The Descent Is One Of The GOAT Chick Flicks.

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is the type of movie that shows females can hold their own and make a GREAT one without having men in it and they don't have to show nudes and be shown as helpless dumb girls who cant do anything. The movie is about a group of chick that go cave diving and end up running into a group of crawlers that attack them. The movie itself is considered a Classic in the horror category and is great.

Saw it last week after hearing good things and was brutally disappointed

Saw it last week after hearing good things and was brutally disappointed

What didn't you like about it?

And what ending did you see? It makes a difference

Wouldn’t call it a chick flick, since chick flicks are movies made for chicks.

But yeah it’s a great movie, Death Proof is also good.

The whole movie could've been condensed into a single monster scene of an X-Files episode

I thought they did a great job of using a tragedy in the main characters life and the claustrophobic scenes to build up a good amount of tension, made the monster scenes better.

I thought they did a great job of using a tragedy in the main characters life and the claustrophobic scenes to build up a good amount of tension, made the monster scenes better.

Yeah. The monsters helped her have a break though from scared of everything chick to a badass survivor who do anything to live. She came out of the blood a different person.

Yeah. The monsters helped her have a break though from scared of everything chick to a badass survivor who do anything to live. She came out of the blood a different person.
What turned her into a killer was finding out her friend had been having an affair with her husband

I initially thought your labeling it a chick flick was off, but on second thought it's probably accurate lol

Why is no third one? They left it with the
guy knocking that girl out I want to why.

Glad that they brought back the Asian girl
she was the best part of second one.

I must be a softie. I love the Sarah character, and her story makes this a real movie IMO. A heartfelt, tragic character in the middle of a horror movie. It's just well played all around. Plus I'm badly claustrophobic so the movie fucking scares me to death in the first place.

(The second movie doesn't exist, FYI)

I agree with you buddy.
I saw it illegally when it came out years ago, shhh, no snitching.
How’s the sequel?

Saw this movie with 4 other guys, no joke.

Sat in an empty movie theater, took up a whole row by ourselves with a chair in between each of us.

Was amazing. How going to see movies with guys should be done.

Good flick. Bare bones plot with high level physical effects. Good sense of dread. And one chick, if I recall correctly, with a properly tight shirt and a descent(*) ass.

one of the top 10 horror movies of the last 20 years. Maybe top 5.

I agree with you buddy.
I saw it illegally when it came out years ago, shhh, no snitching.
How’s the sequel?

The sequel is good, but can't hold a handle to the masterpiece 1st movie. its definitely worth a watch if you are the type of person that just wants to enjoy a movie and not nitpick.

This is the type of movie that shows females can hold their own and make a GREAT one without having men in it and they don't have to show nudes and be shown as helpless dumb girls who cant do anything. The movie is about a group of chick that go cave diving and end up running into a group of crawlers that attack them. The movie itself is considered a Classic in the horror category and is great.

Excellent film. One of my favorites.
In fact, I just watched my Blu-ray a couple of weeks ago & now after reading this thread I may just have to watch it again.

This movie was so dark that I couldn't see anything. It was worse than the last season of Game of Thrones.

The final scene where everything was red was nearly impossible.

Back