"The Clinch" striking analysis VIDEO podcast: Roosmalen vs. Ristie I & II

AllKickboxing

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

For the FIRST TIME on The Clinch podcast, we include video demonstrations to complement our discussion. We analyze how to use Dutch kickboxing to beat taller opponents and the evolution of Dutch Glory champ, Robin van Roosmalen, who shocked the world in Glory 20 by avenging his only KO loss to the massive Andy ''The Machine'' Ristie.

We also study how Ristie used his unorthodox style and reach to finish Roosmalen two years ago.

Please visit our website here and subscribe to our YouTube channel here. We're always open to your feedback on the show. Thank you. Now, get into The Clinch!

Timeline of the episode's topics:

Introduction-00:00
Roosmalen's Loss During First Fight-3:47
Ristie's Unusual Fighting Style-4:19
Rhythm Changes-15:15
*Video Breakdown of the First Match-20:30
Analysis of the Second Fight-24:10
Ristie's Stance Switching-27:43
The Cardio Factor-36:22
Aggressive Counter Fighting-38:50
Importance of a Head Coach-41:11
*Video Breakdown of the Second Match-43:06
Wrap up and Conclusions-53:12

Last edited:
Good content and knowledge again guys. I liked how you upgraded the set with posters and gloves this time. The video breakdowns were interesting, however I have a few comments.

As commented on youtube, the intense stare in the beginning was a bit much haha :D You might want to zoom out a tiny bit in general, but it got better as you relaxed more and leaned back later on.

Both breaking down fights AND showing techniques are great ideas, however, perhaps instead of re-enacting the fights yourselves, which is hard to streamline, you should do the breakdowns with video from the actual fights and add voiceover. Then you could do short segments where you use yourselfs to show the significant moves of the fights and how to drill them. Just a suggestion.

Furthermore, the set and production still has room to improve.

Again, thank you for your content. I'm constantly surprised at how accurate you guys are. Keep it up!

Nice work guys, cool to see you actually doing the demonstrations! I enjoyed it a lot. I actually didn't know those guys fought twice, I'm gonna have to check out the first one then rewatch the second.

Nice work guys, cool to see you actually doing the demonstrations! I enjoyed it a lot. I actually didn't know those guys fought twice, I'm gonna have to check out the first one then rewatch the second.

Thank you James! We're really glad you enjoyed the episode. Solid job on your breakdowns of John Makdessi on Bloody Elbow. I was reading them to prep for his fight against Cowboy. I look forward to checking out more of your work and please feel free to give us your thoughts on our future episodes. Thank you.-Jimin

Back