The (DYEL Status) Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
My deadlift sucks, I gained some weight and have a hard time getting into good position to pull.

MY DL has gotten easier since I figured out I can start with my hips pretty high. Long arms ftw.

You used to compete? At what weight? And what were your best lifts/total?

6lYZZM6.png

Lifting weights is much easier while gaining weight. Why didn't I try this before?

Is there some reason you are being a ****?

I Never claimed to be elite but I got over 1300 a few times. I did it all here in China so there were less strict rules which is fine by me because focusing on powerlifting is gay but the times I went over 1300, I weighed about 200 lbs.

They have a lot of deadlift only comps here and thenuniversityni work at has a yearly deadlift/5k competition which I've won a few times.

Again, I still compete in kickboxing/Muay thai as well as boxing so that's my focus. Once in awhile I come out of retirement for grappling tournaments but hats about it.

I don't think too much about lifting and numbers.

Is there some reason you are being a ****?

1. Relax. It was a fucking joke.
2. That's rich, coming from you.

I Never claimed to be elite but I got over 1300 a few times. I did it all here in China so there were less strict rules which is fine by me because focusing on powerlifting is gay but the times I went over 1300, I weighed about 200 lbs.

What does "less strict rules" mean?

Lol at "focusing on powerlifting is gay".

I may be a **** too but I've never been one to you.

Les strict rules just means they generally don't care much about weight class here and I do t either since I just lift to get stronger and to keep me in the martial arts game.

I do t really want to diet down to 181 and I don't really want to be 242lbs either so I just go at my usual 200.

The universities here are really big in deadlift comps, they have a few then there's a yearly meet to conpete with other univerisities. It's fun and there's lots of guys that train all year for it it's crazy, chicks fuck the dudes who win so all sorts of people train for it.

And yeah I think power lifting as a sport is sort of gay....not like a homosexual thing, just gay.

A total of 1300 is pretty damn impressive for a triathlete. You said you were 200 lbs. when you powerlifted. What was your weight when you competed in triathlons?

ironwolf used to be able to throw this here pigskin all the way over them mountains over there. all the way over!

A total of 1300 is pretty damn impressive for a triathlete. You said you were 200 lbs. when you powerlifted. What was your weight when you competed in triathlons?

As a triathlete, 175lbs. I'm 200lbs now and I actually likening weight for me, not too thin but not fat, got the abs still lol.

i do t think 1300 is that impressive of a total, if you follow a program and stuck to it. Same with doing an ironman, I have had friends who were sort of couch potatoes who followed a program, stuck to it and went on to have solid ironman times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back