The delusional McGregor hype has ended

This is exactly why I rarely come here. The guy fought and beat a decent list of fighters, becomes a champ, has fought at three different weight classes, and he FINALLY loses to one beast of a once in a lifetime type of fighter, and then everyone claims he was a trash fighter? It's really NO SURPRISE, that combat sports attracts the BIGGEST double digit I.Q. beer drinking imbeciles out of ALL sports.

Jesus, I just don't get it. Was this your second or third MMA event ever? Do you have any idea how many more people have accomplished such a vastly larger amount of more impressive things than Connor? Compared to champions of the past with multiple title defenses, he's absolutely fucking nothing. Compared to the current batch of MMA fighters, he was maybe a B+ with a few lucky knockouts. Yes, a lot of his VERY LIMITED success had to with luck and easy match ups.

Of all the amazing fighters in history, all the consistent and widely varied champions with their vast skill sets and credits in and out of the UFC. Why the fuck would anyone ever choose Connor as someone to idolize or admire? I mean come on, you know nothing about the sport.

Conor never missed weight at 145.... never injured like Habib.. never pulled out of fights. Habib is a one division bully.. Conor backs up his talk. Habib has to wrestle smaller guys...
you dont know mma i lived n ireland i taught jiu jitsu while n Ireland im good friends with conors main sparring partner for this camp i know alot about what goes on in sbg conor went up nw eight because of how drained he was to fight at 145 he couldnt take it conor couldnt make 145 again it would kill him he walks around at 185 i know your angry your boy got shown up your great white hope just couldnt hang with the top guys

By a bigger fighter afraid to fight and afraid to fight guys his own size or bigger? Who was emasculated? Habib's teammate is more of a man than Habib.. at least he tried to hit Conor..

STFU, you cuck. Someone got dropped on the feet tonight. Remind me who that was?

Jesus, I just don't get it. Was this your second or third MMA event ever? Do you have any idea how many more people have accomplished such a vastly larger amount of more impressive things than Connor? Compared to champions of the past with multiple title defenses, he's absolutely fucking nothing. Compared to the current batch of MMA fighters, he was maybe a B+ with a few lucky knockouts. Yes, a lot of his VERY LIMITED success had to with luck and easy match ups.

Of all the amazing fighters in history, all the consistent and widely varied champions with their vast skill sets and credits in and out of the UFC. Why the fuck would anyone ever choose Connor as someone to idolize or admire? I mean come on, you know nothing about the sport.

It's been a while since I've been to this site, so yes, I've forgotten just how stupid the average fan is. Yes, I can think of a lot of fighters who have done more than Conor in MMA, so what? Did I ever say Conor was the greatest? What's your point? I'm not claiming he's the best ever. I am arguing against imbeciles who have never stepped in the cage (most likely like yourself), who think Conor is just some bum who went on stage and got lucky 7 fights in a row, all the way to Aldo. And then also got "lucky" an eighth time against Eddie Alvarez (maybe you believe this, because you'd like to believe you could accomplish what he was, if you were in his shoes). Even though I can think of a lot of other fighters with amazing accomplishments, it's not like Conor is at the bottom of the list either. He's still extremely accomplished.

Granted, he has more attention than he deserves, due to his WWE persona, but to call him a B+ fighter? If he's a B+ fighter, then the whole UFC is filled with bums. As a fighter myself, who has stepped in the ring and cage, I can definitely admire his striking skills, you don't find them everywhere and anywhere. Due to your last sentence, it sounds like you're just angry that people like him. Why does that make you angry? Jealousy maybe. Would it be any better if people looked up to you? For instance, I am not a fan of Cain Velasquez or his fighting style, but I also don't go around telling people he's a B+ fighter with favorable matchups. The results and success speak for themselves.

But hey, I'm in Sherdog, the same place that called Anderson Silva trash when he lost, the same place that calls every lengthy Champion "exposed" when he loses. And when, not if, WHEN, Khabib loses, he'll be "exposed" and a shitty fighter who had favorable matchups ups. Never ending cycle.

you dont know mma i lived n ireland i taught jiu jitsu while n Ireland im good friends with conors main sparring partner for this camp i know alot about what goes on in sbg conor went up nw eight because of how drained he was to fight at 145 he couldnt take it conor couldnt make 145 again it would kill him he walks around at 185 i know your angry your boy got shown up your great white hope just couldnt hang with the top guys

Great White Hope beat by a White guy. So is Khabib the new White Hope? Oh... shit, I forgot, his religion is Muslim, so that automatically means Khabib is no longer genetically Caucasian.

"As a fighter myself."

Oh jesus, you're one of those losers. Trying to raise up your meaningless experience like they have any value when it comes to a real fight.The fact that you mentioned Anderson Silva is pretty funny, he's actually defended his title, more than once in fact.

You're not just the typical Sherdog retard, you're the one that actually takes his own opinion and experience seriously enough that you can't tell how much of a joke you are to everyone else. Do you realize just how fucking stupid and typical of a douchebag you have to be to say something like the phrase I quoted, as if it means anything to anyone on the internet? I've never met a worthwhile person who uses that phrase in regard to any profession, because no one cares what you think you know.

Back