Movies The Dark Knight Rises and Spider Man 3 - what do you think?

I Fusion I

Everything you can imagine is real
@Brown
Reaction score
Seriously, why these films (especially spider man 3) get this amount of flack and hate?

They have their flaws, but they are still films made with passion, recognizable style, an idea and ambitious stuff.

I will close my eyes and ignore some of the messy editing of TDKR and the plot being messy in SM3, but for the rest..... they work quite well for me.

I would even go about and say that SM3 is better than any Spider-Man film after it and TDKR is better than any of Batman films except TDK and Begins.

Last edited:
intro-1540320049.jpg

Yes spiderman 3 really went into uncharted territory when Peter said "now dig on this" and started snapping his fingers before a jazz number while rocking an emo haircut.

Still better directed than any MCU or DCEU film though.

Yeah. That's not a good movie. Raimi didnt even like it from what I remember. Stripped his original idea and forced in venom

I don’t think it’s a great film, actually. I just think it’s not a disaster like people say.

Raimi had studio interference over it. I mean, the first two were better then the third, I think we agree on that?

I think his directing, quite makes it watchable because there’s some good stuff into it. The Sandman part.

TDKR is an 8/10 or maybe a little more being generous. Just like Begins, it makes my top 10 of the genre.

Spider-Man 3 is a 6.5 or 7 I think, have to rewatch it but I can tell you for sure that it’s better directed than 90% of comic book films.

I don’t think it’s a great film, actually. I just think it’s not a disaster like people say.

Raimi had studio interference over it. I mean, the first two were better then the third, I think we agree on that?

I think his directing, quite makes it watchable because there’s some good stuff into it. The Sandman part.

TDKR is an 8/10 or maybe a little more being generous. Just like Begins, it makes my top 10 of the genre.

Spider-Man 3 is a 6.5 or 7 I think, have to rewatch it but I can tell you for sure that it’s better directed than 90% of comic book films.

You just like sam raimi

You just like sam raimi

Of course, he's a great director, atleast he has his own style and vision just like Nolan, James Gunn, Burton.

That's why i tend to not be huge on other comic book films in terms of quality. I enjoy them, but I know there is little to zero artistic intent into them.

Dark knight
Batman begins
Batman 89
Batman returns
Dkr
Batman forever
Batman and Robin

Spiderman
Spiderman 2
Spider-Man far from home
Spiderman homecoming
Amazing spiderman
Spiderman 3

Haven't seen amazing Spider-Man 2

Dark knight
Batman begins
Batman 89
Batman returns
Dkr
Batman forever
Batman and Robin

Spiderman
Spiderman 2
Spider-Man far from home
Spiderman homecoming
Amazing spiderman
Spiderman 3

Haven't seen amazing Spider-Man 2

The Dark Knight 9.5/10
Batman Begins 8/10
The Dark Knight Rises 8/10
Batman 1989 7.5/10
Batman Returns 7/10
Batman vs. Superman 5/10
Batman Forever 5/10
Batman And Robin 3/10

Spider-Man 2 8/10
Spider-Man 1 8/10
Spider-Man 3 7/10
Spider-Man: Homecoming 6.5/10
Spider-Man: Far From Home 6/10

The Amazing Spider-Man 6/10
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 5/10

Last edited:
You mean in general or on these forums. B/c I see many people on these forums touting Dark Kinght Rises likes it's an amazing movie.

Back