The (DYEL Status) Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this will mean pretty much zero to anyone here but I've got tickets to this and I'm properly excited so felt like sharing.

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/.VOzpshQaHiE.twitter

150722_goldie_credit_victor_frankowski_web.jpg

Royal Festival Hall said:
The drum and bass icon's seminal album is performed live by the Heritage Orchestra.

Returning after a sell-out show at James Lavelle's Meltdown last year, drum and bass icon and contemporary/graffiti artist Goldie is back to introduce The Heritage Orchestra, who perform his most celebrated album live.

He and the Heritage Orchestra have expanded and reworked the tracks for full orchestra, band, choir, electronics, and guest vocalists. Conducted by Jules Buckley, this seminal record is performed with an orchestra for the second time.

That's pretty cool man.

I booked my tickets to watch Europe's strongest man in July today. World deadlift championships? Yes please.

That's pretty cool man.

I booked my tickets to watch Europe's strongest man in July today. World deadlift championships? Yes please.

That'll be ace; Eddie Hall's deadlift has exploded in recent years, I wonder if he and Magnusson will both be competing?

Cool. Just round the corner from my work.

You're not by any chance at a certain major oil corporation? (there's obviously 100's of companies you could work at close to the South Bank, I just know that they're nearby).

Fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

wompwompwomp

You're not by any chance at a certain major oil corporation? (there's obviously 100's of companies you could work at close to the South Bank, I just know that they're nearby).

I know exactly who you mean, but no. I'm in comms.

I know exactly who you mean, but no. I'm in comms.

I remember you saying you were in comms (thought it could still be Shell related though, not sure what op's they have at the South Bank). Not sure why I tried to guess really - there's an unbelievable amount of businesses within a stones throw of there.

I remember you saying you were in comms (thought it could still be Shell related though, not sure what op's they have at the South Bank). Not sure why I tried to guess really - there's an unbelievable amount of businesses within a stones throw of there.

Ah OK, thought you might have forgotten, but yes could have worked in ops for Shell I suppose. I'm in Southwark, so a few minutes walk from the South Bank - it's quite nice around there isn't it.

I'm in Southwark, so a few minutes walk from the South Bank - it's quite nice around there isn't it.

Yeah, it's a nice part of the city.

Random London story. I had a week of meetings with a couple of guys over from Silicon Valley last week. They were getting a taxi across town and a policeman stopped traffic at their car so the Queen could go past in her iconic burgundy Bentley; they got a perfect view, about as close as you can get without meeting her.
It's pretty much the first time either of them had been to the UK; I've lived in this country for 37 years and I've never seen the Queen (not that I give a shit I just thought it was funny).

Yeah, it's a nice part of the city.

Random London story. I had a week of meetings with a couple of guys over from Silicon Valley last week. They were getting a taxi across town and a policeman stopped traffic at their car so the Queen could go past in her iconic burgundy Bentley; they got a perfect view, about as close as you can get without meeting her.
It's pretty much the first time either of them had been to the UK; I've lived in this country for 37 years and I've never seen the Queen (not that I give a shit I just thought it was funny).

Ha. Whenever I've been to the US I always get someone asking me if I've met the Queen.

Waiting to taxi out on a full flight to LV.

I'm reasonably sure I have the best morote soei nage of everybody on this flight at the moment. Just for the record.

Anyone have any good ideas for drinking challenges? We have a snorkel test for a new dive master here and we need something new.

For reference, on my snorkel test I put together a scuba unit while blindfolded and taking shots. They poured samba on a plate, lit it on fire and I had to put it out by drinking it (fingers in the samba, the lick it off). I had to gurgle a shot of vodka while demonstrating a dive skill. We played musical chairs with blindfolded masks and fins on, loser takes a shot. Then had to answer scuba questions, if you got it wrong you got an egg over the head and a shot. Then we chugged booze from a snorkel.

Any ideas?

Drinking games are a fun way to break the ice or have a laugh. We play the finger game (inb4 someone says we stick fingers up each other's bums). It's where if someone's pint is within fingers length of the edge of tha table, and you notice and are able to touch their pint with your finger from the edge of the table then that person has to down their pint.
Another one is drinking with the opposite hand. So if someone is right handed, then they have to spend the rest of the evening drinking with only their left hand. If they get caught with even having the pint in their right hand then they have to down the drink.

It's funny at the start, but it's a ball ache if you've just got back from the bar, you forget that you're only meant to drink with your left hand, get caught and have to end up drinking a whole pint. And if you're anything like me, you have the gag reflex of a fresh 18 year old teenie, end up spewing all over the place.

A simple but hilarious drinking game to throw in is not being allowed to show your teeth; if someone does they have to down their drink.

Sounds shit if you've never played it but believe me it's funny as fuck.

Steve Irwin was the best to watch for drinking games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back