change all the time. Everyone jumpping to conclusions?

I actually agree that ufc might be struggling to keep its mainstream attraction from going down. But not sure about this one. They might not just have found Braz headliner or who knows.
Oliveira was talking about coming back in May so him vs Dariush would of likely been the main event (i assume it would of been a fight night and not another PPV)

We don't have Brazilian stars like we did with Silva, Vitor, Machida, Big Nog. Brazil used to get much better cards and was easy to sell there. Brazilians aren't the stars like they used to be.

"They must be shouting like that for a reason"

Definitely.
What works...works, no need to change it.
Bring them back to childhood like an Archie slap lol.

Reactions: HHJ
Oliveira was talking about coming back in May so him vs Dariush would of likely been the main event (i assume it would of been a fight night and not another PPV)

Thats a good fight hopefully they book it unless Dariush gets the title shot in summer. He probably should tbh.

thats what happens when you put on shit cards!

if fans from other countries did that we'd actually get some decent cards

Compared to chuds who boast about how long they have watched mma or how many fights/cards they watch no matter how weak the cards are?

Some of us value our time
It’s funny you value your time enough to not watch the fights but you’ll waste your time talking about fights you haven’t seen online lmao

It’s funny you value your time enough to not watch the fights but you’ll waste your time talking about fights you haven’t seen online lmao

Takes me less than 1min to read/post while taking a crap and I can do it at any time of my leisure. compared to spending several hours early Sunday morning watching fights I'm not interested in watching

Back