The case against fighter pay: rich MMA fighters are endangering the lives of other people

Dude, there's more cases of nobodies causing shit. Violent Bob Ross recently, PMP got into shit assaulting civilians.

It's not a broke/rich thing.

Its best to keep them broke and hungry, and in line, with the majority of the pie in more responsible hands; Dana and company.

You don't need to go to MMA fighters. Will Smith is disgustingly rich and look how he resorted to violence just because of a little joke. Also, he's a cuck.

Raise the entry level contract to 24/24 (even 20/20 would make a huge difference) , and fighting 3 times a year would almost certainly guarantee a sustainable life. I think it's bad practice that athletes fighting in a premier organisation might need side jobs. Furthermore, the overall level of the sport would get higher, if ALL UFC fighters could be full time fighters.

I find it odd that you mentioned Jorge assaulted a US citizen..... who gives a shit? They are both US citizens and it happened in the US.

This week, we've seen three separate incidents:

- Jorge Masvidal assaulting a US citizen and battering him
- Chael P. Sonnen continuing his undefeated streak vs a surgeon, his wife, and a bunch of hotel staff
- Conor McGregor speeding, endangering people's lives, being arrested and getting his Bentley confiscated

What's the common denominator between these three individuals ? They're cage fighters who achieved financial freedom.

Not only do rich cage fighters act like divas and fight less, but they seem more inclined towards crime. Out of the three highest paid cage fighters (Conor, Masvidal, Nate), two are criminals. The other is relatively harmless because of the copious amounts of THC he inhales. If it wasn't for that, he'd probably have been a criminal as well.

I take this opportunity to thank Mr. Dana F. White for his brilliant fighter pay structure: incentivizing fighters to keep fighting and not giving them too much. At the very least, he's delaying their descent into degeneracy.

Even pro-wrestlers have their shit together more than top tier cage fighters. At least they have to earn their paycheck through a rigorous schedule. On the other hand, in MMA people get 3 paydays a year, and the bigger those paydays are, the more likely fighters will seek self-fulfillment in self destructive ways in the remaining 362 days.

Very twisted logic.

Congratulations, you've earned an MSNBC contract.

Truth is rarely a popular thing, but you're right. And Dana White does deserve much more praise for the way he's conducting the business so that we may enjoy following our favorite sport. People will have trouble with this, despite you providing the proof and naming the names. Once they get too much, it's usually trouble and the game suffers for it.

Dude he´s trolling, get ahold of yourself

- Chael P. Sonnen continuing his undefeated streak vs a surgeon, his wife, and a bunch of hotel staff
- Conor McGregor speeding, endangering people's lives, being arrested and getting his Bentley confiscated

What's the common denominator between these three individuals ? They're cage fighters who achieved financial freedom.

Not only do rich cage fighters act like divas and fight less, but they seem more inclined towards crime. Out of the three highest paid cage fighters (Conor, Masvidal, Nate), two are criminals. The other is relatively harmless because of the copious amounts of THC he inhales. If it wasn't for that, he'd probably have been a criminal as well.

I take this opportunity to thank Mr. Dana F. White for his brilliant fighter pay structure: incentivizing fighters to keep fighting and not giving them too much. At the very least, he's delaying their descent into degeneracy.

Even pro-wrestlers have their shit together more than top tier cage fighters. At least they have to earn their paycheck through a rigorous schedule. On the other hand, in MMA people get 3 paydays a year, and the bigger those paydays are, the more likely fighters will seek self-fulfillment in self destructive ways in the remaining 362 days.

Please edit in Jon Jones as well.

Bless Uncle Dana for keeping the public safe

BSCxw79CUAEBrna.jpg

From 2019 to 2021 there was a direct correlation between fighter pay and number of COVID deaths.

If you care about human life, you'd support lowering fighter pay so we can lower the number of COVID-related deaths.

"I tried paying my employees at little as possible and everyone got mad. So I paid a few criminals millions of dollars and they went fucky. So clearly we shouldn't be paying them."

"Employee suffering increases performance, and that's somehow not an indictment of our industry. Best we keep them hungry."

I didn't realize Applebee's CEO had a Sherdog account

You don't need to go to MMA fighters. Will Smith is disgustingly rich and look how he resorted to violence just because of a little joke. Also, he's a cuck.
Im sure Will didn't mean to do that

Reaching far and deep with this take.

Dana never gets arrested, or beats up anybody in public. I say give the money to Dana and keep the fighters poor. More fights per year and better entertainment for me. Plus, the public is safer so it's a win-win.

Yeah, no one is asking for those guys or at that level to be paid more.

I don't know the issues of Mas or Sonnen. But with CunTard it's the smallish height aka he's a manlet which eats him up from the inside. That plus the proportional too big of a head along with that manlet body...

Back