The brutal truth

Eternalwarriorking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Charles took a round to assess and manage poirier's formidable standup abilities. He lost a round on the feet to wear him out, and prepared the eventual sub attempts. My friend suggested that the backpack attempt was trivial? perhaps to the uninformed eye.. I knew that once he found Dustin's throat, it would be over..

My friends, I love Dustin. But as soon as I saw charles found his throat, it was a done deal. What can one say? perhaps we wanted more, but the fact is....Charles is just that DAMN GOOD

Idk man
He took 56 head strikes in Round 1 and got dropped twice
You guys are trippin

I feel you. But dustin wasn't close to finishing him at all, right? DP punched himself out, and once Charles found his groove, the packpack choke was a done deal. Poirier fought a great round in the first, but he got gameplanned by charles hella hard. What more can we say?

I feel you. But dustin wasn't close to finishing him at all, right? DP punched himself out, and once Charles found his groove, the packpack choke was a done deal. Poirier fought a great round in the first, but he got gameplanned by charles hella hard. What more can we say?

it wasnt part of the game plan to get cracked in the face by dustin, guaranteed

taking punches is never part of the strategy

I understand some fighters risking getting hit to close distance and get a take down but getting beat up to tire out your opponent is never a strategy
I disagree. This man did it almost every fight and was a champion.

It’s not ideal but dude understood he was gonna eat some shots and was mentally prepared to weather the storm

Guys, this was an absolute war for as along as it lasted. Charles ate some shots, but who cares? Did Poirier gain anything by it? Obviously he didn't. This hearkens Poirier neutralizing Conor's standup in the rematch? with his own clinching. Oliveira got touched, but to what end? He got touched by one of the best MMA boxers to ever do it? And then subbed him anyway? Sounds like GOAT shit to me

taking punches is never part of the strateg

I understand some fighters risking getting hit to close distance and get a take down but getting beat up to tire out your opponent is never a strategy
He didn't get beat on purpose to gas him. He landed over 31 body shots by the beginning if round 2. Many of those hard knees while Dustin was winging heavy shots. He went to the body while Dustin was throwing heat

Back